User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chad. Just a heads-up, Xheli has Falcon 40 rotor blades in stock now. I actually really like the Falcon 40. It's been a very fun trainer for me and it's cheap to repair. It flies outside nicely too.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Thanks for the tips as always, Forkin. You got us onto these mSR's to start with. I flew mine in the front yard all forkin day today. Did some more front and back flips. The last couple of hard crashed messed something up I can't figure out. Not as much forward cyclic as before, but plate is together, gear is on fully, turns full RPM's but doesn't spin as loosely now, and it constantly throws off a lower link during flight. Hmmm.... I hovered a pack on the falcon 40 on the driveway and took it easy with my last set of blades so I don't break them. Nose-in is tough with this heli because it's so slow to respond. That's why I think I want something better, but I can't afford a B400 right now.

Keychain camera:

(two buttons are fake.) rear-most real button is power. Hold for 2 seconds to power on/off. Front button-- press once to take a bad still photo. Light blinks off once to acknowledge. HOLD front button 2 seconds to shoot video. Light blinks 3 times to acknowledge, light stays off while shooting. Press again to stop. Light comes back on. Camera powers off after a bit of idling.

To set the date, write a text file with the date/time format and name as indicated in the EngRish manual, and drag/drop it into the camera's root directory. Turn it off and back on. It will erase the file as it reads it, setting the internal clock to the values you feed it. Dead battery resets the clock.

Good luck.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, thanks for the heads-up.
    Here's the Chinese outfit where you can get equivalent parts for a bit less...
    http://www.hobby-wing.com/walkera-4-...ter-parts.html

Today I finally got my Falcon 40 flying right. I didn't have enough forward cyclic throw, the trim was always set below center. So, I adjusted the servo links to get the trims closer to center. This gave me better cyclic throw balance, and helped tremendously.

I flew for 10 minutes and has a great time, then my tail motor failed. I held it in the air while it spun out of control. I let it lose some altitude while it drifted away from the road over the neighbor's yard, then I chopped it and crashed without any firther damage. These tails are known for only lasting for about 30 flights...
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I heard the tail motors fail frequently on those. Those little motors are worked very hard. I was going to order a few spares of those. I've found the tail performance of the Falcon 40 to be pretty good considering how cheap the heli is.

I can't believe you guys got me this hooked on these little machines. It's a fantastic way to take a quick break away from the computer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I drove over an hour yesterday only to find that Hobby Town in Jackson, MS didn't have the parts I wanted. Seems after buying all the stuff there they would at least keep a 10 dollar part in stock. They didn't even have skids for my sMR. As NO ONE at any of the HOBBY TOWNS I have been to have them either. Way to go Hobby Town for not stocking parts, even tough I have spend well over 2500 bucks with them.

Last time I go in there for anything significant. I'll order on line now on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I troll the hobby shop almost daily, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    I just scored a set of mSR skids there a half-hour ago.
    I bought the last set they got on ration about 2 weeks ago as well.

They also got two Blade SR heli's in as well. I took a look at one, looks decent for the price.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, there on back order here too. I just broke mine, and finally one of the canopy pins broke off the frame, looks like I'll need one of those too. Got to fly it out side the other night, there was 0 wind. Flew it for 2 batteries with only 1 small crash. Was pretty nice. Then tried it again the next day, there was a bit of wind, now back to the shop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah my local hobby shop has been very good with stuff I wanted so I'll always go there first. He also gives me a 10% discount just to keep me motivated not to order online.

Did you hear about the Exceed Madhawk 300? It's a current Walkera model too - supposedly the hot new [inexpensive] FP heli now. http://www.xheli.com/50h28-madhawk300-original.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIReBHz5OJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIReBHz5OJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    awesome!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg,

I put a Blade CP tail motor in my Falcon 40 today. I think this motor is made for a higher voltage system, but it works well on my heli and it's a perfect fit. I can actually hear an increase in peak tail RPM. I have much better rudder control now. It gets a little bit warmer than the old one, but works great. $10 at the local hobby shop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got to fly it outside again tonight. Its so much better out side, can get it to fly all over. Pretty good, 2 batts and no crashes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's great news Chad and the video is very cool. I was flying my Falcon 40 early this morning and I've been having a great time with it. I think it's a fantastic trainer. My only complaint is that is vibrates a bit - I suppose this means I should try to balance the rotor blades?
    I appreciate the tip on the tail motor. I'm going to pick up an extra at my LHS just to have in case. I'm surprised that the Falcon 40 has pretty good rudder control for such an inexpensive heli.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Greg,

I put a Blade CP tail motor in my Falcon 40 today. I think this motor is made for a higher voltage system, but it works well on my heli and it's a perfect fit. I can actually hear an increase in peak tail RPM. I have much better rudder control now. It gets a little bit warmer than the old one, but works great. $10 at the local hobby shop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take those flybar weights off. You don't need them. It makes it sluggish to respond.
    Set the paddles flat and check them often.
    Make sure your trims are at center for a neutral hover. If it needs much significant trim, you should adjust the screw-on servo link ends until you can achieve a stable hover at neutral trim. This was the biggest improvement I made to mine, it offers equal cyclic throw in all directions. I just flew mine in the alley today before work in a light gusty breeze, and it did great. I think the E-flite tail motor was a big improvement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vibration can be caused by unbalance, but can also be caused by the blades not tracking. Is there an adjustment for that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't adjust the blade tracking on the Falcon 40. You also can't throw it out of whack unless you physically break the grip. Weigh the blades. Measure the flybar extension and see if one paddle needs adjusting.

I just shattered my blades and broke my flybar in the parking lot. WAY too windy today...

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast