Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Johnson 300HP GT w/ Bobs racing lower unit Exhaust box, flywheel 20" FAST MOTOR $2k.

For sale I have a Johnson 4.0 Liter V8 300Hp outboard with a Bobs Performance Low water pickup lower unit, Direct exhaust mid section, also under the flywheel has a billet flywheel mount with a pulley (have no idea what this is but looks real good.

Motor is in good running conditions 20" shaft. I am not into racing at all and dont know much about what the exhaust box does or that flywheel bracket.

Asking $2k. for the whole motor with everything on it.

I have half a gallon of Awlgrip Awlcraft paint and will be painting it soon and install newer nicer graphics on it if it doesnt sell quick and the price will go up once I spray it.

Cowling is lightweight with the bogie cords in all 4 corners. Very impressive motors at a very nice price too.

Will post pictures later on today. I belive the motor has racing internal parts as well, I will check everything out today and post pictures.

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED!!! WOnt last. Its a true GT 300.

Located in Miami FL 33186

I might be interested in taking a look at this. How old is it? Any idea on the hours?

Send me a number to reach you at.. maybe we'll set something up towards the end of next week where i can come look at it.
    1998 Paramount 21' w/98 225 Evinrude

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Is the motor turn-key? I'll be looking for the pics.

You have a p.m.

will be looking for pics... sounds like a good deal

Blazer VLX150 w/ 225 Johnyrude
    Hydrostream Viper (sold)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0OA6oxZoTg
    Westwind mx15

GT 300 should be a 85-87 3.6l. Twin power packs? Pulley under the flywheel was a power steering pulley.
    Keith Lockliear

7. Pictures

Battery I tested compression with was not 100%, but I got 110 LB even . Now thats nice and even for having 8 cylinders

Here are some pictures of the engine, Uncleaned, untouched and unpainted. Once I spray it with awlgrip and new graphics the price WILL go up. And I need it gone over the weekend.

As of right now Jeff has #1 on the wanted list until I get a reply from him that says otherwise.

MOTOR IS LOCATED on MIAMI FL 33186

You can call me direct at 786-286-2955

how much do these motors weigh

Quote Originally Posted by brockshydro View Post
    how much do these motors weigh
    I think I have heard they weigh 500-640lbs, not sure of exact weight.

Cover indicates it is a 1989 model. Weight 565lbs, about the same as a 300hp Opti.
    Has a second Effort sticker as well. May have had Second Effort Mods. The cover has straps, not OMC fasteners. Would be a pity to destroy the graphics.
    For that price & original as well I would grab it with both hands & completely restore it
    ken

For full brochure, click on the pictures
    Last edited by LIQUID NIRVANA; 01-31-2010 at 05:15 AM.

Would be a pity to destroy the graphics.
    For that price & original as well I would grab it with both hands & completely restore it

Good deal.
    LASER LTV, Mercury Promax

12. Payment pending by Jon. Outboard is almost sold but not yet. Waiting paypal.

What exactly is "Second Effort" ? and where did you see that sticker? and is this a 4.0L or a 3.6L? Does the 3.6L have any advantage over the 4.0 ?

Just trying to gather as much info as possible.

Thanks........
    Last edited by clctrader; 01-31-2010 at 08:46 AM.

A SECOND EFFORT ACHIEVEMENT - WORLDS FASTEST OUTBOARD in 1989 & STILL IS IN 2010- 176.556mph

Part 1. http://rides.webshots.com/video/3085...vV?vhost=rides

Part 2. http://rides.webshots.com/video/3044...Rb?vhost=rides

http://issuu.com/liquidnirvana/docs/...t_high_perform (Flip Book)

1989 - SECOND EFFORT HIGH PERFORMANCE BROCHURE:- Click on the picture & Scroll thru

Last edited by LIQUID NIRVANA; 01-31-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clctrader View Post
    Payment pending by Jon. Outboard is almost sold but not yet. Waiting paypal.

What exactly is "Second Effort" ? and where did you see that sticker?
    I think he's mistaking the Bob's sticker on the gearcase

Yes, I did mistake the Bobs stickers for Second Effort Stickers. Sorry. It was late when I posted.
    Ken

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast