User Tag List

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LTB Marine View Post
    Enuf with the 13k motor chit...you guys are forever buying this and fixin that on your washin machines...I guarantee you this...you have spent far more time and money working on your slOMC's than i have my Merc and the only ones makin excuses on lake tarpon are the ones who DONT run Mercs....now I love ya both but come on already. As for your Mercs are so expensive theory.. you and I both know you've got to spend some serious $$$$ to make an OMC run with an out of the box 260 or 280 and u dam sure aint doin it for 3k....hell you can barely buy the MERC Sportmaster for your OMC for 3k..that argument holds no water w/ me.

As to ETEC....i can only hope that Evinrude will get behind this and challenge Merc as competition is what brought us the 2.5 Series merc and it will ultimately bring us the next game changing motor irregardless of who builds it and that same competition is what will keep this sport semi-affordable.
    oh jeffrey... I dono if it was the captain talkin doin the talkin on the lake the other day but u were the one saying your not gonna be able to run with the lil old leaky chalky white tunnel . As for working on them, again we dont have the luxury of an erector set/ "crate" race engine . I'm doing another budget build and already have -200 in the powerhead and chances are it will be on carbs and have an OMC lower for a bit (as most of quick omcs have). My sporty was 4bills and my adapter was 100 figure 300 for tools and 50 for schooling from you on how to build it im in a sporty for well under 1k

now beef- quit talkin up your motor theres no way u have 3k in it unless you include all 3 props of mine

WOLVERINE- I was at 08 jasper and spoke to bush he had NO NOS after a solenoid smoked during testing IF the merc didnt have 3 stages we know who would have won. They are not trying to make "bush" rules for no reason
    Last edited by baja200merk; 06-10-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolltv View Post
    4 Years on this motor and I just spent my first dollar on it, bearing carrier failure, its not the fastest but it gets me there, Matt
    9 years on my 77 200 Rude 7200+ R's, not a dime on any failures.

335lb. Vector, 750lb. Ventura II
    Hydrostream Addict Hot Evinrude 200 crossflow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=LTB Marine;1988337]Enuf with the 13k motor chit...you guys are forever buying this and fixin that on your washin machines...I guarantee you this...you have spent far more time and money working on your slOMC's than i have my Merc and the only ones makin excuses on lake tarpon are the ones who DONT run Mercs....now I love ya both but come on already. As for your Mercs are so expensive theory.. you and I both know you've got to spend some serious $$$$ to make an OMC run with an out of the box 260 or 280 and u dam sure aint doin it for 3k....hell you can barely buy the MERC Sportmaster for your OMC for 3k..that argument holds no water w/ me.

You mean to tell me that it takes money to make a fishing motor run like a out of the box racing motor, huh go figure.

335lb. Vector, 750lb. Ventura II
    Hydrostream Addict Hot Evinrude 200 crossflow

Merritt Island,Fl. Sunshine Syndicate Country!!!!
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember a OMC whoopin your ass!!!!! and a 20 something year old omc motor whoopin your fat buddies ass!!!
    Bobby Pazos- Member Of The
    BULL-FROG EYES DRAG RACE TEAM
    Fellow-G-Man,
    Sunshine Syndicate

2006 23' Action Marine 300 HP V8
    2001 19' Action Marine White Power
    1998 23' Concept CC (sold)
    1999 17' Action Marine (sold)
    1996 STV River Rocket (sold)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and Dang it I like Ford better than Chevy while we are at it!! Matt
    again it is nice to see other possibilities out there.
    I thought i liked you!!
    Mirage RR
    Lake Tarpon Boyz!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stirring the pot some,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seven pages talking about and e-tec, its got some attention, Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Enuf with the 13k motor chit...you guys are forever buying this and fixin that on your washin machines...I guarantee you this...you have spent far more time and money working on your slOMC's than i have my Merc and the only ones makin excuses on lake tarpon are the ones who DONT run Mercs....now I love ya both but come on already. As for your Mercs are so expensive theory.. you and I both know you've got to spend some serious $$$$ to make an OMC run with an out of the box 260 or 280 and u dam sure aint doin it for 3k....hell you can barely buy the MERC Sportmaster for your OMC for 3k..that argument holds no water w/ me.

As to ETEC....i can only hope that Evinrude will get behind this and challenge Merc as competition is what brought us the 2.5 Series merc and it will ultimately bring us the next game changing motor irregardless of who builds it and that same competition is what will keep this sport semi-affordable.
    Jeff you cant buy a 260 block from someone USED for what i got in my motor... and if it was on the right boat (like it will) i will put money that i will be right there with you in 800ft... with a "slOMC" case mid trim and even carbs! lol the only thing not omc will the the ignition... my action motor and trailer wasnt worth what a 260 is out the box... see u on the lake
    Last edited by BeefKid; 06-10-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    Mirage RR
    Lake Tarpon Boyz!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck, I like'em all and I hope that eventually I can own every single one of them... They were all drawn up and birthed by Guy's 10x smarter than Myself...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    and Dang it I like Ford better than Chevy while we are at it!! Matt
    again it is nice to see other possibilities out there.
    Exactly ...where would we be without the age old controversy of Black VS White motors ???? The real fact is that Mercury chose to support the High Performance enthusiast longer thans Johnrude did ...hence more motors and development out there , nothing like the wild howl of a ported OMC ..love the sound . BUT ....when claims are made of Merc Drag spanking etc ..they will be challenged especially when the motor pictured , although very cool has a facade for a gearcase as per the owner .It's all good ...wish we had 10 Mfgrs offering qualified products.
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by action17 View Post
    I remember a OMC whoopin your ass!!!!! and a 20 something year old omc motor whoopin your fat buddies ass!!!
    I herd a lot about that but whenever I bring it up on the lake it never happened

Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly Tom. I'll say again that I like what is being done with the Etec's but it was them that stated that smoking Merc 260's and 280's was getting boring. Then when somebody brings up a Drag motor all of a sudden the Etec is just an old fishing motor against a factory race motor. It was the Etec guys that started stirring the pot, not the other way around.

BTW, nice looking rig you got there and for the record my boat is a lake boat just like that Mirage in the pics
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ok I'll start off by saying this. Had it at Blarneys tonight and got beat by another ETEC Anyways, you can think what you want and think we are smoking crack, but beating 260s and 280's is a FACT that no one from Antioch can deny or has denied. In 2009, one of these ETECs won Lake Racer at Blarneys. For those who don't know, Blarneys is a series of races, someone who knows more can elaborate as to the number, but it goes on all summer. Each week winners get a certain number of points depending on how they place. The boats in the class are 260's, 280's and ETECS. ETEC won high points in 2009, which means that it was beating 260's and 280's week after week. You can make the crack comments and joke about it all you want, but this is facts guys Now it is on to a new challenge and that is going after the drags. We will see how it goes. Just take notes on who and which outboard manufacturer is moving forward and not neutral or reverse.

I will say it again, I have a ton or respect for guys on both sides. Many have contributed alot to this sport. We have made many friends out there and it is always good to see everyone.

The whole point of this post is to give some hope to the future of outboard racing and who is taking us there.
    In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt you get busted on lake katherine yesterday? What was it for?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowMaxx View Post
    You will be seeing more of this boat in the very near future, remember where you saw it first

This rig is sweet and the rigging is top notch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    As i said....SEMI- affordable...meaning in line with the average outboard pricing..Speed cost money and racing stuff will always be more $$$ but the reason it has gotten so crazy for merc racing is simply no comptetition....What else are you going to buy???
    Now this is getting ridiculous. Some of you are laughing, others are making excuses, but now we even have complaints about no competition? You have got to be kidding me. I think it is time to break out the popcorn on my own thread.
    In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast