User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

am waiting to hearing your comments

Quote Originally Posted by conmax View Post
    Since CF is so brittle, the applications I have seen for boats use a CF/Kevlar rolls with the fibers alternated, giving the flexibility of Kevlar to the stiff, brittle CF. The new resin, made by Scott Bader in the UK, is urethane based and was designed to used with CF. They have built many CF based auto racing bodies with this resin and claim 40% mass reduction. They even built some large military boat and achieved similar savings while adding strength. Purported to be better than epoxy w/o the handling toxicity and print through. I will know more once my 28' cat is built using this resin, CF/Kevlar, foam and Airex penske.
    Urethane is a pretty awesome product specially in adhesives !! AS a resin sure as hell will be different !!
    Have a wonderful xmas and a better new year !!
    Last edited by tunnels; 12-25-2016 at 03:31 AM.
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!