Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everybody i know runs klotz and i have run klotz in my 225 pro xs since it was new 1700 hrs ago.klotz is all i will run i have seen first hand inside motors that have had nothing but klotz and it was amazing how clean and lubed everything was hell i run klotz in my jet ski and weed eater.
    2010 mirage v-racer for sale or trade.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry im not done yet but go to an odba race and just about everybody there runs klotz and if they trust it in their 11,000 rpm motors than your fishin motor will be fine.and the evinrude xd100 is a synthetic blend not full synthetic.and gamblerhydra have your buddy pm me what he found about klotz and ask him if it sucks so bad why is it the number 1 outboard racing lub.on the market?
    2010 mirage v-racer for sale or trade.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 200XS and I run Amsoil in it, but I always put a splash of the regular Merc oil in the gas just to keep the injectors clean.
    2002 Allison SS2000
    2001 Merc 200XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merc's Prem oil is the basic TCW3 two stroke oil (pre mix)
    Prem + is a semi synthetic TCW3 rated oil
    Optimax/DFI is a synthetic oil specifically for DFI outboards that require extra low ash/carbon from burn, also generally a bit thinner as the oil doesnt rely on mixing with the fuel to disperse in crankcase.
    from an all out lubrication point of view the "Prem +" is the best oil, DFI oil was only introduced to help solve "issues" with DFI outboards

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My engine was originally run on Opti oil and blew a compressor at less than 100 hours. Switched to Merc premium plus and that compressor lasted 150 hours. Switched to Pennzoil Premium Plus and have over 200 hours on the lateset compressor, my plugs look MUCH better and my prop hub doesnt look like its been in my bbq grill for three years. There is a huge reduction in carbon since getting away form Merc oils. I now run Pennzoil Premuim Plus or XLF and buy in bulk when its on sale.
    Merc and Yamalube or both loaded with Molybendum. They also seem to be the two worst offenders for carbon depoits. The rest of the oils additives are pretty much the same so I would "assume" it is the molybendum that causes the carbon.
    Oil analysis: http://home.comcast.net/~team_doughe...s/results.html
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using Merc DFI oil for 5 yrs in my 2003 250XS with no ill effect. I did notice what the manual said but the dealer never actually made a case for one or the other so I left well enough alone. I have only used up one set of plugs in that time but there is a lot of carbon on the prop.My biggest pain in the ass is needing 91 or better octane I use 93.The gaurdian knows the difference.
    Progression 24LD Optimax 250XS
    USA Hockey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowwaves View Post
    I have been using Merc DFI oil for 5 yrs in my 2003 250XS with no ill effect. I did notice what the manual said but the dealer never actually made a case for one or the other so I left well enough alone. I have only used up one set of plugs in that time but there is a lot of carbon on the prop.My biggest pain in the ass is needing 91 or better octane I use 93.The gaurdian knows the difference.
    I found that when i switched to pennzoil, my prop hub actually started cleaning up on its own. I do think the penzoil premium plus burns a little cleaner than the XLF.
    Almost everyone I know with a Yamaha HPDI has completely solved their plug fouling nightmares by switching from Yamalube to Pennzoil. Theres a guy on the Florida Sportsman webiste that switched over on of his twins to Pennzoil and left the other running Yamalube for a side by side comparison then posted pics of his plugs. The difference was amazing.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowwaves View Post
    My biggest pain in the ass is needing 91 or better octane I use 93.The gaurdian knows the difference.

How's it know the difference? As I don't think there are any sensor to tell between 91 and 93
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroski View Post
    How's it know the difference? As I don't think there are any sensor to tell between 91 and 93
    When I wound up with 30 gals of 89oct in my 70 gal tank(I didnt know they gave me the wrong pump.) The guardian would not let the engine rev past 3900rpm .Pumped out the fuel put in 93 and it ran fine. I dont know what exactly it was senseing but thats how it happened. Maybe one of the tech guys could explain how guardian actually works.
    Progression 24LD Optimax 250XS
    USA Hockey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a 2.5 200XS race opti, and I run nothing but Amsoil, and I am not a dealer. Amsoil runs in my Stihl chain saw, my echo weed eater ,my echo blower, you can even smell how much cleaner they run on that stuff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been runnin my 225 etec, makita and stihl chain saws , weed wackers and any thing else i can get my hands on that run on two stroke oil and the pennzoil synthetic does not even smoke when mixed at 25: 1 good stuff. Oh by the way its also a steal at the oil store.com even with shipping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2