Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Boat Guy View Post
    Here are pictures from the race at SLDBAAttachment 220686Attachment 220687
    Don't tell me about New Athens, I was pitted right next to the guy in the picture. I went to the finals at New Athens in Modified Eliminator and watched the boat in question run. I'm not saying he didn't run River Racer, I'm just sayin' you ain't gonna run 170 in a jet boat. You gotta be careful on Scream and Fly, somebody will for sure call bullsh*t on you.

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sleekcrafter View Post
    The PlaceCraft has been north of 186 mph 6.69 and had even ran faster mph during testing. Most of this was pre 1993 well before the advent of onboard data collection. Going fast in the placecraft was not the issue, it was losing a motor, and or shut down. Ralph Mills, and Donny Lebon, will be back in the game soon, as is Dan Kirkman, should be exiting to see these guys back in action.
    TO mirage243
    I guess the statement above must be incorrect??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice! I am in that picture. I am the old fart. Right on sleekcrafter!

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popcorn anyone?
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right on!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oct 30,1983,blown fuel jet, called going places,built by bill place,placecraft boats, 176.39 mph,6.58 et ,firebird raceway,,, yes , a jetboat can go 170..dont think the class exists anymore .not your average jetboat by any means!,at that time top alchol hydros were breaking into 200 + mph.around 5.5 sec et. best to know the facts before calling bs !!! if my scanner worked ,i would post some of the pics i took of this boat ,sorry,and as i remember from the early ninetys,there wern't many bf jets or drivers around.
    Last edited by gary slagle; 10-28-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary, You are correct about Frank and Bills Placecrafts. Both their boats ran over 170! They were genius's with jetboats! The prototype for our new boat ran 151 mph on only alcohol, no nitro! Thanks for coming to my defense. I never said our new boat would run 170! I simply said it was designed to run that speed without blowing over, hooking or barrelrolling. Even that, remains to be seen! Most all of the Placecrafts, including two or more of the Places boats crashed in that manner. The newer deeper tunnels similar to Eliminators or Stealths are far worse than the Placecrafts when it comes to hooking and blowing over. That is why they are faster with less power than Placecrafts. They simply trap more air! Speeds above 116 mph or so, is simply too fast for a deep tunnel hull boat like theirs were. Which ever sponson hits the water first when a engine quits or on shutdown is the way the boat will turn as it hooks. This has nothing to do with it being a jet drive. All tunnel boats with forward sponsons will hook if the going real fast and one sponson hits the water before the other! Our new boat has no sponsons in the front that can start a hook to occur. Also, the outer rear sponsons have air relief slots to release entrapped air if the boats aft lifts more than two inches.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ideas what this will run? The boat is called "Blown Fever"

Big thread on it over at PB

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ad.php?t=76220

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jet boat guy, good luck with your project,hope it runs straight & true! spent most of late eighties & ninetys at ihba dragboat races,& witnessed several fast runs,blowovers & crashes,lost alot of icons over the years was on pins & needles when the pro classes raced, waay more exciting than the pavement drag racers for me.dont worry bout the nonbelievers as they most likely have not seen just how quick some carmotor boats are, especially the teams that are on top of their game.s&f is mostly outboard dominated.i am from both sides having owned a deaver comp hydro that i bought at firebird in 1994 & built it to run & only returning to the outboard clan within the last 7 years. keep up the good work & keep us all posted on your results.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ralph Mills returns! Donny Lebon is rumored to be returning as well. Data logging has made the impossible... a reality, to know what the boat is doing, and make it better, all in real time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX5VA2XHm60
    79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very exciting to see Ralph Mills back! He is a legend in the sport and I wish him the very best. His new boat is probably capable of running in the 170's. The sport needs some of these guys back. Go Ralph! I sure hope Donny does well also! I just watched the U tube video. The boat looked great! John Cost

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John the last time I was at your shop you were just fitting the Capsule, to the Advantage/Rogers Dragstar. Hope to see more Jetboats in the future, 1000ft tracks are game changers. Good luck in the new boat.
    79 Southwind Tunnel Dragster 540ci BBC

UMPBA 926 Gas Jet

My Projects http://s200.photobucket.com/user/Dir...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage243 View Post
    Hate to break the bad news to you and all the S&F family, but................................................I'm screaming BULL SH*T to the top of my lungs.
    yeah, pretty much. not that a jet can or can't go 170, but all the rest of it. i've watched kirkman run 6.80s at 161-162 several times, like it's a bracket boat. i've seen him lose the engine in the lights at 160 and it just slides to a stop.

this is a sales pitch, nothing more nothing less, and the so-called "facts" are slightly skewed. i watched that blue pile run many times, even ran against it in qualifying. most all the time, it would start hopping out of the water at half track. best i ever saw out of it was 124-126 when it stopped hopping - it wasn't fast. mr. cost, good luck chasing numbers like this with an obsolete design. there are at least 6 n/a "deep tunnel" jets at b'field that you'll be hard pressed to match in 1/8 et, let alone speed, no matter what power you apply.

ralph mills and his crew are good people, and they have a nice boat there. but they are a long way from running kirkman like numbers consistently.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp298 View Post
    yeah, pretty much. not that a jet can or can't go 170, but all the rest of it. i've watched kirkman run 6.80s at 161-162 several times, like it's a bracket boat. i've seen him lose the engine in the lights at 160 and it just slides to a stop.

this is a sales pitch, nothing more nothing less, and the so-called "facts" are slightly skewed. i watched that blue pile run many times, even ran against it in qualifying. most all the time, it would start hopping out of the water at half track. best i ever saw out of it was 124-126 when it stopped hopping - it wasn't fast. mr. cost, good luck chasing numbers like this with an obsolete design. there are at least 6 n/a "deep tunnel" jets at b'field that you'll be hard pressed to match in 1/8 et, let alone speed, no matter what power you apply.

ralph mills and his crew are good people, and they have a nice boat there. but they are a long way from running kirkman like numbers consistently.
    That right there ladies and gentleman is coming from a man that KNOWS jet boats.

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donnie littles boat is a stealth,it runs a bit over 130mph in a thousand ft,on all motor and nitrous,he one smokin in the cove few years back in the 6 sec class,it is real quick for a non supercharged jet..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast