Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mad EFI Plumbing

Will this work. As i write this the idea comes to mind that i should tie in upstream(befor) the pump rather then into the base of the rail.

My idea was to run this in Stainless tubing with stainless fittings and checkvalve. And i didnt want to run a second line back to the tank but it looks like i might have to or at least to tie back into the line befor the pump so that the fuel pressure is properly regulated

Thanks Jay

89 charger-93 merc 2.5L 245hp
    Soon to be MAD EFI!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say the red dotted line would be needed. Without it the system would run at full pump pressure and the regulator and check valve would be useless. Im no expert, thats just how it appears to me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What regulator are you using? I use rubber hose and brass fittings for my fuel system. The top mounted suction tube on the fuel tank is connected to one of the inlet ports of a spin on fuel filter with 1/2" hose. The fuel pump is mounted at the outlet of the filter and connected with 3/8" hose to the fuel rail. A 1/4" hose returns the excess fuel from the bypass port on the regulator to the unused inlet port on the filter housing. I see no need for a check valve. The madefi installation manual can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. http://www.madefi.com/Total%20Control%20ECU.htm There is a good article on fuel system plumbing on the Diamond Marine website http://www.diamondmarine.com/
    1972 Checkmate MX-15, Merc inline 1500xs
    2010 Tuff 16, 15" Merc 2.5 (150XR6, 200, Drag, S3000 powerheads)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOh-YewzPc0

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.

I have the stainless fittings and pipe at my despense so i though it might be cool to trick it out under the hood. But once i put it on paper i realized that tying in after the pump would create a closed circuit and would not allow for a releife of excess pressure.

I think ill just keep the fittings AN and run a return line back to the filter as you suggested(MDC) I was just hoping to eliminate another line back to the boat as it seems its goin to be cluddered with the addition of the lines for the efi as well as lines for dual pyro's i will be installing

thanks Jay
    89 charger-93 merc 2.5L 245hp
    Soon to be MAD EFI!