Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wizard produces a forged racing piston in STD., .024", as well as .044" over bore sizes in 2 ring as well as 1 ring . They also produce a 2.4 forged racing piston for BP motors with the flat machined..Also produce a Super Stock legal 2.5 forged piston....

Ask Shaun Terrente F1 winner in Kan Ke Ke about Wizard pistons as tons of racers that Drag and lake racers can confirm, they are bullet proof...

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke to him on the phone. It will need a sleeve as it has moved. He is really having to budget this as he just bought the boat and it has blown the first time out. So much of the suggestions are probably out the question. He is trying to get it going again as cheap as he can. So a set of 2K pistons are out. I will help him out as much as I can. He is fairly close to me.
    James Perry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2k pistons are definately out, as much as I would love to have them my back pocket just will not allow it. James is right though, I just bought this set up and dont have a ton of money to throw at it so I am going to get that one cylinder sleeved and go from there, all the other jugs look great so there is no need to throw money at a new block when I can get this one worked. I am sending the injectors to Tony and am sending the pistons to get top pinned, I might not have a ton of money to throw at this thing but I would rather do the little things now to make sure I dont have to do this again in a year or two! I would love to do some cheap power mods while I had it apart but there again dont have the money to throw at it right now. Everyones help on here is great though, I wish I would have been on here years ago when I blew my 2.0L merc. and used the advise to re-build it instead of just re-powering. James more than likely I will be seeing you before too long with a block to bore unless I can find someone respectable up here to save me the trip.
    89' 21 foot Norriscraft
    93' 2.5 200 XRi EFI Merc.

If you aint going fast then your wasting time!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. From what you described it sounds like it will need a sleeve. If it turns out it just needs bored, I can do that while ya wait so you won't have to make 2 trips.
    James Perry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2