User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefKid View Post
    i was cryin lmao... hes all pissed off!!! i was like no they gave the the clear one kev he went out there to get another one bout 2 hrs ago got a text couple mins ago " GOT A NEW ONE BITCHES!!!" lol so hes like a kid in toys r us now.... better get his helmet if he gonna be flyin it inside lmao
    lol

Blazer VLX150 w/ 225 Johnyrude
    Hydrostream Viper (sold)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0OA6oxZoTg
    Westwind mx15

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started off with one of those little micro Air-Hog helis.....I was amazed that something so small could actually fly.....and I could actually control it.

Then I invested a little more money in something bigger...a Honey Bee fixed 4-channel heli. A little bigger, a littler more maneuverable, and a LOT harder to fly. It took lots of simulator time, crashes, and parts before I even mastered hovering that darn thing! One good thing though, parts were cheap for it....because I crashed it a lot!

After about 6 months of flying that darn thing, I decided that I wanted something that I could fly outdoors that was more stable...so I found a killer deal on a used E-Flite Blade 400 6-channel collective pitch heli. It was MUCH more stable than the Honey Bee, MUCH bigger, and MUCH more expensive to fix when I crashed it. I actually got pretty good at flying it...but it was still a challenge not to crash it. If you are a technical type person that loves tinkering with things, these little helis are a blast.

I recently decided that I wanted to build one from scratch...so I bought one of those kits from Hong Kong (hobbyking.com) for $60...and put all of the electronics from my Blade 400 into it. It's a CopterX 450AE V2. This one is a blast....but it still stinks when I crash it. It's got a metal tail and head, so at least that stuff doesn't break when I crash it. And with a headspeed of around 3000rpms, if those blades touch ANYTHING...look out. You have to put 100% of your concentration on flying it...look away for a second, and it's over.

This gives me something to do when it's cold out, and I can't ride around in the boat.

Here are some pics

Honey Bee (Left)...Blade 400 (Right)

My CopterX 450 kit...lots of parts, no instructions

The CNC tail.

All finished

Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imq707s View Post
    I started off with one of those little micro Air-Hog helis.....I was amazed that something so small could actually fly.....and I could actually control it.

Then I invested a little more money in something bigger...a Honey Bee fixed 4-channel heli. A little bigger, a littler more maneuverable, and a LOT harder to fly. It took lots of simulator time, crashes, and parts before I even mastered hovering that darn thing! One good thing though, parts were cheap for it....because I crashed it a lot!

After about 6 months of flying that darn thing, I decided that I wanted something that I could fly outdoors that was more stable...so I found a killer deal on a used E-Flite Blade 400 6-channel collective pitch heli. It was MUCH more stable than the Honey Bee, MUCH bigger, and MUCH more expensive to fix when I crashed it. I actually got pretty good at flying it...but it was still a challenge not to crash it. If you are a technical type person that loves tinkering with things, these little helis are a blast.

I recently decided that I wanted to build one from scratch...so I bought one of those kits from Hong Kong (hobbyking.com) for $60...and put all of the electronics from my Blade 400 into it. It's a CopterX 450AE V2. This one is a blast....but it still stinks when I crash it. It's got a metal tail and head, so at least that stuff doesn't break when I crash it. And with a headspeed of around 3000rpms, if those blades touch ANYTHING...look out. You have to put 100% of your concentration on flying it...look away for a second, and it's over.

This gives me something to do when it's cold out, and I can't ride around in the boat.

Here are some pics

Honey Bee (Left)...Blade 400 (Right)

My CopterX 450 kit...lots of parts, no instructions

The CNC tail.

All finished

looka nice man. I had the blade 400. its was a nice heli out the box

Blazer VLX150 w/ 225 Johnyrude
    Hydrostream Viper (sold)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0OA6oxZoTg
    Westwind mx15

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    box was all sealed and everything too! ****ers!

They were nice gave me some spare new blade grips guess they were expecting me to wreck the invisible copter

they are open till 8 be right back!
    ok, it's 11 pm,did you get the chopper that you paid for ? all this helli stuff has made me get my saber out of mouthballs,, the cats are going crazy! after 5 years i still cant fly it.
    LTB OLDGUY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He got it. Goofball had to text pictures of it when he finally got it home

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Appears that it was partically assembled. The few parts on my Trex, and there were very few, that were assembled, I pulled apart and put thread locker or CA glue on the threads. I flew the 500 around a bit late this afternoon. Going to make another flight tomorrow if I can.

Here is a pic of my 500 sitting on the box it came in.

Lastest thing I have learned is to grease the bearings before you install them. Wish I had known this. I can get to most of them with a needle anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why CA glue? Doesn't it make it a PITA to get them apart?

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you want to use the CA glue on the metal screws going into the plastic parts....and the blue loc-tite on the metal screws going into the metal parts.

I heard that the loc-tite will eat up the plastic parts.....

And yes...I had to go through mine and loc-tite EVERYTHING!! After the first flight....the thing was literally falling apart!!
    Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imq707s View Post
    I think you want to use the CA glue on the metal screws going into the plastic parts....and the blue loc-tite on the metal screws going into the metal parts.

I heard that the loc-tite will eat up the plastic parts.....

And yes...I had to go through mine and loc-tite EVERYTHING!! After the first flight....the thing was literally falling apart!!
    You got it! Sleave retainer to glue the bearing on the torque tube.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    He got it. Goofball had to text pictures of it when he finally got it home
    Joe, that was after about 4 batteries and a ton of crashing!

I cannot believe the abuse this thing took! I could fly it a whole battery with out crashing as of this morning but leave it to beef to break it my girl friends happy beef just crashed it now she thinks shes gonna get some attention Gotta fix it! it wont fly worth a chit! banks hard right before it even gets off the ground here we go

any pointers are appreciated, already checked the swash plate with the tool supplied moves freely. Looks like the starboard servo is pushed down making it bank right

NEED TO GET BACK IN THE AIR THE REAL FEEL TEMP IS 7* RIGHT NOW THE ONLY REASON I WOULD GO OUT SIDE IS TO GET THIS THING FIXED
    Last edited by baja200merk; 12-29-2009 at 01:55 PM.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably in the head or a bent flybar. I have to staighten out my flybar if I crash it hard. Does it have both links going up to the flybar and blade grips?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yea the flybar is strait, grips are fine and the 4 links are there.

The back of the tail motor pushed out and so im trying to line up the brushes again, looks like im goin to need a tail motor

The swash plate looks lower on the left then the right is that normal?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tail motor issue is one of the most common problems with the MSR from what I've read. They say you need to reinforce the back of the motor can with some cured CA or similar. If you hit the tail rotor shaft hard enough, it's going to puch the motor apart, period.

Also keep an eye on the hole on the middle of the flybar-- It's not a true pivot point, it's just a shaft inside a hole, and the hole wears out oval. I will likely attempt to make an improved flybar with an internal metal grommet once I wear out a couple of them.

The mast is on a slight angle-- It's designed that way.

Mine arrives tomorrow-- Can't wait.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks guys gonna try to get this tail motor to work again its freakin tiny! I read it needs to be reinforced as well. Gonna give it a shot.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the hobby shop on my lunch break. They seem to stock all of the parts for the MSR that are prone to wearing out and breaking.

They're out of the birds themselves, but they had a demo/display model. It had lots of fractures on the landing gear (especially the front end), one cowl mount pin, and cracks in the cowl iteslf, as well as some CA on the underside of one blade grip they stripped out.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast