Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allison looses motor

Im new here but wanna ask if anyone has lost the transom in an allison xtb21?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't make for a good day..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no way ???
    drunk jumpin is the only time i seen one break

https://www.facebook.com/scott.steffe

Replacement Fiberglass Windshields For just about every hydrostream
    Fiberglass Seat Shells 18 wide high backs, 18 wide barrel backs and 23 wide big boy barrel backs

call 941-575-8914 with any questions

7 to 3pm 5 days a week
    Custom Fiberglass and Paint
    In Business since 1984

for sale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deason View Post
    Im new here but wanna ask if anyone has lost the transom in an allison xtb21?
    Not in an 1988 model or newer... The older ones had wood transoms and could rot out with improper sealing or hardware application....
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard of a Grandsport pulling the mounting bolts through the transom, which caused Allison to issue a kit to prevent it.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    I have heard of a Grandsport pulling the mounting bolts through the transom, which caused Allison to issue a kit to prevent it.
    jax that would be interesting to know if that was true .....I do know this for a fact on the 1991-1997 Allison GrandSport they suggested you put that kit in .....I put it in and had to drill the top holes bigger ..the transom is extremely hard to drill..... also I believe that kit you are talking about was a up grade from 1/2" bolts to 9/16"bolts..I do not believe it had anything to do with pulling the bolts through the transom....
    Heres a link if anyone would like to know more about this ....
    http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=1976

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    common sence is a big factor here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMERICANRAM View Post
    jax that would be interesting to know if that was true .....I do know this for a fact on the 1991-1997 Allison GrandSport they suggested you put that kit in .....I put it in and had to drill the top holes bigger ..the transom is extremely hard to drill..... also I believe that kit you are talking about was a up grade from 1/2" bolts to 9/16"bolts..I do not believe it had anything to do with pulling the bolts through the transom....
    Heres a link if anyone would like to know more about this ....
    http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=1976
    The problem supposedly started with a Grandsport running across Lake Michigan and the bolts did pull through the transom. Mine already had the larger bolts but they installed a plate on the inside and the outside of mine.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I threw a blade off of my Chopper II a couple of weeks ago and ended up with the first spider cracks [after 12 years of abuse] in my Gel Coat from all of the shaking. Jack just got through with fixing them.

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem supposedly started with a Grandsport running across Lake Michigan and the bolts did pull through the transom. Mine already had the larger bolts but they installed a plate on the inside and the outside of mine.
    i cant believe that, i installed the bolt upgrade.compliments of allison!!!! thanks guys your the best!!! not sayin, the original bolts didnt break cause why would they upgrade. maybe because they had poor tensile strength. i have the originals. they are coarse thread grade 2 welded to a tab.the new ones are fine thread grade 5 with a thin plate.the transom has metal in it.as far as the bolts pullin through the transom? in my opinion i repeat in my opinion which i am in titled too! well its either a urban legend or some jackass put bolts the wrong size in is boat.the originals might shear due to weakness but you arent pullin them through a healthy transom. jeez i could barely drill through it! but i did and hated it!!!!
    24-Skater "substitute found"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharing what? You stupid bitch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robint View Post
    thanks for sharing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jas638 View Post
    i cant believe that, i installed the bolt upgrade.compliments of allison!!!! thanks guys your the best!!! not sayin, the original bolts didnt break cause why would they upgrade. maybe because they had poor tensile strength. i have the originals. they are coarse thread grade 2 welded to a tab.the new ones are fine thread grade 5 with a thin plate.the transom has metal in it.as far as the bolts pullin through the transom? in my opinion i repeat in my opinion which i am in titled too! well its either a urban legend or some jackass put bolts the wrong size in is boat.the originals might shear due to weakness but you arent pullin them through a healthy transom. jeez i could barely drill through it! but i did and hated it!!!!
    Jeese dude, calm down. I heard the same thing as JR did... Lash out to me if you want!
    Last edited by Forkin' Crazy; 10-28-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Isn't true, the Grand Sport you're talking about was mine. It was less than 3 months old (bought new in 5/97 bolts pulled through in 8/97). I only ran it (HARD) on Michigan inland lakes NEVER the Great Lakes. The bolts pulled through the transom & the 2.5 Merc was hanging from the steering cables. Allison REFUSED to believe that this could EVER happen & said that I hit a huge rock or log @ high speeds this was before they inspected the boat at the Factory. I bought the boat new from Baker Marine Support, thanks to Ron Baker Sr. & Sam Baker getting involved Allison traded my broken Grand Sport for a new Super Sport. First Allison wanted to fix the Grand Sport & return it back to me but I said NO WAY. Thus the recall, mine was the first one ever to fail. Even after 13 years I still hear the FABLE of me bashing the XS2003 on Lake Michigan waves !! If Sam Baker reads this he'll sure remember this MESS !! Scott
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did see one, wish I still had the pics...but it wasn't the boats fault. If I remember right it was an XTB, he tried to run through a stump field on Santee Cooper during the drought a few years ago when the lake was down 15'...Didn't work out too well for him....I made it back to the ramp just after it was put back on the trailer, and the engine (still bolted to part of the transom) was placed in the floor of the boat...My guess is that it was an older wood transom that was probably already compromised. The rig looked like it was not well taken care of....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gilmore View Post
    That Isn't true, the Grand Sport you're talking about was mine. It was less than 3 months old (bought new in 5/97 bolts pulled through in 8/97). I only ran it (HARD) on Michigan inland lakes NEVER the Great Lakes. The bolts pulled through the transom & the 2.5 Merc was hanging from the steering cables. Allison REFUSED to believe that this could EVER happen & said that I hit a huge rock or log @ high speeds this was before they inspected the boat at the Factory. I bought the boat new from Baker Marine Support, thanks to Ron Baker Sr. & Sam Baker getting involved Allison traded my broken Grand Sport for a new Super Sport. First Allison wanted to fix the Grand Sport & return it back to me but I said NO WAY. Thus the recall, mine was the first one ever to fail. Even after 13 years I still hear the FABLE of me bashing the XS2003 on Lake Michigan waves !! If Sam Baker reads this he'll sure remember this MESS !! Scott
    hey scott; is there an allison made that u didnt own? lol jus kidding . i guess u have no reason to make any thing up,thanks for clearing things up.i would love to see pics if u have any.
    24-Skater "substitute found"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast