User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 202 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 51 101 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 2011 HydroStream Power Tour official MEGA Thread

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8xxtG4QbRA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8xxtG4QbRA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Welcome to the 2011 Hydrostream Power Tour. Many of you know about us by now, but for those of you who do not, the concept is a simple one:

Get a group of fellow Hydrostream owners together and go boating on various bodies of water in and around Wisconsin. We are a unique breed of individuals that really love and appreciate the classic lines and feel of driving a Hydrostream.

The Rules:

Power Tour stops will not be posted in advance on this thread. Persons wishing to participate must contact me in advance. We will notify our list of participants of future planned stops in advance (suggestions welcomed). The reason for this is that we want to keep this a Hydrostream Only group and keep it limited to those who will respect our group and the lakes we boat on.

Our Goals:

- To meet new friends with common interests and maintain long lasting relationships with our growing list of Hydrostream friends.
    - To continue to grow the "HydroStream Owners Group" as a network of individuals that share ideas about their classic Stream's and can get together and go boating
    - To get Greg to come to one of our get togethers for a classic Hydrostream Photo Shoot. Greg has a permanent invite
    - To share photos for the enjoyment of fellow distant enthusiasts unable to participate

Notes:

We have no tolerance for BS here. Everyone gets equal respect; from the $500 “work in progress” boat pulled out of the weeds; to the brand new rig with new power. In fact, perhaps a touch more respect for the ones that “save” the old boats and put in serious work to restore them. Another note is that we are not interested in anyone trying to get involved with the group that is trying to “sell” something. With our broad membership base, if we do not know how to do something, someone in the group probably does. That being said, we still welcome “good” people to join us.

Click Here For our Hydrostream Power Tour photo gallery. This gallery is for pictures only and is maintained by the members of the Hydrostream Owners Group.
    In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would like to say first and foremost a huge thank you to Mark - Flowmaxx, and his wife Janna for getting this thing off the ground, keeping everything screwed together, and providing an unbelievable amount of commitment to the Hydrostream Owners Group and the Power Tour as a whole. I first met "the group" June 13th of this year and was welcomed like family, and I can't honestly say I've ever met a group of people that are as genuine and down to earth as the Hydrostream owners I've met this year. I look forward to boating all that much more knowing I'll be hanging out with great guys and gals like you all, I hope, far far into the future.

I finally found the time to play in the garage tonight a bit and decided that there was a spot above the workbench that deserved some covering........and along those lines, I want to say thank you to Brian for going WAAAY out of his way to make sure my boat spent some time in the water this year instead of on the trailer. I dedicate the following picture to you my friend.....cheers!!

Jeff Couch - Riverman...
    This guy has been in my corner since day one when I found out my boat was rotten. He always took the time to offer advice and even some phone time throughout my project. I can't even begin to count the ways he helped my through my mess when I first started the recore....for that..I owe you my friend.
    I'll tell a little story about Jeff surrounding Lake Koshkonong Speed Runs 2009. I showed up at the race that day in another Hydrostream becuase mine was still in pieces. I gravitated to his Viper right away and throughout the day Jeff and I covered alot of ground, Hydrostreams, politics, racing, family, Merc vs. OMC...etc etc...it was a great day. The water was horrible so Jeff didn't run and opted to make the trip back to put it on the trailer and offered me my first "real" ride in a Viper....I was hooked. Long story short, I didn't book a room for the night, Jeff offered me the extra bed he had in his and we decided Molsen was a good idea (ya I know, I still have it in my mancave fridge..lol) while we sifted through the 100's of pictures we had from the days event......good times for sure. TY sir for your kindness, your boat is amazing, and I hope to see you at 3 Lakes this year.

Tyler....
    Let me tell you a little story about this guy...... My boat had not been in the water yet and my brother and I drove 7 hours to Shawano, WI for a Power Tour stop. We arrived the night before and I dunked the boat @ the 5th St. ramp to give it a shake down run. I'm idling towards a railroad bridge not knowing where the no-wake ends and and Tyler comes screaming through, (scared the hell out of me, mind you, because I didnt expect it) sees me and whips around...stops....and we were instant friends. He led me through the river on my boats maiden voyage and for that I thank him......great times @ Shawano for sure. I love the gel on your boat Tyler...if you ever want to sell it, call me.

Josh Madsen....
    I met Josh the year before I started boating with "The Tour". Josh and Stacy both are fun to boat with and be around. I went to Joshs house in early spring 2010 when he had just gotten the 225 Super Mag on his boat and I harassed him until we drug it outside to fire it up. Well, that day turned into dropping the sporty to find an impeller that needed attention. Josh made the trip to Shawano and we did some great boating that day. Josh, your Vegas is sweet buddy....hope to see you soon.

Dustin - Quarterhorse
    This guy has been pumped since he got his hands on a Vector early early 2010. He spent alot of time getting the boat together in between taking care of his new family...grats again btw!

I talked to Dustin occasionally on the phone this year and convinced him he needed to make the drive from Des Moines, IA to Peoria, IL for the Illinois River Run to boat with a few of us Power Tour guys. He was in from the git-go. The weather ended up being horrible, but he and company were all troopers and is, for certain, what I consider a Hydrostream junkie, and friend. Thanks for making the trip Dustin and I hope you and the misses make it down this way again soon.
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI
    Resto Thread Here
    2010 Go-Pro Stuff

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill Knueppel is Marks older brother and is one of the original members of the Hydrostream Power Tour. He has been a Hydrostream owner and fanatic since his early childhood. Bill is currently the owner of a mint condition Vegas powered by a Merc. Bill makes selective appearances during the Power Tour and runs his Vegas to its abilities.
    Hydrostream Owners Group

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janna
    Is always the one we most forget about out boatting.

We dont offen take note in the things she does for The power Tour...She is the base of all that does go on..With out her we could not do the things we do..She does all the so liked pics we enjoy.She does all the Video's And my list could go on.
    I would like to take this chance to Thank Her while we start this new year...And we are all looking forward to that next Janna shot 2011.
    Mrs Flowmaxx you are in all are Hearts Thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Adam

I would like to introduce two of the awesome individuals that we met: Adam and Jade. We met at the 2009 Three Lakes Shootout and a great friendship developed from there. Their Vegas is actually an Xtream, but that does not matter. The design is Hydrostream and we are all one big family. Any one that gets the privilege of seeing this boat, be sure to check out the custom interior, it is really cool. Looking forward to boating with you two for a long time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark,
    Thank you for all your hard work and all that you have done over the years with the Power Tour..
    Because of you we have grown in big #s .The Tour see's new face's ever time out..
    We have the best Thread on Screamandfly because of You.!...You are the best of the best.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Anthony

We met Anthony and his brother at Three Lakes this year. They made the trip all the way from Canada! Good stuff gentlemen. I hope we get to see you guys and your awesome ‘Stream again soon. Wish we would have had more time to chat….

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad, or Schramer as we all know him, has been around Hydrostreams since he was an infant...some may say Schramer is stil an infant. He is the owner of two one-of-a-kind Hydrostream Vectors. One of which is a COMP and both are powered by custom OMC's. Schramer is a true Hydrostream Owner and runs his 'Streams full abilities.
    Hydrostream Owners Group

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scottie,
    Im happy to be your side kick in your Hydrostream build...You are worthy in everyway...You have a drive to be the best at what you do.
    You are as i was...And i like that in you. You also get hats off from all of us .As we are most proud of you and all you have done in 2010.
    Hydrostreams kiddo Hydrostreams..2011

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brett Nastala is a fairly new to the Hydrostream Power Tour, but still has a past of hi-performance boating. He currently runs a mid 80's Mariner powered Valero YT. Brett and his dad have multiple Hydrostream projects in the works and will be on the water closer to the 2011 running season.
    Hydrostream Owners Group

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin O'Connor is a fairly new Hydrostream Power Tour member as well, but has been an owner of multiple Hydrostream boats currently and in the past. Kevin owns an open bow HSP Voyager that is Merc-Powered and owns a mint condition open bow Valero/Vasserette with a Fast Strike on the transom. Kevin makes multiple appearances yearly during the Tour and always represents Hydrostream well.
    Hydrostream Owners Group

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Bob

We met Bob at one of the 2010 Power Tour stops. We really enjoyed talking with Bob and seeing his amazing Stream in action. Bob has done some really cool customization to this boat and it runs awesome. I especially like the big ‘Rude hanging off the back. Good stuff Bob, I hope you can join us a few times this year

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Casey and Joe

Casey,

It was really great that you were able to join us again this year. It is also great that you brought your little brother Joe, a future “Hydrostreamer” for sure. Also, thanks for toting Keith around at the last get together. Love the boat and the story behind it. If it weren’t for my Dad and older brother, I probably wouldn’t own one today. Good stuff, my friends

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Chris

I must take this opportunity to thank my friend Chris Lake. Chris is really the first true outboard junkie I met. He was there from the start. Chris has a little bit of gas and two stroke oil in his veins and has some V4s that can hurt feelings of more than a few V6 owners out there. Like many of us, Chris’s Ventura was in rough shape and needed everything. I was there when we flipped the boat over in his garage a few winters ago. The boat got a new core and some “Laker V4” custom treatment including some bad-to-the-bone V4 power. Let me tell you, this boat can run. It is a great experience being able to see this V4 light the lake on fire wherever it goes.

Cheers Buddy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff (Sonik) is a Hydrostream owner that has had a project in process for the past few years and finally made a reputable appearance during the 2010 Power Tour Season. Jeff owns a one-of-a-kind mint condition with a 2.0 Merc of the back. Jeff is an original HSP fan and is committed to a lifelong Hydrostream way of living. 2011 will bring many new possibilities for Jeff and we will await to see if he can gain his man-card back as it was lost in a past 2010 event

Love,

Joshua
    Hydrostream Owners Group

Page 1 of 202 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 51 101 ... LastLast