User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: new race models

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SERIOUSLY some of you guys with FAST boats or drag boats should be stepping up for these engines. The SST is suitable for tunnel boats, the ROS for drag racing, offshore racing,v hulls ,cats, it would be perfect for all kinds of applications. I use mine on a ski boat. This short shaft is LOW, LEAN, MEAN AND GREEN
    Last edited by xsflight; 02-18-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of performance does the 200xs give if you compare this with your efi? I assume the efi was a 200 2.5 ?

Thanks
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $17800 with no warranty is not going to fly off the shelves.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    called merc about the motor- had to order one in Nov. for April delivery-cannot buy a powerhead. no warranty- most dealers will not touch it-almost all are going to Europe- I like the sounds of the motor but not excisable in the form I need it-not enough real world info about the motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is little doubt we would use the 200XS on our performance fishing boats, if Merc Racing will tack on some warranty like the other XS models.

Come on Mercury Racing...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BIGBOY, you assume correctly, my old EFI was a 20"- 92- 2.5- 200xri. Performance is better at all rpms, most notably from idle-2800 then again from about 4000-wot,much smoother throughout but especially low and high rpm. Seems to make slightly more torque from about 1800-5600 then carries it much higher. Crisp and effortless power in the higher rpms. Yes you have to order and Pay for them and NO you don't pay for warranty. Forget about merc tacking on warranty to a racing motor. NOTHING HERE they have not done 1000 times before, which is why I bit the bullet. My real world info tells me to tell you, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR and SOME THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR- thank god I waited. The holeshot is so quick I don't even get my hair wet. In terms of speed or real top end performance, lets just say the old motor didn't have much.
    Last edited by xsflight; 02-17-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XSFlight is the 200XS going away in 2013? I read somewhere that production would stop in that year....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if you gained topend from switching over to the 200xs? If so how much?

I still wonder what engine can get me the most speed: the promax 225 or the 200xs.

Thanks
    http://www.geocities.com/fletcher_arrowbeau

Fletcher 17F6
    Hydrostream HST 20F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OPTIMAX is the FUTURE of racing according to mother mercury. The 200xs just came back, albeit as a race model this time but I seriously doubt the SHORT STROKE 2.5 DI is headed for extinction. We may see the 2.5 take over in the 200hp consumer market slot, I for one had been waiting years to see a 2.5- 200 opti. The 3 star 2.5- 175 pro xs tells me it is very likely. I will tell you ALL that a REAL high performance, highly efficient, tough as nails, short stroke, race offshore short shaft is a very beautiful thing indeed. If you back off even a touch from WOT she is RESTING. With running quality/refinement your grandma and grandpa would love it is laughable calling them race motors, yet the instant you fire it up you can tell it is a HI-PERFORMANCE engine. GENTLEMEN, NO EXCUSES. I cant even imagine how many boats could be "improved" by these motors. No wonder our forward thinking european friends like these motors, WHAT IS NOT TO LIKE? - its TOO GOOD on fuel? Reach down,between your legs, yes those are your balls. HEY OLD GUY, you enjoying this?
    Last edited by xsflight; 02-17-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    $17800 with no warranty is not going to fly off the shelves.
    Agree 100% might as well just get a used Xb21 with a 3 liter with warrranty otherwise I OR repower with a 175Pro XS
    Last edited by xb03fs; 02-15-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xsflight View Post
    OPTIMAX is the FUTURE of racing according to mother mercury. The 200xs just came back, albeit as a race model this time but I seriously doubt the SHORT STROKE 2.5 DI is headed for extinction. We may see the 2.5 take over in the 200hp consumer market slot, I for one had been waiting years to see a 2.5- 200 opti. The 3 star 2.5- 175 pro xs tells me it is very likely. I will tell you all that a REALLY high performance, highly efficient, tough as nails, short stroke, race offshore short shaft is a very beautiful thing indeed. If you back off even a touch from WOT she is RESTING. With running quality/refinement your grandma would love it is laughable calling them race motors, yet the instant you fire it up you can tell it is a HI-PERFORMANCE engine. GENTLEMEN, NO EXCUSES. I cant even imagine how many boats could be "improved" by these motors. No wonder our forward thinking european friends like these motors, WHAT IS NOT TO LIKE? - its TOO GOOD on fuel? Reach down,between your legs, yes those are your balls. HEY OLD GUY, you enjoying this?
    I think that I will choose to remain a dumb country bumpkin loving the 2.5 EFI..... my 250XS sounds like a washing machine compared to the mean-sounding 2.5 EFI.... plus algae love 2-stroke oil, minnows love algae, perch love minnows and bass love perch..... and I love rippin' lips and the smell of 2-stroke oil in the morning!

However, I could consider a 200XS for an XB2002 project if the 200XS sounded as mean as the 2.5 EFI, but based on the sound of my 250XS, I don't think that is going to happen......

One last thing.... does the 200XS sound as good as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvGEjkdz8cQ

And do you see a lot of 2-stroke smoke in this video that the tree-huggers are telling you is ruining the planet (while they allow all kinds of products to be imported to the USA on ships that burn 100+ gallons of diesel per mile)?????
    Last edited by Alli-drenaline Rush; 02-15-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have spoken with Rick M from Merc racing about this motor just say $18,000 for the motor that' not bad for todays market when merc did a short run of 2.5 280 offshores a year ago they were 24,900 so 18g is not that bad e-tech's are 21,000 there is a reason there is no warranty because they know just about everyone is going to take the rev lemiters off and run the piss out of them i might be buying one of these motors for lake racer class if i can get a weight break

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Giesler View Post
    e-tech's are 21,000 :
    Brand new 250 H.O. is $16,950, 200 H.O. is few grand less.....
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Lots of past boats - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mercury is NOT charging too much for these motors, the oil for them isn't cheap, depending on the DEAL you get. No warranty protects their bottom line, which assures them being built AND keeps them priced well. Nothing to prove. PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING and it is incomparably delicious. How it looks and sounds are just icing on the cake. Sweetest outboard music anyone in these parts has heard, never mind the short strokes lower average piston speed, 4000 rpm at the prop shaft, lower centre of gravity and less weight.
    Last edited by xsflight; 02-16-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Type in "Mercury Racing 200 xs" and check out this video from a point 30sec into the clip to the end...... sounds cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoCvlFITU_c

This one sounds sweet on takeoff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlu00hQVQ3I

Doesn't sound like a horn motor though... XSFlight - does it have the 250XS style plenum, or does it have the air induction like the 2.5 EFIs? Also, can the average Joe buy one? The Mercury Racing website doesn't indicate that they can't; but the 2009 press release states that the motor will be sold to known qualified race teams only.....

http://www.mercuryracing.com/outboar...ax200xsros.php

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast