User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: new race models

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks gen2flight

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am finally able to get the recommended oil here in canada, ordered a bunch now showing no stock again. I wonder who makes this oil for merc? I have tried all the merc props that could work, still not happy with my set up overall, any advice on props from other manufacturers would be appreciated. Keeping in mind I have a ski boat, with a drive that wants to be surfaced so need a prop that works well at elevated levels as well. need stern lift and a prop the motor can still get on top of and ski with. Something in the 17 18 19 pitch range with a smaller diameter 14" -14.25 . I have a hyd jack so hoping I can drop the prop enough to stay hooked up on holeshot and pick up enough to surface the drive keeping neutral trim. any info/names of prop manufacturers that could help? 475 hours on her now. time for a REAL propeller!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how much does the sst wiegh? cost? as i understand it revs to 8k? thx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hydromotive is pretty good in my book. If its a ski boat that runs less than 83 I would consider trading your sporty for torque master.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks on the prop recommendation as it confirms my research so far. Quad iv o/t comes in as one designed for 2.5 power and sportmaster drive heights, it is on my list. Once I have a better handling/holding ski prop I will be happy. Can't imagine a better handling drive in rough water, the sporty stays.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gen2flight View Post
    Thanks on the prop recommendation as it confirms my research so far. Quad iv o/t comes in as one designed for 2.5 power and sportmaster drive heights, it is on my list. Once I have a better handling/holding ski prop I will be happy. Can't imagine a better handling drive in rough water, the sporty stays.
    I have 3 hydromotives. My ski prop is a 24P Quad iv X-OT (round ear, likes to run a little lower) and I have ran 78 at way past the stock limitier 7400 rpms through 1.87 gears. My fishing and play prop is a 26 OT and 27 OT (more cleaver style), light I have ran 90.3 downstream at 6800 rpms.

The X-OT seem to act more true to the stamped pitch, a handle well and is a good ski prop, I can deepwater slalom start and I weight over 200 lbs. The OT's are the sweetest running props I have ever driven, they love motor height, it seems the higher I run them the better and faster they run. The OT's are definatly stiffer than they are stamped in my opinon and they run impossible slip numbers.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting on a 17" revolution 4, I am thinking it will hook up good with a higher engine set up and allow me to surface the sporty at speed. Liked the 19" tempest for lift and acceleration, seemed flatter in holeshot than the 19" enertia I have which slips when you pick it up and messes up the slalom wake as well. Had tried a rev 4- 21 before I installed the jack, am crossing my fingers it will be flatter, faster and handle better than the high 5 although at 14 5/8" diameter the slalom wake will suffer some. The wake at 36mph is not near as good with the 14x19 enertia as it is with the 13.5x17 high 5, hoping the 4 blade 14 5/8 revolution will be a better compromise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am considering ordering or buying an Optimax 200XS ROS. Can any of you who own one of these motors fill me in on the reliability of these motors? Any Cons? Fuel mileage?

PM me or respond to this thread.

Thanks in advance....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good reliability so far. Just basic maintenance, gear oil, fuel and air filters, vst cleaned out/gaskets, just bought a set of spark plugs but still running original plugs which upon inspection appear fine. Third season with the new motor 490 hours 6260 liters of fuel used. Averaging 12.8 liters/hr which IMHO is about half of my old 200. Although these fuel consumption figures may seem like a farce to some, I have verified the accuracy of the smartcraft system against fill volumes on various occasions and it has proven incredibly reliable. Obviously, my idling and trolling hours have seriouly skewed the consumption figures but also proves these motors excellent low speed manners/consumption. they will pull 84 liters/hour out of your tank if you pin them. A steady diet of premium ethanol free fuel with quickcleen and according to my calculations and expenditures, more oil than they need. Knock on wood.
    Last edited by gen2flight; 08-25-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious about the speedo with the DI Mercs. Does the Merc instrument package come with a GPS speedo? My Etec did, and it's great, except that it takes a couple of minutes to find the signal from the sky. So we just let it idle between skiiers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can program the speedo to accept various inputs, paddle wheel, pitot,or gps. I added a livorsi gps skiing speedo but can input either paddle wheel or gps for the smartcraft speedo. Did not like the rev 4 , too much blade area/diameter for a small boat. Tried a 13 3/4"x21 pitch small hub trophy plus, holeshot is good at higher engine height much less slip than the high 5, way better top speed, better bow lift with trim and very stable handling thoughout. managed 104 kph today in rough seas @ 6200 with a full load of fuel so going to pitch down to a 13 3/4"x 17. Finally found the right style propeller for sure. This small diameter x 21" trophy plus would kill the large diameter/blade area x 17" revolution 4 in holesot,speed, handling, and holds better than glue in tight carving turns.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offshore 3C-2012 world champion powered by gen 2 200 xs ROS. More info on the merc racing blog.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've had a 200sx 2.5L since new in 2004. it still runs verg good and can still yeild 7.2 miles per gallon hi test.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up at 5o5 hours, have used 6496 liters of fuel and lots of oil. plugs lookin good but will change them,clean up the vst,new air and fuel filters. Thinking about pulling/cleaning injectors and should probably just replace the compressor as well. looks like a wrap for this year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Mercury going to offer the lightweight 2.5 200XS Gen 2 as a special order again this year to America? Just wondering.............

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast