User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: new race models

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rayzor, what kind of bracket and offset are you going to use? The 15" mid and offshore leg really look good with the alien hood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mercuryracing.com/outboar...ax200xsros.php

Here is a link to the motors. They look exactly like the 2.5/280/ROS produced through '05, except the lower fairing looks slightly different (I compared these pics to pics of my '05 2.5/280/ROS). The only difference is going to be the powerhead under the alien cowl and the gear ratio, all else is the same, I believe. I'll definetly be able to tell you in April once I receive them..........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get a great motor and a less cowl for less wind resistance, what's not to like!

OptiMax 200XS ROS
    Next Gen Race Offshore Outboards
    Mercury Racing is pleased to announce the release of the next generation of Mercury OptiMax 200XS ROS (Race Offshore) outboard. The new race model features a Gen 2 – 2.5 Liter OptiMax powerhead which combines components from the Mercury Racing OptiMax 2.5XS outboard and the current Mercury Racing engineered OptiMax 175 Pro XS outboard.

The OptiMax 200XS ROS (Race Offshore) is the official power of U.I.M. Class 3C offshore racing, a highly competitive single engine mono hull offshore racing class which competes throughout Europe.

The engines will be produced only in the short shaft "SS" 15-inch drive shaft configuration with the 1.75:1 Sport Master gearcase. Both right-hand and left-hand rotation models will be available. Models are intended for single or twin engine installations. Right-hand rotation models feature a Sport Master gearcase with a cambered skeg – a natural for single-engine applications such as outboard drag racing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Giesler View Post
    wow how about this i will be at merc racing in 2 weeks maybe they can put one on there dyno so everyone will quite gripping about 225hp or 200 or 240 how does that sound let's be greatful that there still is a lite weight motor to put on or ally's i know what they make because there has been one on a dyno not to long ago it was a champ 200xs power dyno not propshaft it's still a great motor i will also ask why no warranty also

Any news on the dyno results?
    IF IN DOUBT TRIM IT OUT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deadlines are approaching, time to buck up boys, great motors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, just went for a blast after a little ice maintenance at the provincial park boat launch. Just above 1 C sea temp and 3 C air as I fired her up. SNAPPED to attention then smoothed quickly as usual. Installed an ATLAS 4" hydraulic jack in place of the setback plate, fabricated a hinged trim tab underneath the jack, a new holeshot plate under the offshore clamp and a hydrofoil attached to the mid above the cavitation plate. Significant improvement to stern lift during holeshot and an even flatter low speed attitude were evident. Motor running smooth steady and strong. 381 hours nearly 5000 litres of fuel used now.
    Last edited by gen2flight; 12-18-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRHOBACK View Post
    Hey Rayzor, what kind of bracket and offset are you going to use? The 15" mid and offshore leg really look good with the alien hood.
    http://www.bobsmachine.com/Products/...ate_manual.cfm

I'm going to mount the motors on Bob's MJ5H brackets. Super light, small setback and have ability to add 6 degrees more negative trim (which I'll use for the better planing aspect on such a short twin engine boat).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that is a nice option for setback brackets as I believe the short offshore clamp has 2-3 degrees less negative trim and you will probably have some positive trim you won't need at speed anyway. The short horizontally oriented trim ram is the ticket for rigidity and super easy to service/remove as well, don't ask me why I had to!! Rayzor, their is no digital trim sender on these motors,so my smartcraft trim gauge has been useless so far. I am uncertain if a sender is available or if mechanical trim indicators will be the ONLY option for you/us. The only drawback for me has been the inability to tilt out the motor when unloading/loading at beaches through the back of the boat but the hydraulic jack has fixed that issue. I still have fuel level and trim indicator to solve.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even sure if it is out yet, but I will have a mechanical to digital signal conversion unit that will tie into my Smartcraft system for trim........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like an answer, not sure where the signal would tie into the smartcraft harness,but everything else has.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went for another blast on the 23rd to test another prototype holeshot plate and hydrofoil after some significant effort sanding the launch ramp/road which was icy from early morning rain and sunshine. A little sub arctic boating, was really fun, actually tossed in the pike lures quick at second point just to say we did, caught 4 - 10lb/20+ year old lake trout in less than 20 minutes,released them all. Managed to get the boat out AFTER retrieving and spreading another 10 gallons of sand on the launch ramp and road which was glare ice after others had loaded boats and pulled out ahead of me. I think I"m gonna trim the corners off the holeshot plate, remove the foil, and go for one more blast. First load enough sand so I can get in and out afterwards. Pretty flat out their today,putting the drysuit and ski in the boat as well, maybe one more pull left in me this year we will see?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, that is hardcore!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more hardcore, - some pics from the last two test runs, sorry the order of the pictures does not depict the events in the order they occurred. I had my techno expert son download the pictures from a list, making sure he understood of course proper order was important. I was wrong i guess?

Last edited by gen2flight; 01-22-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two words - holy chiznit!

Is that the trailer taking a "slide" into the gulley for a bit before you got it aligned back onto the icepad, I mean skidpad, I mean towpath ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess its time to quit for the season, the cool pool is finally getting stiff,not frozen over yet though.Went for one last rip on monday.
    Last edited by gen2flight; 01-11-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast