User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flight video:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4UFyeryguEg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4UFyeryguEg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Pyro, Them micro heli's are a blast arent they... Cheap and fun.. just the cost of a regular crash fix on the nitro heli's are usally more than the cost of a complete micro in the box...

Blazer VLX150 w/ 225 Johnyrude
    Hydrostream Viper (sold)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0OA6oxZoTg
    Westwind mx15

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aint that the truth. I flew the Lama around for a few weeks thinking I was ready for a 400. Ordered one, got it set up, (or so I thought), put the training legs on, spooled it up and got it light on the skids and BAM~! That honker went it peices. Come to find out, I had the dual rates on high & should've started with something other than a 3D machine. Needless to say it left a bad feeling towards them.

I fly planes at a club up the road and can handle most anything. Heli's do intimidate me though. Even subscribe to an RC Heli mag but don't pay much attention to the reading.

What would be a good 1st collective pitch setup? Or would it be better to stick with fixed pitch?
    You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be truthful a 30 size nitro heli is much easer to fly than a collective pitch micro or 400 size heli... i lernd to fly helis with an old concept 30 about 12 years ago. but a raptor 30 would be perfit. that way when your ready for mor, you can turn it into a raptor 50 and have some fun. but if electric small heli's are what your wanting to stick with, get a eflight blade cp pro. there cheap and cheap to fix. if you can fly that thing, you can fly any thing

Westwind mx15

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate the Blade CP. I have had two of them and neither one was worth a crap! So I don't think it was me.

I started off with a Trex 500, but had a LOT of sim time before I flew it. Get a sim like RealFlight, etc. Start off by practicing tail in hover, then forward flight. Keep in mind a CP is unstable and will require hands on correction just to hover. You get it in a stable hover, let go of the sticks, and it WILL crash. In a banked turn you have to balance pitch and elevator to keep a constant flight path, plus adding opposite aileron because it will "roll in" to the turns. I am working on nose in and inverted flight on the sim now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what he said, Chad. I just don’t call 20 mins quick. Larger Lipos will take longer than that. My mSR, a micro as well, has 3.7V 120mAh. I have had a submicro with IR instead of FM, etc. I didn’t like it because it wouldn’t hold a signal. The 2.4GHz is light years ahead of IR.

I urge you to look at Eflite. The MCX is a nice bird that uses a swashplate, 2.4GHz Spektrum radio and at 129.99 RTF is hard to beat. Plus you are buying it from a LHS (local hobby shop) so at least the profits filter through the community instead of going straight to China. Plus they sell any part for it: blades, grips, shafts, gears, motors, accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Forkin, Greg was just referring to the fact that the little 3/4 ounce birds with li-po packs will charge fully in about 20 minutes. The tiny packs in these are 3.7v, 68mAh, but I've seen the new metal frame mini's with 140-ish mAh packs. They just plug into the controller to charge, it's very simple. They also use IR instaead of radio, kinds like a TV remote. They rely on a bounce off the indoor ceiling to function properly. You have to be careful where you wave the controller or you'll lose signal The circuit on the heli will "fill in the gap" if this happens, freezing the throttle and control until it picks the signal back up again. It essentially gives you a warning: When it twitches, it can't see the remote. The controls will freeze for up to 4 seconds before it shuts down. This is a minor problem when you lose control under full throttle.

I almost got one of those little coax 4-channel mini's, but splurged on the bigger one instead. I might still get a tiny 4-channel anyway. Most of the Ebay sellers are in Hong Kong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up a Blade CX2 with upgraded batteries, shafts & swashplate. I want to spend a little more time with a little one before spending the cash for a 400.

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what I started with. Although I think the MCX is a better trainer for inside that one will work and will handle outside flights better. There are a few things you can do to make it more responsive. Taking the weights out of the flybar or making a custom one like I did. Don't waste money on a bunch of aluminum parts as they will just make it weigh more. Plus aluminum parts tend to tear up a bunch of stuff in a crash. That is why I choose to keep plastic mixing and wash out arms on my Trex.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I might need to untimately own one of these for indoor play:

http://h1071671.hobbyshopnow.com/pro...?prod=EFLH3000

It's almost the same size as the cheapo 3-channel one I have now,
    but it's an extremely capable single-rotor fixed-pitch 4-channel bird.

They're like $180, but they seem to be worth it from people's reviews and comments...
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree pyro, That blade would be a great indoor bird!

Westwind mx15

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I got into flying planes a number of years ago but most helicopters just had too much going on for me to truly get into. I know this has been posted sometime here in the past but it merits another view for those who haven't seen this....simply amazing skill. Sorry for the hijack Pyro....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6F-0rIpLJE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6F-0rIpLJE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    1976 Hydrostream Viper - 2.5 EFI
    Resto Thread Here
    2010 Go-Pro Stuff

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
    I got into flying planes a number of years ago but most helicopters just had too much going on for me to truly get into. I know this has been posted sometime here in the past but it merits another view for those who haven't seen this....simply amazing skill. Sorry for the hijack Pyro....

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/q6F-0rIpLJE&hl=en_US&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
    i seen this vid awhile back and it still shocks me at the power of brushless

Westwind mx15

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When you get that good, whats next? Where do you go from there?

Im ordering an MSR i let you know when i get it. I know the flight is not going to be as controled as pyros

what extra parts should i order for the first few crashes?
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive never flown a MSR but I my father has a blade cx2 that is on its 10 set of blades and still flies like its brand new. He has zero sim time. He learned to hover and hover taxi all on this helo. I have had raptors, blades, nexus, walkera...... and the cx2 is the best small indoor helo ive ever flown...just my opinion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Rc trucks, boats so I wanted a Helo. I thought how about one of those cheep Air Hogs that were advertised on TV a couple years ago. What a POS. Or maybe it's just me.

I Still want a inexpensive one that will actually fly.

I'll take suggestions.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast