Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overheating a E-TEC? Is that Possible? Huh, sounds like a Honda dealer looking at selling Hondas. Yes the 225hos (early edition) had cylinder #2 issues, and Lower unit issues....Since 2008 I can count the issues, almost literally. I sincerely think that Evinrude has the real deal out there, Ive sold numerous used Ski Team motors, and NO ISSUES....Guys enough of the Rumor Mill, Optis break, Hondas Break, Suzukis Break and yes E-TECs break, we all know that Carbed and Efi motors NEVER BROKE, right guys!!!!! ha,ha,ha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the big difference is that most back yard mechnic can fix a carb motor and it never goes to a dealer.. but you hear of eveything going back to the dealers for repair..

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at it at the Bassmaster Classic and The first thing I noticed is it has low water pickup on it. I could bolt it to the transom of my Allison XB21 without any major lower unit mods for medium speed (70-85mph) cruisin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    Overheating a E-TEC? Is that Possible? Huh, sounds like a Honda dealer looking at selling Hondas. Yes the 225hos (early edition) had cylinder #2 issues, and Lower unit issues....Since 2008 I can count the issues, almost literally. I sincerely think that Evinrude has the real deal out there, Ive sold numerous used Ski Team motors, and NO ISSUES....Guys enough of the Rumor Mill, Optis break, Hondas Break, Suzukis Break and yes E-TECs break, we all know that Carbed and Efi motors NEVER BROKE, right guys!!!!! ha,ha,ha
    I would have to say the most dependable engs I have ever seen were carbed Yamahas.
    Unless they sat a couple of months then the carbs gummed up bad! Only one I really remember having any problems were 220 and 225s pounding the wrist pins out of them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only things that Master Techs are worried about with the New Big Boy Yammie is the Sleevless Cylinders, but who knows. Its a monster in person thats for sure. Guys is that Lower unit a Real LWP? Its way Sharp in profile, and I saw that the intakes are Lower than a Older HPDI, but in now way is it like a Bobs or Titus case, I hope its the future, but on what boats is a Big 4stroke gonna go on that a True LWP will even work on? I thought a normal boat will be slowed down by this, besides a Ally,Bullet, Stroker or Stream?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    The only things that Master Techs are worried about with the New Big Boy Yammie is the Sleevless Cylinders, but who knows. Its a monster in person thats for sure. Guys is that Lower unit a Real LWP? Its way Sharp in profile, and I saw that the intakes are Lower than a Older HPDI, but in now way is it like a Bobs or Titus case, I hope its the future, but on what boats is a Big 4stroke gonna go on that a True LWP will even work on? I thought a normal boat will be slowed down by this, besides a Ally,Bullet, Stroker or Stream?????
    The inlets are not really any lower than an hpdi just more towards the cone. Actually the short cone on the Yamahas only hurts speed a few tenths over a standard case and the cone can run in the low 90s before blow out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inlets are also much larger than the previous VMax gearcases= plenty of water pressure.
    Fellow G-Man of the Sunshine Syndicate-Dixie Wrecked Chaptor..
    We Put The F. U. in FUN
    94 17MA Maverick 115 Yamaha
    2006 Mustang GT, with a belt driven air cleaner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3