Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Some Help With Prop Selection

Ok, we are currently setting up an Aus designed fibreglass ski race boat called a Flightcraft Bandit. It's 16 foot long and is quite light. It has a flat pad 14 inches wide at the transome.
    We have a worked omc v4 140hp looper on it with head modifications, exhaust, intake and tuning. It will be running on av gas. The hull is straight and true with good paint. We installed a 6 inch setback jacking plate. My question is: what style and size of prop will suit us for circuit racing? The prop needs to be a surface runner. We're thinking an srx or a raker 13.75 x 24 pitch. The prop needs to be a 13 spline. We're hoping to be around 75mph. Any suggestions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    75 mph with 24" would be around 7300 rpm. http://www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm
    Seems like a lot of rpm, but of course that depends upon what you've done to the engine.

I have a light 16' Baja (pad V bottom) with just 100 HP. It runs great with a DAH 23 SRX, but 23" might not be enough pitch for you. I also had good results with a re-hubbed small ear chopper. Maybe you should go that route.