User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: new race models

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you check Mercs blog, Fred K says he wants to build them again, difficult engine to produce at a profit. Obviously easier/cheaper to use more displacement. Another batch just got built, they are sick motors, I feel very lucky to have a new one. Looking back on the price of the motor now after 172 hours of use, I know I got a good deal on mine and what other engines would cost me here, but I really think they are well priced, now excuse me so I can go repair the trim ram.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XS, if you don't mind me asking; what is the MSRP for these engines? I have not been able to find any pricing on the 200XS ROS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    18k no warranty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if anyone is interested, i think QCT racing on the boards has one for sale, or at least did. i was thinking about it about a month ago but no way to wrangle the funds right now for me. you can pm him for details and if he still has it.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, I don't have that kind of funding, that's why I just re - built my 260. I would be interested for the future though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was about having the funds I would not have one,you just find a way,for me, it was time to buck up. Life is to short. Plus as it turns out my old xri was more tired than I thought.
    Last edited by xsflight; 05-02-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 1.40 per litre for premium fuel,the future has arrived and prices will continue to rise. will try to keep a close eye on actual/accurate operating costs this year. If I have a good year, fuel and oil costs will be another 4-5 thousand dollars. The initial purchace price for the motor could easily be exceeded by operating costs in 4-5 years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=xsflight;2138625]I'm turning a 17"- high 5 on a buried sportmaster. Enough said?? IT WILL RIP YOUR ARMS RIGHT OFF THOUGH, I NEED TO BE READY WHEN I SAY GO!!!

QUOTE]

If you ran a good 4 blade instead of that high 5 your feul usage would go WAY down, and still have great holeshot.......I am 220 lbs and my 200 EFI which doesn't even have a s good bottom end as your 200 XS is more than adequate holeshot for me to deepwater slalom start. 30 mph is approc 300 rpm with my 1.87 gearcase maybe try a 19 or even a 21 4 blade like a hydromotive X-OT or powertech TR04, I would personally stay away from TXP OT4 and Bravo's with the larger diameter with 2.5 power, with 3 liter power they would be better performers...the boat would probably even track better since the higher technology 4 blades can grab the water better...to track well I only have to drop my coned CLE case to 1/2"ish below the pad...no need to bury with a good 4 blade

You would probably pick up several mpg's and likely not give much holeshot at all many marina's and prop shops will let you try before you buy....the high 5's are terrible performers everywhere but holeshot...
    Last edited by xb03fs; 05-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With 1.75 gears and 7000rpm the propshaft is turning @ 4000, I tried a pile of different props, didn't like any of the big diameter 3blades,absolutely hated the 4 blades, the 17 and 19 pitch small diameter high 5 both work well also liked the 3blade 19" enertia, all the props handle differently, the high 5 creates by far the nicest slalom wake and obviously no good for top end. the 18" enertia was slower holeshot and on top end than the 19" enertia which is slightly smaller in diameter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have not run her since early november. Got to take her across the lake to a jobsite for a late shift, beautiful evening, nice and smooth, nervous when I fired her up. Turned over, fired up, sputtered,quit. then fired,settled and ran good. Incredibly rejuvenating to be back on the water and quickly felt comfortable. Back home around 11:30 that night, awsome. Looked out the window in the morning, FLAT. YES, taking the boat to work again, lucky me. At lunch time I hopped in her, drove to saskatchewan, then back to the alberta side of the cool pool to finish up the job. Called my buddy, barbless ED, lets go fishin. Idled around trolling for northerns @550 rpm for a couple hours, caught a small laker. wind was up, getting rough, time to go. What a blast. Now she is really in her element. The motors excellent idle and low/middle rpm manners are trumped by it's high rpm performance and response. Very keen and quick throttle response/control above 6000 rpm but what is most remarkable, is it's incredible performance/ability/solidity in nasty conditions, easy to tell these are born and bread for offshore racing. An efficient/powerful/compact powerhead bolted to a ridiculously stout midsection and swivel/bracket on the top of a sportmaster drive. This thing is the REAL DEAL.
    Last edited by xsflight; 05-28-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post pics!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try to do some movie footage of the "jewel of the norths" beaches/shoreline/waters and of the flightcraft running in different conditions mabey even a slalom run of an old guy. I grabbed 100 bucks and stopped for fuel before heading out for a quick burn last night thinking she would take all of that after all the cruising I had done. $1.25/litre for premium. Could only squeeze in $46.00 Gotta love it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just over 3000 litres of fuel used now, still getting used to the performance/response/handling of this motor. It is just a total blast to drive and incredibly fun AND confidence inspiring in crappy conditions. I have been driving my boat on COLD LAKE for now for 20+ years now, but never had as much fun as i just did flying back to the boat launch. HP figures can not begin to do justice to the engines incredible performance/ability/agility.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    203 hours and 3059 litres of fuel used, averaging 15 litres/hour. motor can consume up to 83 litres/hour at WOT according to smartcraft gauges. Going to tweak the engine height up one hole and see how that works. Time to do some maintenance as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ran a good 4 blade instead of that high 5 your feul usage would go WAY down, and still have great holeshot....the high 5's are terrible performers everywhere but holeshot...[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... I went away from a high 5 on my Xb-03 as my go to ski prop to a 21 trophy,,,,, way better efficency, almost the same hole shot , and better speed with a load,,, and my gas gauge needle quit moving consistently to the left while under way.........
    Russ Benton
    Allison XB-2003 w/JSRE Pro Max
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast