User Tag List

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 55 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Dave View Post
    Cubic inches only matter when Mercs aren't dominating.
    The Merc guys whine, cry, or change the rules if they aren't winning. My engine is smaller than yours (but it has more HP, rpm's, and is over 125lbs. less hanging at the rear......talk about a weight distribution advantage!!!), our 3.2 isn't competitive.......so we have to run a 2.5, HydroTec's 300 Yami put a bashing on our Simon 300 (but they had to use our Sporty to do it........BS.).....where do I stop???? But to give credit where credit is due........in true stock form (right out of the crate), there isn't a production motor of any brand....then or now... that will compete with a 260, 280, or the true King.....the Drag. We're talking race boats here.
    I'm pleased to see that an Etec can be competitive with minor modifications. Hopefully someone works on the new Yami SHO's to gain another 1500 or so rpm's.......That'll be a whole new ball game. Look at the new Merc 200XS ROS......that's some good stuff right there! Now how about something bigger! New technology is inevitable......don't fight it......it's the future of the sport we all love.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When a 2.5 280 smokes my 3.0 fishing motor, there is no cubic inches discussion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    all the bad ass and FAST merc drags are 2.9 L any way CI is the way to go, if you didnt need to bring 3 of them to be able to race a full weekend every one would be running them

Here we go, with the excuses... When the mercs stop winning the "Bush" rules start getting created, i know there will only be a few that know what I mean
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    260,280 AND 300 DRAGS are all bad ass, but you cant go buy a new one, I like the merc big block motors as well, it is just great to see we are not going to have to run fourstrokes just yet, because damn I hate adjusting valves, competition brings us better products and it dosent look like merc wants to make the small CI motors anymore, Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Flowmaxx, you going out to Blarneys Island tonight? If so, I hope to see you there!

Jr.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you OMC cheerleaders have been wishing for a great white (or blue) hope for years.....I wouldnt be bragging that it takes a big
    3.4lL to outrun a lil ole 2.5L "rice burner" as yall say..... Yea sure im glad to see new technology but OMC has always and always will be in the shadow of Mercury as far as racing engines go. Thats why no reputable performance shop wastes there time hopping one up...theres only so much that can be done with a OMC and you guys know it.....i can look anywhere and find parts and high performance services for Merc....good luck with OMC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laglass69 View Post
    All you OMC cheerleaders have been wishing for a great white (or blue) hope for years.....I wouldnt be bragging that it takes a big
    3.4lL to outrun a lil ole 2.5L "rice burner" as yall say..... Yea sure im glad to see new technology but OMC has always and always will be in the shadow of Mercury as far as racing engines go. Thats why no reputable performance shop wastes there time hopping one up...theres only so much that can be done with a OMC and you guys know it.....i can look anywhere and find parts and high performance services for Merc....good luck with OMC
    We must have different defintions of "reputable".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea sure im glad to see new technology but OMC has always and always will be in the shadow of Mercury as far as racing engines go.
    Wow, so your telling us that nothing will ever be better than Mercury's already 15 year-old technology as far as outboards go? Ignorace sure is bliss....

Why are people so loyal to a company that pulled its racing outboard line, while another is working on starting a racing outboard line?

Do people not have an ounce of logic anymore?

Sometimes I think if someone put 2+2=4, there would be someone on here who would dissagree......

-A Mercury Owner
    Last edited by Speed Jr.; 06-10-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LagLass, your momma drop you on your head when you were a teenager. Lets see here you got Acie Stringfield, Monty racing, Al Stoker, David Bush, Galen Burden, the late Wayne Taylor, Jack Barsh, and list goes on. All those guys do high performance work on OMC and BRP outboards. Dave Bush is making power out of V-6's that will make you sh!t yourself. They all buil motors that compete or blowing the wood screws out of those merc powered rigs. Do some research before you throw that BS on the board because its the other way around. There is only so much you can do to a merc....

You can take the biggest bad boy merc out there and throw 250shot nos kit on it and still get wore out by dave bush. That isn't no guess either, bring yo a$$ to Jasper this fall and you will see it. Cause i've seen it the past 3 years.
    Last edited by RayburnRacer; 06-10-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would be proud if it was a 3.2 300xs whoopin on the dinosaur 2.5s but its not. And out running the mercury RACING motors custom built by mercury RACING with a fishing boat motor on a short mid. BRP does not have a racing division or special nic block, pistons, heads, or one off RACING ignitions and EFI, this is just a fishin motor any one could buy even the same powerhead you can get on a 30in mid for your monster CC so imagine if they put ANY effort into a racing powerhead like you merc boys are lucky enough to have

argue CI all u want, its still a fishing motor vs a purpose built race motor

I cant wait till i can come back to this thread in a few months and quote all the nay sayers
    Last edited by baja200merk; 06-10-2010 at 12:39 PM.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gonna say something but did not have the time, once the supply of old merc race and consumer parts are all scarfed up you will be glad someone else is trying to give us stuff that goes fast, and some of us like building our engines the old way with blood sweat and tears not with mastercard, Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jr. View Post
    Wow, so your telling us that nothing will ever be better than Mercury's already 15 year-old technology as far as outboards go? Ignorace sure is bliss....

Why are people so loyal to a company that pulled its racing outboard line, while another is working on starting a racing outboard line?

Do people not have an ounce of logic anymore?

Sometimes I think if someone put 2+2=4, there would be someone on here who would dissagree......

-A Mercury Owner
    Sounds like you have the wrong motor hanging off the back of your boat if your such a fan of omc....but all joking aside im glad to see that other marine manufacturers are starting to pay more attention to high performance applications because for so long Mercury was the only one offering performance engines.....I have nothing against all the omc fans out there, I have owned Johnsons,Evinrudes,Yammys, and Mercs. In my experience, I have to be loyal to the black motor. I didnt mean any disrespect to any of you guys I jus felt like throwing something out there to get a good rise outta yall thats all...sure worked

And oldschool, everytime i've ever owned a omc, there was alot of blood,sweat, and tears along with the mastercard trying to keep em running thats why im loyal to the black motor
    Last edited by laglass69; 06-10-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 Years on this motor and I just spent my first dollar on it, bearing carrier failure, its not the fastest but it gets me there, Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know nothing.

First: nobody called a Merc a "rice burner" they're not Japanese

Second: When OMC released the V6 200 it destroyed any inline Merc had ever made. It wasn't untill the 1990's that Merc's racing division unveiled the 2.5 nic motors that Mercury dominated outboard performance. By then OMC had long since scrapped their racing division because it wasn't profitable.

Third: I'd like you to tell Stoker, Monty, Bush, Wayne Taylor, and others that they are not reputible.

Fourth: The world's fastest single outboard boat was powered by an OMC V8.

Any idiot with a big enough checkbook can slap on some bolt on parts and go fast with a Merc (See: Snakebit aka Cheesy-boy).

There's a whole new generation of outboard out there buddy. Technology and times change. There was a time when nobody thought there would be any good drag cars after the muscle car era ended. Today we have cars running much faster 1/4 mile times with totally new and different technology.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolltv View Post
    4 Years on this motor and I just spent my first dollar on it, bearing carrier failure, its not the fastest but it gets me there, Matt

Lol...yes. I wouldn't mind if BRP/OMC could make a decent gearcase. My internals have never been replaced but housings and bearing carriers are another story.

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 55 ... LastLast