Had a few scary moments in my efforts to extend my boating season into 2012. December 23, after a cautious approach to the launch, I needed to stop to remove a deadfall tree on the road. I remember thinking, this is strange, no wind, almost like someone put it here, proceeded to drag it off the road and noticed a another boaters empty trailer parked and thought, whats up with the tree across the road dude? Got back in the truck and proceeded, only to very quickly realize why the tree had been dragged across the road. Managed to put the rig in the ditch and got stopped as did a fellow boater behind me with his unit, OMG. Just enough sunshine down there to shine it up, couldn't even stand up on the road. The outing on the 28th presented some other challenges. Although the launch area was clear of ice when I launched there was sufficient wind to push in some ice in obstructing the loading procedure somewhat. Enough wind chill to freeze off the compressor outlet telltale as well after having shut down for a "cool one". Januarys testing went well though!! Official freeze over was Jan 15/12. Overall a GREAT year!