Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so now i have a challange i have now build a nosecone too but i dont thinke that give me more speed but maby better handelig when it ruff sea
    i hope too be ready fore some test in maby 2 weeks hope to run 103 -104 mph then
    how fast did that boat whide the verado go ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the coolest videos I have ever seen. The way the water oscillates from above to below the cone kind of suggests that a point sticking out front might not be the best design for a lower unit. A angled blade out front from top to bottom might be better?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out this new fourstroke. Overkill for any high performance on scream and fly (cause of weight 1000lbs) but none the less pretty cool I had to share. http://www.seven-marine.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob@sportsmancenter View Post
    Check out this new fourstroke. Overkill for any high performance on scream and fly (cause of weight 1000lbs) but none the less pretty cool I had to share. http://www.seven-marine.com/
    That thing must be HUGE!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats no big deal!! Theres guys with motors on hear {outboards} the would put that thing to shame!! Therse more than a few guys hear running over 400-450++ HP on motors that weight less than 500lbs!!So 557HP is cool but to be worth anything the lbs must get below at least 600 to even get remotely close in power to weight as the boys running the big HP hear. Because of weight that 557HP is no better than 225 in relation to what boats you could put those things on. I take that back. Most boats hear with a 225 would probably eat the boat that could accomidate those motors. Just sayen.

I also think over 1000hp is cool but slow on most boats because you have 800-1000 lbs to make it? Ill take a 350HP+ 2.5 360lber over those beasts any day. On say a 30 or 40fter to go around 60-75mph might be a good aplication for those? I think there whole purpose is to save space in the cockpit more than any kind of performance? I do like the high tech look of them but I would never say they are better than any of the guys high HP motors on this sight. There are many WORLD Champs and Record holders hear that would beg to differ.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have to get so up at arms, just thought I’d share didn't mean to offend you, I totally agree I’d take a 2.5 or OMC any day over one of those behemoths but I just thought show it for a laugh.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have to get so up at arms, just thought I’d share didn't mean to offend you, I totally agree I’d take a 2.5 or OMC any day over one of those behemoths but I just thought show it for a laugh.
    OOPS didn't mean it that way Rob,Sorry. I must have had to much coffee when i wrote that. I meant more of a comparison wise and I do think they look really cool!!:} I need a bigger boat to accommodate all this sweet tech in motors these days. I'm really contemplating a 300 something new for my GS. If those Aussies can run Verodos on 17ft aluminum hulls and twin and triple 300xs motors on 20fters I'm sure I could put one on my 20fter no problem safely much contrary to what everyone says on hear and the Ally board:} Didnt mean to offend you at all Rob. I must have been uptight because smiles arnt working on my work browser!! :}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool read!!!!!!! the 4 strokes have came a long way... as of now im strickly a black motor guy.... mayb in the future something will change, but not yet!!!!!
    93 xr 2001 drag with a 15" drag
    92 xb 2002 comp with a 15" drag
    R.I.P. Phil "rpm racing" Watch over the rest of us my friend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man thats just cool all the way around

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truly amazing - so unbelievable that most everyone thinks your engine is supercharged!

Thanks for sharing that!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Sweeden any updates on speeds with the Honda. Did you ever get the Supercharger on to work yet? Very intersted in how your making out? Also can you post a pic of that bad arse herring prop your useing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did not have so much time fore testing this year but know i have brake the 100 mph wall and i made 103 mph i thinke i have a few mph moore to get from the standard engine it was not the best condition the movie is on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0YysEtT-w
    i going to put the engine in the dyno under the winter i hope and if i have time i going to take some pulls whide the charger on but i dont thinke i am going to have time to build it ready to use on the boat
    but we see what happens how knows

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweden View Post
    i did not have so much time fore testing this year but know i have brake the 100 mph wall and i made 103 mph i thinke i have a few mph moore to get from the standard engine it was not the best condition the movie is on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0YysEtT-w
    i going to put the engine in the dyno under the winter i hope and if i have time i going to take some pulls whide the charger on but i dont thinke i am going to have time to build it ready to use on the boat
    but we see what happens how knows

I tested mine with and without a nosecone and I also am running very high like you. Mine was faster with the nosecone because it lifts the tail better. I am thinking about adding a small flat area to the bottom of the nosecone so it rides up on it like a small pad.

Without nosecone. Lots of spray and struggles to get up top:

With the nosecone its about 4mph faster and gets there quicker. Water is cleaner coming off the bullet:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXvi..._order&list=UL
    Last edited by Mr. Demeanor; 10-30-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Hey Sweeden any updates on speeds with the Honda. Did you ever get the Supercharger on to work yet? Very intersted in how your making out? Also can you post a pic of that bad arse herring prop your useing.
    now i have make my goal 104 mph solid 103,3 whide 2 pepole in the boat look at the youtube clip
    i thinke i can make 106 or maby 107 if the rev limit dont go in at 6500 rpm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7VNh...&feature=feedu

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast