Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool 225/250 Etec VS Etec HO

Thinking about buying a new 225 OR 250 Etec OR the HO model of either. I've heard good things but know nothing about the differences between the HO & standard (other than the gear ratio & they weigh the same) model. From the BRP website it looks like they all weigh around 500lbs. Also other than 25hp is there anything different from the 225 to 250hp model ?? Thanks, Scott OH yea........... what about prices ??
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The basic difference is the ho has about 10% more power. The HO's use more oil, they can't be set at the xd100 low oil consumption mode but the xd 100 oil is still recommended. Both are great motors.
    Chet Olson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    HO comes with lightning case
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    225 HO is 3.3 litres and 236 kg - gear ratio 14:26
    250 HO is 3.4 litres and 231 kg - gear ratio 14:24
    250 has longer stroke and the new block is 5kg lighter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both the 225HO & 250HO have the 1:71 case.

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Standard 225 and 250 are the same with different programing in the emm the 225 HO basically has the standard 250 programing and a lightning gearcase. The 250 HO is a different engine as mentioned earlier

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Evinrude® E-TEC® 250 H.O. engine features innovative designs that offer real consumer benefits.

The information below details some of the competitive advantages this new product has to offer.

• 3.4 Liters of Displacement: The 250 H.O. features 210 cu. in. (3441 cc) of displacement, providing 3% more displacement than the Yamaha 250 HPDI, 13% more than Mercury OptiMax 250XS, and a dramatic 32% more displacement than the Mercury 250 hp Verado. That means
    more torque, more low-end power and more top speed. This additional power allows our customers to plane heavy loads, pull skiers, wake boarders or tubers better than ever before. Quicker hole-shots and incredible top speed are key performance benefits for the consumer.

• More Low End Torque: Thanks to an increased stroke, the new Evinrude E-TEC 250 H.O. outboard develops more low and midrange torque. Up to 30% more torque than a Yamaha 250 hp 4-stroke. This is significantly important when planing a tournament load, operating at higher
    altitudes or in hot weather. This additional torque over the competition often makes the difference between being able to plane the boat or not.

• Lightweight Design: Just like all Evinrude E-TEC outboards, the new 250 H.O. model offers some of the best power-to-weight ratios in the industry. At 507 lbs, these engines are within 2 lbs of the Mercury OptiMax 250XS, 32 lbs. lighter than a Yamaha 250 HPDI, 71 lbs. lighter than a Suzuki 4-stroke SS, and 128 lbs lighter than a Mercury 250 hp Verado. The benefits to the consumer of a lighter weight engine are improved fuel efficiency, less draft, better boat handling, superior visibility while planing, and less stress on the structural integrity of the boat transom.

• True High Output Alternator: Competitors claim high alternator output, but they publish gross amperage. At BRP, we publish net available amperage, which is what the customer can actually use after the engine system consumes what is required to run. More available amps allow the consumer to operate more electronics, more often. Evinrude engines' additional amperage means there is much less chance of consumers running down their battery or having a dead battery as a result of operating onboard electronics. Additionally, the Evinrude E-TEC alternator has no belt, eliminating the possibility for a belt break or replacement.

• Octane Requirements: All of the Evinrude E-TEC 250 H.O. models feature an 87 octane fuel requirement. Competitive models can require up to 91-92 octane fuel. The additional cost of higher octane fuel results in higher operational costs for these competitive models. Lower octane requirements means lower fuel costs for consumers.

• Multi Point Oiling System: The Evinrude E-TEC 250 H.O. features a multi-point oiling system that provides maximum lubrication at slow speeds and helps contribute to increased engine life. Oil is injected at multiple points at the crankcase and cylinder block, optimizing the oil lubrication properties while efficiently metering the precise amount of oil to each cylinder.

• New Lightning Gearcase: The all-new Lightning gearcase includes a .58 (1.71:1) gear ratio to accommodate the additional power and top speed capabilities of this high output engine. This new ratio reduces gear loading and improves durability and reliability. Additionally, the gears are made of a higher grade metal for increased strength and longevity. The propshaft bearing carrier features a new press-fit retention system to reduce movement and wear, increasing reliability. New removable water inlets improve cooling and are easy to clean.

• New High Flow Air Inlet: The design of the new high flow air inlet allows the Evinrude E-TEC
    250 H.O. engine to breath better, increasing performance, speed and fuel efficiency.

• One Piece Inner Exhaust: One single lost foam piece of aluminum replaces 24 separate pieces that previously made up the water plate, inner exhaust system and related hardware. This simpler, more efficient design provides for better reliability, less chance of leaks and less maintenance for the new 250 H.O.

• Advanced Nagel Honing Process: All 250 H.O. models feature a new cylinder honing process that improves cylinder wall geometry, making the cylinder bore more true to design specifications. The resulting hone pattern dramatically improves lubrication as well as piston to cylinder wall interface for improved lubrication, cooler piston temperatures and longer engine life.

Available Models:
    • E250DHL / E250DHX
    • Blue engines with stars and stripes graphics standard
    Key Competitive Advantage Summary
    • 3 years or 300 hours no dealer scheduled maintenance
    • 3 year non-declining warranty
    • Large displacement means better hole shots, quicker throttle response and increased top-end speed
    • High power-to-weight ratio: 32-lbs lighter (15 kg) than Yamaha HPDI; 71-lbs lighter (32 kg) than a
    Suzuki four-stroke SS; 128-lbs (58 kg) lighter than Mercury Verado
    • True high output alternator: nearly 50% more than competitors
    • Multi-point oiling system for increased engine life
    • New Lightning gearcase with improved cooling and enhanced durability
    • High flow air inlet for more power
    • One piece exhaust for even greater durability
    • High quality nagel honing
    • Competitive top speed, acceleration and fuel economy
    • Quiet operation: dramatically quieter at idle, up to 12 db(A) quieter, and quieter across the entire RPM range compared to competitive engines
    Attached Thumbnails
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a real short and simple answer, 225ho is a 250, 250 HO with 3.4liters SMOKES comparable 250s and is the same powerhead as the 300, so that should help ya, plus 10% or maybe a HAIR more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the $$$$$$ go 250 HO, if you need any inside information please call me....Brannon 920-295-2069 p.s. you do know E-TEC1 knows these motors a Lil Bit, you can always IM him also?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

250 ho

After speaking with Al Stoker "RACER" I bought a 2010, 250 HO for my Stoker. My friend has the exact same Stoker 204 SST with a 2000, 2.5 280. My HO uses half the fuel, is faster out of the hole, shifts like dream, and has a five year warranty.
    The only draw back is the HO runs 85 MPH, and the 280 runs 92 MPH. Part of the problem is all the girls want ride in my boat with the quiet motor. I still haven't run my boat light. In the 12 hours I have run the boat I have always had three people, full fuel, full cooler. Still learning how to fly this hull. I hope to see 90MPH.
    If your on the west coast call Al Stoker "Johns Custom Marine" 714-827-7920 If you are on the east coast call Dave "Markeys Marine" 305-852-3337. BRP is nuts about who rigs the boat. I drove my boat from CT to Key Largo, FL. BRP did not believe a dealer in FL could sell to a customer 1500 miles away. I have owned four Mercury 300 X motors, and one 300 Pro Max. I won't buy another Mercury.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1113091340a.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hydroo View Post
    After speaking with Al Stoker "RACER" I bought a 2010, 250 HO for my Stoker. My friend has the exact same Stoker 204 SST with a 2000, 2.5 280. My HO uses half the fuel, is faster out of the hole, shifts like dream, and has a five year warranty.
    The only draw back is the HO runs 85 MPH, and the 280 runs 92 MPH. Part of the problem is all the girls want ride in my boat with the quiet motor. I still haven't run my boat light. In the 12 hours I have run the boat I have always had three people, full fuel, full cooler. Still learning how to fly this hull. I hope to see 90MPH.
    If your on the west coast call Al Stoker "Johns Custom Marine" 714-827-7920 If you are on the east coast call Dave "Markeys Marine" 305-852-3337. BRP is nuts about who rigs the boat. I drove my boat from CT to Key Largo, FL. BRP did not believe a dealer in FL could sell to a customer 1500 miles away. I have owned four Mercury 300 X motors, and one 300 Pro Max. I won't buy another Mercury.
    Real good info, the boat I'm considering the motor for IS a Stroker 204. Thanks ! Scott
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They make a 300 hp motor now.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300 ho?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hydro, put a big wheel on it and see what it will do watch water pressure you might need a LWPU but i would bet it will run with that 280 up top
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea thoses are some killer motors!! BRP injection is KILLER!!

Skydog
    2011 DCB F26
    2017 300 XS DBR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hydroo that looks SICK......Im glad everything worked out. Brannon