User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chad - I removed the flybar weights and double-checked the pitch of the paddles. It's a bit harder to hover with the flybar weights removed, but you're right - it's much snappier now. One annoyance is the tail rotor keeps loosening up because that rubber bushing slides out. Other than that, the heli is great. I'm going to remove the rotor blades and weigh them tonight.

Think we should have an RC heli as our next giveaway?

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH heck yes. Both of my birds are broke right now, and so am I.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If we give one away, it would have to be an easy one to fly. I contacted X-Heli about doing a tradeoff similar to what I did with Caster, so we'll see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no landing gear for the sMR. Seems Eflite is having problems with distribution. I am sending them a not so nice email.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Paul I see a seller on Ebay has them: http://cgi.ebay.com/E-FLITE-EFLH3004...item5ad7d12d4b

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Paul I see a seller on Ebay has them: http://cgi.ebay.com/E-FLITE-EFLH3004...item5ad7d12d4b
    Thanks Greg. It just aggravates me that the place I bought it from doesn't and can't seem to get the parts! Maybe it's Hobby Town's fault.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I broke my landing skid the other day. I clipped everything off the batt holder and just left the little H bracket on it, then I used a little piece of doublesided tape to stick it to the underside of the canopy. Then I just put another piece of tape over it. It flys great and no need to worry about the skids. I still need a frame, 2 of the holder pins broke off. 1 on each side, front and back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM001760.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any of you guys follow my threads on the RCgroups and HeliFreak forums, I've posted some great recipes for beefing up and modifying the mSR. I have two "tough" frames. One has thin carbon fiber rod overlays to stiffen the canopy pins, the other one has solid CF rods going all the way through the frame. You will break more canopies if you reinforce the frame.

I just got a landing skid set in from HopMeUp last week. Local shop had a set and bought those skids too. Hopmeup has a nice combined shipping discount on small part orders.

My mSR electronics are in for service right now. Heli crack withdrawls, big time...

Here's a custom ball-hub flybar I built today, got this idea from another forum user...

This flybar also has lightened (drilled,/thinned) and balanced paddles.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's really cool Chad. I can't believe how addicting these little helis are. It's been a great way for me to take breaks away from the computer. My mSR is totally stock for now, but I'm having a great time flying it. I also really like my CX2 indoors for some reason. The Blade SR is really what you need to try - it's a heck of a lot of fun to fly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You guys are a bad infulence!!! (JK) I went to the hobby shop to see about a servo that is acting up on my MSR and ended up walking out with a brand new SR. I'm charging tha batt now and hope to hover it later. Well see how it goes....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla0178 View Post
    You guys are a bad infulence!!! (JK) I went to the hobby shop to see about a servo that is acting up on my MSR and ended up walking out with a brand new SR. I'm charging tha batt now and hope to hover it later. Well see how it goes....
    You're going to love the SR. If your only experience is with the mSR, then take it very slow on the SR since it's not a self-stabilizing heli like the mSR is. Once you get used to it though, I think you'll find it easier to fly on the whole though.

Chad, look what came in today, straight from XHeli . Amazingly, I'm still on my original rotor blade set though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    You're going to love the SR. If your only experience is with the mSR, then take it very slow on the SR since it's not a self-stabilizing heli like the mSR is. Once you get used to it though, I think you'll find it easier to fly on the whole though.

Chad, look what came in today, straight from XHeli . Amazingly, I'm still on my original rotor blade set though.

Yeah, Trust me I'm an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was just hovering it just above the floor in my big living room, had it up a few times trying to see how it was trimmed. And before I knew it it was flopping all over the floor like a shot duck. I have NO clue what happened. Before I could get it shut down it dented the blades, bent the tail boom, chewed the main gear up, and I'm pretty sure a servo is shot, it only squeels and doesn't move at all. I took it all apart, the other servos seem to be fine. The motor is fine and all the linkages seem to be ok. I would love to blame the crash on the servo, but not sure. It happened before I knew it. It hovered pretty good, wasnt perfect, but I didn't even get the chance to adjust it. It needs alot more room than my living room. I hope it didn't mess up anything in the head, hope the adjustments are still ok. Well It looks like I'll be back to the hobby shop on tuesday. I work all weekend so it doesn't matter. It SUCKS though. Hope you all have better luck. Next time I'll try it in the back yard.

P.S. I had no idea how powerful it would be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry to hear that happened. Someone has to make a main gear protector for this heli since it's been extremely common for people to destroy those gears on a crash. I think the best thing you can do is use training gear. I STILL use the training gear on my Falcon 40 and it's been a lifesaver. With it, I can bail from flight while traveling sideways and put it down that way, and it will just slide across the road upright. It's saved my rotor blades (and other parts) at least 10 times so far.

You'll need a lot more room than an average living room for the SR, unless you're good at flying it. Wait for calm evenings and just do it outside (not on the grass). I also understand a lot of people are bending tail booms too, but they're very easy to replace. Stock up on rotor blades though, the included ones are very fragile and they're selling out everywhere.

Oh yeah, and it's extremely powerful - just wait until you use 'stunt mode', which is where a CP heli really shines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla0178 View Post
    Yeah, Trust me I'm an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was just hovering it just above the floor in my big living room, had it up a few times trying to see how it was trimmed. And before I knew it it was flopping all over the floor like a shot duck. I have NO clue what happened. Before I could get it shut down it dented the blades, bent the tail boom, chewed the main gear up, and I'm pretty sure a servo is shot, it only squeels and doesn't move at all. I took it all apart, the other servos seem to be fine. The motor is fine and all the linkages seem to be ok. I would love to blame the crash on the servo, but not sure. It happened before I knew it. It hovered pretty good, wasnt perfect, but I didn't even get the chance to adjust it. It needs alot more room than my living room. I hope it didn't mess up anything in the head, hope the adjustments are still ok. Well It looks like I'll be back to the hobby shop on tuesday. I work all weekend so it doesn't matter. It SUCKS though. Hope you all have better luck. Next time I'll try it in the back yard.

P.S. I had no idea how powerful it would be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sorry about your luck. Carpet is bad for the initial learning stages unless you use training gear and you have a BIG room. It needs to be able to slide a bit without tipping over. I fly my Falcon 40 indoors sometimes, I just have to stab the throttle quickly to lift off the carpet without tilting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I zip tied some long rods to the skids as training gear since I forgot to get them at the shop. I really wasn't trying to fly it, just wanted to get a feel for the throttle stick only had it like 4" off the ground. I think maybe it got caught on the area rug and tipped it over. Still not sure. It hovered pretty nice before that. It needed to be adjusted a little bit i think. I hope I didn't mess any of the settings up. The good news it'll prob be less than 50$ to fix. I'm going to try covering the old blades with carbon and vacuum bag them with the food saver. Anybody know how to balance them? I'll let you know how it goes. I hope to get most of the parts on Mon.

Can't wait till they get the cnc aluminum parts out.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast