User Tag List

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    To those of you asking questions, I apologize and I am not ignoring you. This is not my boat. My wife and I have just had the privledge of photographing it and sharing some of the story with everyone. I will leave the tough questions for the experts. We will continue to provide coverage as time permits. More photos, video and information will be provided in the near future...
    In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im just gonna keep me merc runnin mouth shut.for now! I just had a nice day at Blarney Island today!Very interesting runs out there!
    95 Allison XR2001
    00 Regal 2660 t/ 4.3
    02 quicksilver 15 merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    I herd a lot about that but whenever I bring it up on the lake it never happened

That is FLAT BULLCHIT....I never denied his 225 beating my 175..nor do i remember you bringing it up..he never raced me with the 260 but my suspicion is the outcome would have been a little different.

I wasnt sayin all OMC's are turds but kevin you and your brother talk a lot of chit on the lake about how cheap you can build these 300+ hp OMC's and neither of you have EVER been close to 300 hp....you bring every excuse known to man...then get on here and say its the Merc's bringin excuses???...I wouldnt expect a 225 fishin motor to run w/ a 260 but when you guys constantly blab about 3.3 this and 340 hp that and all the torque your makin it gets old....especially when you consistantly bring up the rear...and the Mercs on L.tarpon are tiny fish on a big lake...by no means are we setting speed records. As for your qshot being fast..I said and stand by what I said...your boat has the potential to be very fast IF you can make ANY kind of power...but at this point and time your a ways off of that goal.
    As to your "400.00" sportmaster....Kevin you bought a blown up case...basically an empty housing for 400 and unless you are planning to build it with junk you will have to spend some $$$ to build it right....my suspicion is you'll build it with the cheapest parts you can find then claim it's the monsterous torque of your 340 hp OMC that tears it apart...I know how this story ends.
    Kevin I'd like to see both you and Beef get the kind of performance you're looking for and you know I'd help in any way that I could but the non stop BS from the Lake Tarpon OMC camp is exactly that.....BS.
    And DUKE.....NO CHIT it cost money to make a fishin motor run w/ a race motor...I never said otherwise...that was the point I was making to Kevin and Beef since since we always hear how they can build a 300 hp motor with parts from wal mart.

And FLOMAXX....My comment was not implying that there is no competition from some home built OMC's but rather the lack of competition from the manufacturers. Unfortunately even several fast homebuilt OMC's is not what Merc or any other manufacturer considers "competition". I wish Evinrude, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Honda would get into racing...and win...that would ultimately be good for all of us.
    Dam some of you OMC guys are so quick to pounce.
    LTB Racing-"Skittles"
    Quartershot T3-R
    Merc 260
    18 Fiesta party barge- Twin 50 hp SLOmc's
    " The great ones practice the basics."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Shocker View Post
    im just gonna keep me merc runnin mouth shut.for now! I just had a nice day at Blarney Island today!Very interesting runs out there!

Rich,

It was good seeing you last night. Your boat cleaned up nice over the winter. You made a GREAT couple of passes and congrats on the win We got a bit of footage which we will post some of tonight and early next week.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, now that is settled, maybe we can all get along.

335lb. Vector, 750lb. Ventura II
    Hydrostream Addict Hot Evinrude 200 crossflow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LTB Marine View Post
    And FLOMAXX....My comment was not implying that there is no competition from some home built OMC's but rather the lack of competition from the manufacturers. Unfortunately even several fast homebuilt OMC's is not what Merc or any other manufacturer considers "competition". I wish Evinrude, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Honda would get into racing...and win...that would ultimately be good for all of us.
    Dam some of you OMC guys are so quick to pounce.
    I apologize if some are getting offended, but you must understand that when something cool like this comes up from the OMC/BRP boys, we get real excited. Whether you are a fan or not, someone is doing something different. It appears Merc racing is done and there hasn't been much excitement there as of late. Lets keep it real boys

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of a OMC racing motor, I really would like to see them made into a production motor. As already stated, there is definately a void in the high performance outboard market these days. If OMC steps up to the plate with an Etec racer,,or even a consumer hot rod with various midsection options, Lower Units options, etc.,,,, My hats off to them.

I also think the idea would be more acceptable if ya'll would paint the damn thing Black ! It may make it easier on us die hard Merc fans...........

Russ
    Russ Benton
    Allison XB-2003 w/JSRE Pro Max
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question black

Naw, if they were all black the only way to tell them apart would be the sound, good looks, and speed of the E-tec.

335lb. Vector, 750lb. Ventura II
    Hydrostream Addict Hot Evinrude 200 crossflow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well said jeff, if evinrude,yamaha & other motor companys would focus on race products, it would drive em all to make better products, competition between manufacturers is a good thing!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK.........i got some computer time here.............

dad had an aortic anurism bout 2 weks ago......been awake for way too long for the last week or so.........he's hangin in there..............mark was just puttin pics up of the new boat.........maybe a little jumpin the gun on performance but whatever..........boat was made for an Etec........been playin with bottom mods .........it was very ill handling at first but its behavin now..........as far as the motor.........I aint sayin.........right now im testin the boat with a stock 3.4 with tight heads..........thats what we ran last night......I completly ****ed up on the start and the kid walked me.......again........his pig is no slouch either..........as long as the arguements are freindly i'll let this thread continue........this has been a long road to here.....the guys that have followed it know........its all about gettin somethin new out there.......not what size it is........whos doin it.......who dont like it.........i dont care about none of that ****...........I wanna thank Mike Mullins for all the effort........and all the others that have helped with this....some of you have no clue........the whole idea behind this is to make somethin competative yet emission legal.........the work involved is endless........ to answer a few questions.............first X.........im hopin your just rattlin and not worried bout whos famous at blarneys or not.........as far as your Glenn reynolds statements.......i wil repeat...you know nothing bout what transpired.........if you knew youd shut up bout blarney rules cuz theres other organizations that make changes to allow people to run things outside the box..........Im not talkin about the motor till its done and tested...........as far as the mid ant the trim under........we have done some mods that you guys can get hold of me about to get the parts that fit.......right now we're makin the swivel assy fit the taylor mid...reason im usin that cowl......it was too nice to cut up and repaint......im workin on a lightwieght one to go on it.......did we get busted on cathererine........sort of.........thats just another example of people trying to put an end to this hipo sport.........many calls to the sherriff bout reckless driving and noise.........they were very cool about it and i even have a safety certificate from them after all said and done............its an ongoing project........i dont give a rats ass bout gettin beat either....makes you think more.....for you guys that appreciate what we do...thank you...........for the nay sayers.........well............heard it before..........dont care...........keep you all posted.........now i got work to catch up on...........

WET PICKLE RACING

The "UNracerxOFFICIAL"
    Home of the fastest Emission Outboard
    Motors on the planet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Slow around the shop today jeff?

oh thats what the excuse was, you had a fishin motor on it. To your defense i know those boys run a ton of monty stuff so you might have gotten beat by a race motor, welcome to my world!

1. 300hp is what the dyno said, the same dyno that says a 150 made 150. Peak hp doesnt mean chit in a race its how long it will make power. 2. I said 1k sporty (running, of coarse used gears :thumbusp: ) read the post and when my 3.3 goes together it better make more then 340 or ill return it! 3. you know that the only 3.3 i have now is a 200HO etec and a 225 DI (both F/S if your interested), 4. If i didnt have this money pit fishin boat, bought truck, school, etc. id have me a walmart 3.3 months ago! Ill make up some receipts so u can see its less then merc racin rings pistons and bearings no bs there . I'm at the point where I need to pick somthing, have a CC or a race boat cause i wouldnt have to run beefs 3 yr old 260ish hp used and abused (as if you dono) motor on my boat if i didnt have to dump dough into this CC. I couldnt have said it better my self, "walmart" parts you know it rusty head bolts and re-used head gaskets been the same way for yrs even before you got back into it when u put a promax on skittles. I appreciate your help, you have helped me before and **** I still have your test harness which i will be sure to return this week. As for the **** spewing, we are severely out numbered and try to keep up with the **** thrown at us as much as we can, if you can tell when we are jokin call me and ask (usually not joking bout the $$$ we dont have it to joke about). i didnt know it bothered you so much jeff, ill be sure to bring beef's muzzle next time we stop by your dock . If there is anything else you'd like to say PM me or call cause i dont wanna take any more of this thread

BACK TO THE E-TEC! I have seen in etec blocks, i have a complete 200HO in my garage right now and I have also seen in 2.5 race motors. Ask anyone porting is just about is everything when it comes to making power the big shots will tell you its easy to spend 50hrs per cyl . The 2.5 porting is nothing short of a work of art compared to the raw sand cast 3.3s (glue lines etc) and if anyone saw inside a 3.3 and compared it to a 2.5 race motor sitting next to one another he would either laugh or puke . Its bad enough to make you wonder how they make 250hp as with most fishing motors . I think these guys running these DI's (merc OMC, yami) deserve more respect because in reality these motors out there running now are only the tip of the ice burg Good job men
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowMaxx View Post
    Rich,

It was good seeing you last night. Your boat cleaned up nice over the winter. You made a GREAT couple of passes and congrats on the win We got a bit of footage which we will post some of tonight and early next week.
    Thanks again Mark! It was nice seeing you two out there also,cant wait to see the footage.The One thing that made my boat run awsome was the jackplate i bought off of Patches on this site,it completed my set up.Thats what was holding me back last year.
    95 Allison XR2001
    00 Regal 2660 t/ 4.3
    02 quicksilver 15 merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Shocker View Post
    Thanks again Mark! It was nice seeing you two out there also,cant wait to see the footage.The One thing that made my boat run awsome was the jackplate i bought off of Patches on this site,it completed my set up.Thats what was holding me back last year.
    It helps when you actually have the prop in the water...you were about 1.25" ABOVE the pad on your Allison last year? No wonder that thing wouldn't leave!
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever.....................

CHEATER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WET PICKLE RACING

The "UNracerxOFFICIAL"
    Home of the fastest Emission Outboard
    Motors on the planet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brett...the rules say the motor can't run nitrous. Doesn't say anything about the jackplate!
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast