Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool been out on monroe a few times ya its rite above the pump next to the regulator has a single 3/8 or 7/16 bolt thru the center of the cap and has a 3in fuel line on it i just take the bolt out without removin the fuel line inside the cap is a round plastic/meshed screen that you can wash out and put back in careful of the oring on the cap or get a new 1 but i have always reused the oring unless its damaged and leakin if you r runnin pre mixed gas then u can just remove the other black boxes 1 is the det box 1 is idle stablizer and 1 is oil warning i took all 3 off and set timin at 25*max and idle at +4 real crisp throttle response and no lag out the hole the other thing i would ck is pull all the coils off and make sure none are cracked look inside the rubber boot they don't play nice with ecu if cracked trust me been there put new ones on and clean all your grounds
    Last edited by marquis4606; 08-11-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would love to know what happens with this motor... mine is doing exactly the same thing (220 laser xri). The latest thing i've found from trying to diagnose it was that #4 seems to be double firing... have you checked how yours are firing using a timing light? I'm thinking along the lines of a bad stator or switchbox with mine (my stator tested close to the "specs" but not perfect). They're expensive parts to "try" tho.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go down to the auto parts store and get a fuel pressure gauge and watch it when your problem happens eh?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3