Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that was the early LS1's 97-98, but not sure. On my first swap I went the all together route, even the tranny, It was nice, most everything was direct fit and already worked together. But being Gm didn't do a "best of everything" combo, I'm pieces & parting mine now. I've done enough research, swapping and asking, that I pretty much no what to put where and what goes with what. To give you an idea my 06' miata is getting an 01 block with ls2 timing chain & ported/shimmed oil pump, 799 truck heads w/Z06/LS6 valves, Z06 cam and yellow springs. Also a ported LS2 intake, 6 speed harness, E40 ECM and T-boddie from 06' GTO. CTSV accessories and drives, an LS3 waterpump, and truck coils. Its truly a bastard engine but hey, its going in a miata As for the boat, it will see sustained rpms.... plus boost... so the oil pump pressure and volume are even more crucial. I'm thinking a Melling, ported oil pump will be best. I may extrude hone the crank, Shhhhhh...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really you can't go wrong after 01' The 6.0 99-00 cranks had a thicker flange at the flexplate to mate up with the 4L80E trannies. In 01 they made all the cranks the same (thin flange) but put a spacer on the 4L80E model engines. As far as the blocks go unless you're going massive power (1000+) or spinning them to 8k+ you're all good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At "DanielC" 's suggested I checked out the PCM Marine's web site. As he said, they are building complete marine motors using the 5.7L and 6.0 L engines. If you haven't checked out their parts manuals you need to. They have their own little screw top container which houses the high pressure FI pump which, in turn, is fed by a low pressure, in line, electric pump at the fuel tank. They have brackets to connect cable to the throttle body sensor; fuse panel, wiring harness, and computer. They even use an O2 sensor!! What I most would like to have is a set of their LS exhaust manifolds and heat exchanger. OOH!! OOH!! I requested a price for their complete ZR 409 engine. I bet, it'll knock my socks off. After I get back up off of the floor, I''ll find out the cost of their manifolds and exchanger. I'd like to talk with a boat mechanic who is familar with PCM's engines to find out which components are stock GM and which are made by PCM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skidim,com is a source for PCM parts, I believe you can even get complete engines, pretty much "Plug and play"

For what it is worth, for a while PCM was offering the 502 GM motor, and it was put in, as an option, in some Correct Craft ski and wakeboard boats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasted income is over on the PB forum in the jet section, another guy has one as well
    a couple months ago a guy was starting to build headers and was talking about building them for the Lsx motors, havent heard an update
    Last edited by thompy; 09-16-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks as though you can get the PCM exhaust setup through Skidim.com for about 750. Would rather have the aluminum Hardins, but...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finiata
    The guy who has the 351Cleveland exhaust mainifolds got back to me and said that they were cast iron from a PleasureCraft. I asked him what he wanted for them, but he didn't know. I offered him $75 and he said he would think about it and get back to me. He lives about 60 miles west of St. Louis. I don't know if he would ship. I let you know what he says about price and if he'll ship. What is your zip code?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link to ones made in Oz.
    http://www.cassellmarine.com.au/p/85...manifolds.html
    I would try and use a set of BBC and make a flange for them though. You can buy them for about $100 bucks on ebay and the ports are real close. I have a set of aluminum SBF that I would sell if someone is interested in trying to make them work. They were on a older mastercraft and are painted black, but are in good shape.
    Glad I found my 351C ones when I did....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logs.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	217114

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rub it in! Rub it in!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is some reading for you guys. Questions? Ask away.
    http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ad.php?t=62463
    2002 Sunsation 288
    1990 Hydrostream Vassarette YT - Sold
    1975 CeeBee Avenger Jet - LSx Swap - Sold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That's alot to digest. Here's some questions for WastedIncome:

Are you happy with the reverse facing throttle body and has the wake caused any problems?

Are you happy with the cam grind you selected? If not, what would you suggest?

How does your boat perform compared to the BBC? On takeoff? Top end? Pulling skier?

What is you top speed?

Was the BBC better than the LSx in any respect?

How did the starter work out using the BBC bellhousing?

Where did you mount the computer?

Did the lighter weight motor create any "attitude" issues with your boat? Such as nose heavy, etc.

What pump, impeller, shoe, droop snoot, etc. are you using?

What would you change about your installation if you did it over?

Any issues because of the cooler engine temperature? Do you have a way to regulate so that it runs hotter?

Your response would be much appreciated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great questions. My answers in red:

Quote Originally Posted by willysnut1959 View Post

Are you happy with the reverse facing throttle body and has the wake caused any problems?
    Yeah, it works great. No, never had wake cause any problems at all.

Are you happy with the cam grind you selected? If not, what would you suggest?
    Yes, i'm pretty happy with it. I wish I maybe would have went a little more aggressive...I love a good slobbery idle. Definitely could have made more HP with a bigger cam, but I wanted to match the peak power to where I thought it would turn the impeller (4800-5200 rpm). This motor and the valvetrain in put in is good for WAY more than that. I shift my LSx 5.3 at 6800 rpm.

How does your boat perform compared to the BBC? On takeoff? Top end? Pulling skier?
    It is all around better. Takes off better with instant throttle response from the EFI, as well as less weight in the boat. Top end, it runs a few mph faster. Haven't pulled a skier yet, but I am sure it will be better. Runs at part throttle perfectly.

What is you top speed?
    66-67 seems to be what I can get out of it repeatedly. I have seen 72 on GPS twice while tuning. Dunno if it was a GPS fluke or what?

Was the BBC better than the LSx in any respect?
    No. BBC are more expensive, it's heavier, it didn't start and idle as well, and it didn't look nearly as cool

How did the starter work out using the BBC bellhousing?
    I blocked off the BBC top mount starter hole and used a factory 6.0L starter.

Where did you mount the computer?
    In the engine compartment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31317_564196638317_6605880_32796771_7534002_n.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	217436

Did the lighter weight motor create any "attitude" issues with your boat? Such as nose heavy, etc.
    I haven't really noticed, but thinking back, it may be a bit nose heavy...esp since my fuel tank is in the bow. The place diverter helps with that though.

What pump, impeller, shoe, droop snoot, etc. are you using?
    Berk 12JG-A All stock with an aluminum A impeller. Hyd place diverter.

What would you change about your installation if you did it over?
    Nothing really. It went smooth as can be. If anything, I'd put it in a lighter, faster hull

Any issues because of the cooler engine temperature? Do you have a way to regulate so that it runs hotter?
    Nope, i took care of that in my tune. I made sure that it was running on all the base tables at 150-160*F instead of still in the "warm-up" tables. I have a gate valve to regulate water flow/engine temp. Seems to work fine, and much simpler/lighter than a closed cooling setup.

Your response would be much appreciated.
    2002 Sunsation 288
    1990 Hydrostream Vassarette YT - Sold
    1975 CeeBee Avenger Jet - LSx Swap - Sold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finiata
    The guy who has the 351Cleveland exhaust mainifolds got back to me and said that they were cast iron from a PleasureCraft. I asked him what he wanted for them, but he didn't know. I offered him $75 and he said he would think about it and get back to me. He lives about 60 miles west of St. Louis. I don't know if he would ship. I let you know what he says about price and if he'll ship. What is your zip code?
    Seemed to miss this 27804, Rocky Mount, NC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine installed a 5.7 chev in a 22 ft Chris Craft . it was out of Correct Craft useing the whole kit an kabodle. Works fine although a big conversion, big $$$$$$$

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The intakes on LS motors can be turned around so the throttle body faces the bellhousing fairly easy if it is problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast