Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lightest manual jackplate?

What is the lightest manual jackplate. The weight is most important and I would like to stay under 4". I currently have a CMC with 4" setback at 20 pounds. I see the Bobs Convertible can be set up with 2-1/2" setback also at 20lbs. The engine is a 130hp V4 so I was hoping to find a lighter weight one.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty much as lite as you can have it unless you want to risk loosing that motor behind you. I have the same outbourd in a 115 h.p. version and I did some research on small manual jack plates which ended up being Bob's for value and quality. Think about it, your hanging 365 lbs on it then the thrust, so not certain it's a good way to go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Considering the purpose, 20lbs is pretty light in my mind. I'm not sure I would be comfortable going with something that is a lighter weight/duty piece in an application where there are so many forces in play. I think you'll be hard pressed to get into anything as durable as what you have or a Bobs without sacrificing either your wallet for a custom piece(which may or may not ideally solve your problem), or integrity and longevity. in the grand scheme of things....a 19-20lb consumer jackplate is pretty damn light. just my .02

Jeff
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI
    Resto Thread Here
    2010 Go-Pro Stuff

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No argument from me. I was just inetersted to see if there was anything else out there. The Bobs having less setback might help. Its rated for 200hp. Just thought there might be something out there rated for 150hp that might be a little lighter.
    So far I have taken 26lbs off the boat. 13 of the motor itself and the 13 pound oil tank/pump which was at the transom. Moved the 30lb battey from the transom to the bow so the total is 56 pounds out of the back of the boat. Cant wait to get back out and see how it feels.

PS.
    Graduated ISU in 1989.
    Go Redbirds
    Last edited by Mr. Demeanor; 01-21-2010 at 01:26 AM.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fact is unless its a custom unit with the rails drilled to relieve weight 20 lbs is about as low as 1/2" aluminum is gunna get..

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...