User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimmed Out15 View Post
    That thing is sick, what kind of numbers are you turning if you dont mind me asking. Eric, you might have to start looking for another motor, this thing is sick! By the way i know a lot of people that would kill to have a garage like that, it would be a lot easier restoring that shadow in there huh E.
    Thx, TO15. When it was first rigged w/twins, there was always someone at the ramp who would tell me, "you're out of your mind!!" That was over 20 yrs ago. But back then outboards didn't make the power they do today. To me, it was the obvious way to go, I wanted to haul ass. It runs somewhere in the 90's. I never cared to chase after every mph. It always has been a ball to drive and have fun with. Yes the garage is rather roomy. chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the last two night i got the tank coated, trimmed all my edges, and cut all my drains and plugged then up with pvc pipe. ran home from work tonight and heres what i have gotten done so far

Fast mock up of the floor

i still have to do a little grinding and sanding on the tops of the stringers/ supports to get the deck to sit nice and level and where i want it. its pretty close now but its not perfect so after a little playing i should be happy with it.

ChrisM is putting bad ideas in my head, i might need to find myself another 225 3.0 to put on the back if i had the money right now to deal with the fuel cost and maintainance on two motors i would seriously consider it, that thing looks awesome even sitting still. that garage would be nice to work in, beats my $150 carport anyday.

Berzerko: Feel free to post pics if you have them i like looking at other peoples layouts and setups. i have seen you boat in pictures on here before when i was looking at other possible paint schemes, that looks like it is a real nice rig. Time to find yourself another and make it just as nice! I still love the windshield and still kind of want to do a windshield but both the cockpit cover and the full cover will have to be modified or remade to fit and the cost of the windshield and the aggravation involved is making me stick with the bar. I do like the bar it has that original challenger look but the windshield would be my choice if i had one
    Last edited by 87starflite; 01-20-2011 at 06:24 PM.

21' Shadow--250 3.0l

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wind flaps can be made very inexpensively. Made mine for about $30. Nice thing is when you need some air you just pull them down. Do a great job of directing wind right over your head. I just pull them down and put my full cover on. No need to alter anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont put twin 3.0s on that baby!!!!!! If it gets twins make em 2.5s!!!!!! everytime I see Chris's boat I drool and want twins. But god damn "higher education" is going to drain that bank account. Twin 3.0s will make one ill handling boat imo
    Johnny Saris
    Driver-441 32 Cobra
    Saris Racing Engines
    World and National Champions
    www.facebook.com/TeamSaris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will dig up more photos in the next few days there buried somewhere, when I do I will want to find one asap. I have a real problem that when I get something in my head I don't stop

Starflite where did you find the shadow? Know of anymore?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
    Dont put twin 3.0s on that baby!!!!!! If it gets twins make em 2.5s!!!!!! everytime I see Chris's boat I drool and want twins. But god damn "higher education" is going to drain that bank account. Twin 3.0s will make one ill handling boat imo
    I could never afford to do twins now anyway i am just pipe dreaming lol. my expensive private college education puts a damper on alot things right now. at 26k a year i could have bought a nice 28 skater by the time i graduate. education has to come first though then playtime after

21' Shadow--250 3.0l

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerko View Post
    I will dig up more photos in the next few days there buried somewhere, when I do I will want to find one asap. I have a real problem that when I get something in my head I don't stop

Starflite where did you find the shadow? Know of anymore?
    a real nice gentlemen owned the boat and he had become very ill with brain cancer and he brought the boat to my boss to try to sell it for him and i jumped on it within a few days. i had figured it needed a transom and knew it needed paint and a refit but everything ended up being wet so i ended up gutting it all. i had really wanted a pre 83 original condition shadow but they were a little out of my price range and would still probably end up needing work so it made more sense to buy one a little more beat up and start fresh. now i know i have what will be a basically brand new boat when i am done. i also really liked the full transom

im not sure of anyone selling anything right now but if your keep your eyes open im sure one will pop up somewhere

21' Shadow--250 3.0l

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vnemous:

i wasnt too concerned about the windshield blocking the wind i just love the look of the lines of that boat with the windshield on it. but then again i like the wind nailing me in the face on a hot day. i will deffinately be making or investing in a set of flaps for those colder fall days

21' Shadow--250 3.0l

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 87starflite View Post
    vnemous:

i wasnt too concerned about the windshield blocking the wind i just love the look of the lines of that boat with the windshield on it. but then again i like the wind nailing me in the face on a hot day. i will deffinately be making or investing in a set of flaps for those colder fall days
    DBAP frozen faces are part of boating!
    I think I need a set of motors for my boat..... when that lotto ticket cashes in lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep up the hard work! I posted a little more incentive! volume way up!clic the pic for a mild pass!
    Last edited by donmac; 01-21-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is that a twin engine challenger with a windshield?? very nice boat! u guys with these twin setups are gonna get me into trouble

21' Shadow--250 3.0l

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    progress going a little slow this weekend, the cold is holding me up. supposedly this is the cldest its been in a few years. Calling for field temps in the negative teens tonight and its only about 15 degrees out now with the windchill. i am putting the tank in right now and wanted to have the floor down but i my laminate on the bottom of the floor is still wet from last night so i doubt ill get done what i need to today. gotta love the cold. heres a shot of the great south bay from this morning

21' Shadow--250 3.0l

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran through --5 degree temps jsut north of the island this morning!! Its frieken cold!!!!!

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How close are you to Ronnie? I could have stopped by and checked her out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    How close are you to Ronnie? I could have stopped by and checked her out.
    i am in lindenhurst like two towns east of the nassau suffolk border, probably about 20 minutes from ronnies.

heres where i am at after freezing my butt off all day

tank and floor are permanantly in their places. the deck needs to obviously be glassed over, would hve tried to attempt it today but i dont have enough 1708 so im gonna try to go after class tomorrow get some more and maybe glass it. depends on how dam cold it is again tomorrow. this stuff is brutal

21' Shadow--250 3.0l

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast