User Tag List

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Al so a 200hp 60* E-tec powerhead will not fit on a early 60* mid ?
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Evinrude's Etec is far superior to Merc's Optimax in terms of reliability.
    How would you know anything aboot reliability? You're Canadian, your boating season starts on the last day of June when the last spring iceberg floats by, until the first day of July when the first winter iceberg starts forming... =)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is funny and about as truthful as riverman's last comment, I went for a slalom run november 27 and for a cruise on sunday.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, here in Winnipeg winter has been officially cancelled. Sorry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xsflight View Post
    That is funny and about as truthful as riverman's last comment
    We hear about Optimax compressors blowing up all the time on here. Etec has no moving parts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, here in Winnipeg winter has been officially cancelled. Sorry.
    Here to in Wisconsin, it's raining today.

335lb. Vector, 750lb. Ventura II
    Hydrostream Addict Hot Evinrude 200 crossflow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cute lil Musky.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We hear about Optimax compressors blowing up all the time on here. Etec has no moving parts.
    I had my usual pile this season of grenaded compressors, non functional DI injectors, boxes of spark plugs, reed blocks missing reeds, three power heads with no core value, etc.

On the e-tec side , replaced two injectors and an emm rebuilt due to a faulty water in fuel circuit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    I had my usual pile this season of grenaded compressors, non functional DI injectors, boxes of spark plugs, reed blocks missing reeds, three power heads with no core value, etc.

On the e-tec side , replaced two injectors and an emm rebuilt due to a faulty water in fuel circuit.
    I would like to see a number put on the failures due to un-trained techs/mechanics. I pulled down a dead Ficht I bought that had a fuel line pinched completely closed behind the starter. Owner was sold a new Yamaha. Fairly confident previous owners "mechanic" confirmed that Fichts are crap.
    Pulled down a dead, carbed looper that had new enough Wiseco's in it that all but the dead one would clean up and pass as new! Never made it though break in. Pretty sure that "mechanic" would have confirmed what crap Wiseco's are. Nothing to do w/his not knowing to add clearance for extra expansion of forged pistons

A little slower at blaming a brand these days. Not doubting your reports Saneo, just seen so much bogus work done on all of them you have to wonder how much is factual and how much is someone repeating what he was told or read.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being an outboard fanatic, I've had many brands including Martin, OMC, Merc. etc. they all have good and bad points, just gotta live with them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    I would like to see a number put on the failures due to un-trained techs/mechanics. I pulled down a dead Ficht I bought that had a fuel line pinched completely closed behind the starter. Owner was sold a new Yamaha. Fairly confident previous owners "mechanic" confirmed that Fichts are crap.
    Pulled down a dead, carbed looper that had new enough Wiseco's in it that all but the dead one would clean up and pass as new! Never made it though break in. Pretty sure that "mechanic" would have confirmed what crap Wiseco's are. Nothing to do w/his not knowing to add clearance for extra expansion of forged pistons

A little slower at blaming a brand these days. Not doubting your reports Saneo, just seen so much bogus work done on all of them you have to wonder how much is factual and how much is someone repeating what he was told or read.
    I have an 04 175 ficht with factory powerhead and mid (confirmed by dealer). Totally unmolested commercial motor with 1380 hours on it still has PERFECT compression. When I came to pick up the light weight jack barsh powerhead from you I had that 175 ficht 98 (the bad ones ) in the bed of the truck with 2280 hours on it it still to this day has PERFECT compression but his mechanic said it needed a new computer ~500 from DFI I got it home and had it running in a half hour needed nothing but a cps. Two other 175s (the bad motors that put OMC out of business) 99s are on my buddies 21 paramount have perfect compression and run like a Swiss watch... I love the yami/4 stroke salesmen they keep me in business

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran the dog poop out of my 2001 ficht 150 85.6gps on my ltv and it had close to 300 hours on it with 50% wide open running with never a cough, Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked at an OMC/BRP dealership in the early 2000's and I saw a few issues with the earlier Ficht motors. Most of the old "they catch on fire" complaints were due to crappy hardware and mounting brackets on the injectors. Once they were updated, that problem disappeared. We did however, have to replace quite a few of the older computers while still under warranty. Another bug that has since been straightened out by BRP. I am an OMC guy but I saw quite a few customers get a bad taste in their mouth. Especially when they had more troubles with their new Ficht motor in 1 year than they had in 10 years with their "old reliable" Evinrude carbbed motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original DI drag was a 99 ficht..........first powerhead was a 3.0 modified into a 3.3........it had piston issues..........then we went to the 3.3 in 02..........still using the 99 emm and components.......only issues were the pistons holding up at higher rpm............when they went to the last version nasa piston......there were no more issues...........had one cps fail...........and.........a stator mounting position issue..........that was fun to find........one of these days im gonna drag that back out and run it again

WET PICKLE RACING

The "UNracerxOFFICIAL"
    Home of the fastest Emission Outboard
    Motors on the planet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by E-tec1 View Post
    The original DI drag was a 99 ficht..........first powerhead was a 3.0 modified into a 3.3........it had piston issues..........then we went to the 3.3 in 02..........still using the 99 emm and components.......only issues were the pistons holding up at higher rpm............when they went to the last version nasa piston......there were no more issues...........had one cps fail...........and.........a stator mounting position issue..........that was fun to find........one of these days im gonna drag that back out and run it again
    You @!#$%$@'ers have all the fun! Thats really cool to hear i did not know that, I know the etec injectors will turn up but will the ficht injectors limit rpm in that case?

I have seen the HIGH (<-- yes its capitalized and bold) hour ficht pistons crack the skirts off of them. Then the skirts get pulled back into the front half of the block where the big end of the rod blasts them through the block (and or into the bottom of the above/below cyl) and yes they still have good compression

The etec pistons have obviously fixed that issue.
    Last edited by baja200merk; 12-15-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast