User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive added a Camo F-117 fighter and the new Exceed F-18 70mm with retracts to my collection. Gonna put a Sapac motor/fan combo in it 5s. Right now i'm installing the same retracts on to my 70mm Raptor with a more realistic look. My mod F-18 64mm with Dons 4000plus 4s is a missile. Its a belly lander.
    Havent got to fly it much, the wind has been blowing for months, its ridiculous.....
    Ron Paul 2012 Because its an election, not a Cult...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what I'm working on - Orrignally started life as a Yard-Bird YB22 pusher jet which got destroyed in a fast low level flyby when a gust of wind took it into the ground. No problem as I traced the parts on some 6mm Depron and have started the 2nd version. I built the first one from a kit within three evenings but since there's more labor invovled cutting parts, this one is taking about a weeks worth of afternoons.

Fun, fast and lands like a kite. On this particualr model, I'm adding the Kleine Folgelman 2 (Kf2) airfoil to the top to assist with lift. Only thing left as of today is install servo's, linkages and esc/rx.

More pics to follow.

Jamie

You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost done. Need to add the rx, esc and battery then balance. Motor is a Dualsky 2830/1700kv and will use 3s 1300's. The first Yardbird was pretty quick with this setup and a 7x5 prop.

Noticed a few minor mistakes with it such as the top center fuse is twisted along with the vertical stabs are off square a grunt. The Kfm2 airfoil on the top wingi is visible in the last picture. Perhaps I should've brought it more towards the center of the cord but for now, its staying. Can always add another strip to it later. Weather permitting, its airborne either Friday or Saturday.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you completly made it, using the original as a template??? Looks good, lets see how it flys....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla0178 View Post
    So you completly made it, using the original as a template??? Looks good, lets see how it flys....
    Yes sir. Started tracing out the parts on Depron & five afternoons later, its ready. The only thing different is the addition of the Kfm2 aifoil to the top wing to help with lift. My strong guess is that it should fly better than the orriginal flat wing version but we'll see. Hopes are high.

Since this stuff is so easy to work with, I'm making plans for a profile P47 or Extra300.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humm, what to do with this chunk of foam siding?

My neighbor is a flyer also but hasn't done so in several years. He came over with his wife for a bbq the other weekend and checked out my work area then instantly ran back to his house with the delta in hand (below pic). He said I could borrow it for reference which I am doing now. I'll give it six hours and it should be ready to fly. Might try some mods such as a center pod fuse with a tail section or who knows what.

Neighbors delta wing he's letting me borrow for reference.

Ok, I'll get back on the topic of Rc Heli's soon enough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here it is. Did the maiden flight yesterday in high winds and went out with some buddies early this morning. Don't make fun of the colors as my daughter did most of the labor. However, I told her we've got some work to do with the combinations. At least you can see it on clear day for sure.

I like the Kfm2 airfoil over the flat wing. Seems to penetrate the wind a little better and slows real good. Not sure what to do next but for now, I'm having fun. A guy made a suggestion of adding airlerons and mixing it with the tailerons. Sounds interesting so I might build another one just for the sake of it.

Was also good to get in front of the camera for once so here's me launching for a mid day sortie.

Slow speed handling is good. Stalls are very predictable with the Kfm2

Vertical performance is insane with the 2860/1700kv, 7x5 apc prop, and a 3s 1300 lipo. She's a rocket but could probably be a tad faster.

My pal John wanted to give it ago and compare the differences between two versions.

Last edited by Stoker1; 05-28-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it last week. 70mm EDF F/A-18C. Needed lots of retro-fitting, clean-up, and re-building to get it airworthy. Upgraded to AR6210 Rx. Needs bigger BEC. Flew it yesterday. Fast, but very unforgiving. Hairy flight, but landed it in one piece. Like this, but without the missles...

http://www.bananahobby.com/1911.html
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anybody chk out the "blade mcp x"................................very cool. fits in hand........full cyclic and colective pitch, very durable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click back one page. I have one. It's the best RC thing since sliced bread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Click back one page. I have one. It's the best RC thing since sliced bread.
    wish i had one when i started..............i started w/blade cp and $$$. got my daughter almost hovering and haven't spent a dime. plus, finally got one you can put in yer friends hands, and say "you try, it's easy"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I broke down and bought a heli today. I picked up a blade mcx, and its a blast. The guy talked me out of an msr, said this would be better for a noob. I dont know what the big deal is about these inverts, I did three already.....One off the ceiling, one off the TV, and one off the lamp.

Took me a whole battery to figger out that it wasnt getting off the ground because the landing gear was getting stuck in the carpet. Some slip bobber beads and silicone, I was off to the races. These things are addicting, I cant wait to get proficient enough to move up to the cool ones. One thing I really like about this one is that you can dumb down the controls to slow the speeds. It really helped figger out the controls, still trying to get down all the coordinations, seem to be fine until getting close to a wall, and then the panic moves start in!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MCX2 is a great orientation trainer for getting your thumbs in order. Once you get it masterd, get a DX6i and an MCPx and you'll have a blast outdoors in a small park setting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Pyro ! The F-18 flies like a dream . Were you able to float in and land with throttle cut ? Mine (64mm)used to float in very nice with throttle completely cut but now with the upgrades it comes in heavy and fast. The F-22 is very nice as well. It will float nice and slow and makes for some nice landings....I havent built my Exceed F-18 or my 117 yet.... Heres some pics of my 64mm build......

To include Wicked 4000+ EDO 1 Dynamic balance, Hobbywing Pentium 40 amp ESC, 2200 4S 30c, ES08A Servo ,AR7000 receiver. Carbon Fiber linkage, CF rods in Mains, Elevators, verticals. Plane is 100% Completely wrapped in packing tape including the missiles( no tape on nose or canopy), original battery box and landing gear removed. Modified receiver box for AR 7000. Fuse reinforced with foam blocks glued in to voids, glassed battery bay and electronics bay, enlarged intakes glassed inside diameter, hinged hatch magnetic , skid pad on nose, Elevators modified to push thru and attach to fiberglass on OD of thrust tube (all one cure). Painted Intake ducts, Painted Control linkages and horns, the works. 833grams RTF with battery. A little heavy but strong.

Pulls 780 watts burst with a 30c 4s 2200.....

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    I got it last week. 70mm EDF F/A-18C. Needed lots of retro-fitting, clean-up, and re-building to get it airworthy. Upgraded to AR6210 Rx. Needs bigger BEC. Flew it yesterday. Fast, but very unforgiving. Hairy flight, but landed it in one piece. Like this, but without the missles...

http://www.bananahobby.com/1911.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1598.jpg   HPIM1603.jpg   HPIM1635.jpg   HPIM1673.jpg   HPIM1670.jpg  

Last edited by TUG; 06-04-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics not working right? Some more....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1620.jpg   HPIM1674.jpg   HPIM1669.jpg   HPIM1673.jpg   HPIM1634.jpg  

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast