User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tug, thanks for the compliments. I've added some water based acrylic paint to the airlerons and tips just to break it up a little. They eventually get beat around from the belly landings anyhow. My guess with the stock motor and prop upgrade its pushing close to 60 straight and level.

Now to do the rudder modification as it will really help.

Jamie
    You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stoker, take and very carefully with very little overlap cover/wrap the bottom with packing tape and make sure there are no air bubbles. It will protect it from the belly landings and it makes the foam much stronger and doesn't look bad at all if its done right. The blue F-18 i have is completely wrapped top and bottom , it doesn't look bad at all. Just something to try if you haven't already. You would be amazed at how strong it makes the foam and it will survive some heavy blows if you mess up and land rough or something. Also if you don't like the shine the tape makes you can always put flat water base paint back over the tape. Win/Win....
    Ron Paul 2012 Because its an election, not a Cult...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now there's an idea. Packing tape... who would've thought.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, you probably have seen it mentioned before but it does work. I would wrap the leading edges on the wings and go down all across the bottom. I use the Bandit brand tape from Wally World that comes with the yellow dispenser as it seems to stretch some and wont buckle up on you when the surface isn't flat or strait and forms to transitions niceley, makes the foam super strong and is way lighter than glassing etc...If you look real close at this pic you can see the shine from the tape. Very little overlap to keep weight down, it works....I wrap all my parts before the build, this way you don't scratch and ding it up when doing mods and putting it together.
    You may have done it already, just trying to help in case you haven't as i found out with my first one that every little thing dings and scratches it up....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1634.jpg   HPIM1673.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New video from my jet:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8GpFx5UC3w4?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GpFx5UC3w4
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice flying Pyro....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I landed, I realized that I had left my spoilerons deployed for the entire flight. Otherwise, I would have seen some better speed...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop a Sapac 70mm combo in it and 5s ..$45...cheap speed and lots of it...965 watts on 4s as well.....either way it will be much faster...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Here we go ATTENTION RC PILOTS !

I'm sure you have seen the news on this. Probably more staged BS if you ask me but anyway, please copy and paste the petition at the bottom in your e-mail
    with your name and address at the bottom and send it in. It was sent to me by Tower Hobbies as they are probably well aware that our wonderful
    Government will try and capitalize on this event and screw us RC Pilots out of more Liberties because of what one dumb Idiot THOUGHT he was gonna do....
    Will we EVER get enough of this crap and do somthing about it or will we wait until we cant walk out the door anymore without a permit?
    Its OUR fault this is happening because we put up with this over reaching Government nonsense. They are eating our freedoms away 1 bite at a time people.
    Wake the hell up already....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/29...rorist-weapon/

Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,

Many people are concerned with new government regulations that are designed to limit our hobby industry. You've probably heard about the new FAA regulations limiting our use of R/C airplanes and proposed shipping bans for R/C batteries.

New regulations are being considered regarding model rocket motors. This may not immediately impact your particular hobby but it's just another step toward regulation of materials used in hobbies and deserves your attention.

The US Department of Transportation (DOT) has recently advised that they propose to terminate a special permit under which model rocket motors and igniters have been shipped for the last 33 years. If the permit is terminated model rocket motors and igniters will no longer be able to be shipped as "Flammable Solids" and will instead have to be shipped as "Explosives."

In 33 years there have been no incidents involved in the shipping and transporting of model rocket motors and igniters.

Hobbyists need your support. Attached is a sample e-mail that we request you send immediately to express your support.

We believe that shipping model rocket motors and igniters as "Explosives" would only cause unnecessary concern for hobby shops, educators, youth group leaders and families using model rockets for educational and recreational purposes.

If you believe as we do, please send an e-mail to the Department of Transportation no later than October 10, 2011.

TO: specialpermits@dot.gov
    Subject: DOT-SP 7887 Show Cause Response

Dear Associate Administrator,

The purpose of this e-mail is to request that DOT-SP 7887 be kept in force as written. The Special Permit, previously DOT-E 7887 has been in place since 1978 and is used by many of us who enjoy hobbies including model rockets, motors and igniters.

To my knowledge, there has never been an incident involving the shipping and transporting of model rocket motors and igniters. Further I believe that shipping these products as "Explosives" will create unnecessary fear and difficulty for those handling, transporting, receiving, storing, selling and using these products.

After 33 years of use, the termination of the Special Permit is unwarranted and possibly damaging to an educational and recreational product that has an excellent record. In closing, I again request the Special Permit be kept in place as written.

- Your Name and Address

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're also making a big deal out of the moron terrorist who thought he'd be able to fly C4 into the Pentagon with an EDF jet. Please...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, next we wont be able to fly our planes without Permits and it will be designated areas only...hide and watch... The link i provide in the post above Pyro is what you are talking about.... It gripes my arse that we now live in a society where MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people allow themselves to be governed on the basis of what 1 person may or may not do...Its disgusting to say the least ......Some fool swimming in the middle of a river gets run over by a boat going more than 40mph.. Speed limits for EVERYBODY....This is how things work now and its getting worse and worse by the day....
    Last edited by TUG; 09-30-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to help? Join the AMA. If we don't get organized, the gov will take us out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flying this weekend. Trying to take it all in before the weather turns to crap. A good three hours at the field is therapy for a rough week at work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddies PZ T-28. He installed retracts in it. Really cleans the lines up and looks super.

And his little F-16. This thing is on rails when its up there.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast