Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieN View Post
    Looking at the picture of this boat breaking up at speed it sure looks like the hull was at least partially a chopper gun layup. Sure not something I would expect to see in a high powered build. Obviously the original poster has not chosen to be around here in the past 3 years. Then again I would expect he got himself close to being charged for manslaughter.
    Come on Chopper gun what would make you say something like that. I have seen delams from the best of materials if not properly layed up but I sure don,t see any sign of a chopper gun from that picture.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably should have waited to finish my work for the week and study the image fully. Just now I zoomed in on the image, I do see both straight fiber as well as random fibers. So seeing straight fibers I now presume either uni or biax cloth, if biax then that might be where the random fibers are from such as 1708 or similar.

I could well be wrong here since I have not seen or read much on this boat breaking up. Did the boat go out of control and stuff or something or did the hull fail just on it's own.
    The team's wordpress page has no information of value on it.
    I can see if the construction was on the light side resulting in failure but to me these should be known to reduce the chance of it happening again.
    Structurally this hull is still an open cockpit in such the upper deck offers a stress riser by design which happens to be right where this hull folded.
    Had there been a full upper deck it would lend support allowing for lighter side structure.
    Regards,
    Charlie North
    If it ain't broke, modify it.
    80 21' Superboat with Yamaha 225 Excel power
    76 Glastron to be powered by a 6.2 L92 with surface drive
    87 Glastron CVX20 Hull

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6