User Tag List

Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i remember correctly you have cable steering??? Throw that in the garbage.... Hydralic steering is much better with no torquesteer at all.. Also there is a thread bragging about a 250 etec on a 21 super runnin 86 with a 30 pro et ( 1 person, im assuming lighter on fuel because it was for testing purposes).... My 225 based motor which makes around 30 less hp the an HO etech pushes my boat to 84 every day

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mike

Were keeping our eyes open for a used Latham set up. Sure will miss that tilt wheel helm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B kNo023 View Post
    Yea I definitely think its got 95 in it if not more once i get it all dialed in with a jackplate. It ran 85 on sunday at 5500 rpm with 2 ppl and a full tank of fuel. Thats all it would turn with a 30 et, so im going to try a few other props on Wednsday and see if I can get my rpm's up and get more into the powerband. 5500 on a 300x is no where near the powerband, so it will be interesting to see how fast it will run on the transom before I make any changes.
    How much setback are u driving with?

Is it different pads (figures) beetween newer vs older hulls?

/Patrik
    Last edited by Tistronskar; 12-07-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the 80's Stepp and Regal hulls had a 6inch step while the newer hulls >1996 were designed with a 9inch step.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tistronskar View Post
    How much setback are u driving with?

Is it different pads (figures) beetween newer vs older hulls?

/Patrik
    Right now im not running any setback, engine is bolted right on the transom in the top hole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B kNo023 View Post
    Right now im not running any setback, engine is bolted right on the transom in the top hole.
    Key word is Right Now... lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I do have cable steering. As far as not being impressed have you driven a boat with the e-tec? If not at the romp I'll let you drive mine. I think you have been a bit critical on them. Maybe I can change your mind maybe not, but if getting great reliability and exceptional fuel economy for a mph or two makes it not cool so be it .... sign me up. You bleed black I bleed blue and thats o.k. As far as your old boat with the Merc I would love to see him at 100. We all want to go faster or we would have a Bayliner and not care. Ben do you have low water pickups? Just curious. If not in the spring I'll have to go up to the last hole and try it. Keep dialing guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem with the Etec.... Just a local guy speaking of how great it is because the boat went a certain spead... The speed is the part that doesnt impress me thats all... Its not relative to you and your boat at all

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VELOCITY 3.6GT View Post
    Yes I do have cable steering. As far as not being impressed have you driven a boat with the e-tec? If not at the romp I'll let you drive mine. I think you have been a bit critical on them. Maybe I can change your mind maybe not, but if getting great reliability and exceptional fuel economy for a mph or two makes it not cool so be it .... sign me up. You bleed black I bleed blue and thats o.k. As far as your old boat with the Merc I would love to see him at 100. We all want to go faster or we would have a Bayliner and not care. Ben do you have low water pickups? Just curious. If not in the spring I'll have to go up to the last hole and try it. Keep dialing guys.
    Yea, im running a sportmaster with low water pick up. Not sure if you will be able to run that high with out setting your case up with a low water pick up, if you put a jack on it you will definitely need to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main issue on running a motor too high is the water pressure? What pressure would be acceptable? Second too last hole its running 15-18 lbs on the gauge. No budget for hydraulic steering or a jackplate at this time. They kind of go hand in hand as I am not sure there is enough play in the cable steering( that was just replaced three years ago )to hang a jack plate . I do believe there is more left in my boat with jackplates and a larger prop but it pulls double duty as the family tubing and camping boat so completely dialing it in is not realistic. As far as the e-tec not running good numbers on the other thread I think 86 is pretty respectable . Dialing in anything other than a Merc is a bit challenging as Most guys are running them and the wealth of knowledge seems to be endless as is the power adders available. Merc definately has the upper hand on hopping up stock motors. That is the one negative I do find with the e-tec. Still waiting to hear the numbers guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must just be spoiled because my 225 based motor that still makes less then a stock 250 drove both of my boats to 84 ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup your motor does run.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VELOCITY 3.6GT View Post
    The main issue on running a motor too high is the water pressure? What pressure would be acceptable? Second too last hole its running 15-18 lbs on the gauge. No budget for hydraulic steering or a jackplate at this time. They kind of go hand in hand as I am not sure there is enough play in the cable steering( that was just replaced three years ago )to hang a jack plate . I do believe there is more left in my boat with jackplates and a larger prop but it pulls double duty as the family tubing and camping boat so completely dialing it in is not realistic. As far as the e-tec not running good numbers on the other thread I think 86 is pretty respectable . Dialing in anything other than a Merc is a bit challenging as Most guys are running them and the wealth of knowledge seems to be endless as is the power adders available. Merc definately has the upper hand on hopping up stock motors. That is the one negative I do find with the e-tec. Still waiting to hear the numbers guys.
    As long as you have 12 or 13 lbs you should be fine. You can always close off the top 1/2 of you water pick up to go higher, that should be fine on the transom at top hole. As far as Ben having a water problem on Saturday, had nothing to do with height. The last time I used that gear case I had to tow someone in who was cloged with sea weed and I got cloged too and wasted the pump and paddled in myself. I checked the pump and it looked fine but I guess it wasn't cause a new kit fixed his water problem Saturday. He went out for a last run today and got 86 with a 27 labed Hydromotive OB4 at 6200. He said it had more but it was windy and he wants to get more use to the boat. Were takeing it up to Long Lake to store it for the winter so thats the last of the #s unless we take it for a ride up there. Big thanks to ChrisM weere gonna store it next to his twin engine Shadow. I'll post a picture of the 2 boats together Sunday night when I get back. Have a good weekend you guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really good, you're at about 4-5% slip and running without a jackplate. It has some real potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesGang View Post
    As long as you have 12 or 13 lbs you should be fine. You can always close off the top 1/2 of you water pick up to go higher, that should be fine on the transom at top hole. As far as Ben having a water problem on Saturday, had nothing to do with height. The last time I used that gear case I had to tow someone in who was cloged with sea weed and I got cloged too and wasted the pump and paddled in myself. I checked the pump and it looked fine but I guess it wasn't cause a new kit fixed his water problem Saturday. He went out for a last run today and got 86 with a 27 labed Hydromotive OB4 at 6200. He said it had more but it was windy and he wants to get more use to the boat. Were takeing it up to Long Lake to store it for the winter so thats the last of the #s unless we take it for a ride up there. Big thanks to ChrisM weere gonna store it next to his twin engine Shadow. I'll post a picture of the 2 boats together Sunday night when I get back. Have a good weekend you guys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bens boatt will really fly once he finds the sweet spot in the setup. I run 8psi water pressure on the fast passes, thats right on the edge of blowout, and also the limit for low water pressure

Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast