User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    I have had that happen 3 times, it is tough to get it back in. I was thinking about gluing a little loop over the top to see it it will stay but i havent had it happen in a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Wow!!! What are y'all doing??? I haven't had that happen once to mine!
    Try undoing the rods going from the swashplate to the flybar and see if that will help.
    Holt the cyclic stick forward and left, it will lift the tail of the swashplate to its highest position where you can easily slip the pin in and out of the guide, which I now believe is also the cause of the problem: Specifically, crashing with the stick in that position.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of RC helis...I just put a new paint job on mine. I was getting tired of the dark blue canopy...and it was hard to see!! I rushed though this paint job...took me about 2 hours to do, and the rattle-can clear wanted to make some of the colors bleed together....oh well, that's what I get for rushing it

Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an INSANE video of what some of these pro's can do......INSANE!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DcKyc5KYcuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DcKyc5KYcuM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
    Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well, I came home with a Blade MCX, and then my MSR came today.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet. You'll be glad you have something easier to start out with.

I went to the hobby shop "back room" last night to fly the mSR around. Tuesday night is for the "flyers" there.

I did some foward flying, some reckless spinning figure 8's, then crashed hard on the floor. It never woke up after the impact. There's no physical damage evident, but I get the blinky light no matter what. We tried to bind it to another Tx, but it's dead. I've got to call Horizon about the warranty.

After that, I went out to the car and brought in my Falcon 40, which just arrived the day before. I had pretty good luck with it, except for sliding into the RC track and chunking the end of a blade. (superglue!!) It took me about two full battery packs to get the hang of hovering this one.

Next to the mSR...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That sucks about your MSR. I'm guessing it's that "5 in 1" board in the heli? I hope that situation resolves itself easily.

I didn't plan on buying the MCX, but when I went to the hobby store today they had so many of them right there, at a great price too. So I figured it would I would get into that first.

I did fly it today, no crashes yet though.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Sweet. You'll be glad you have something easier to start out with.

I went to the hobby shop "back room" last night to fly the mSR around. Tuesday night is for the "flyers" there.

I did some foward flying, some reckless spinning figure 8's, then crashed hard on the floor. It never woke up after the impact. There's no physical damage evident, but I get the blinky light no matter what. We tried to bind it to another Tx, but it's dead. I've got to call Horizon about the warranty.

After that, I went out to the car and brought in my Falcon 40, which just arrived the day before.
    I had pretty good luck with it, except for sliding into the RC track and chunking the end of a blade. (superglue!!) It took me about two full battery packs to get the hang of hovering this one.

Next to the mSR...
    Chad, that Falcon looks just like my Esky Honey Bee FP. If you can learn how to control that in all directions, nose in hovering, and basic forward flight maneuvers....you will be AMAZED at how much more stable and easy to fly a larger heli like a Trex 450 is. Just like others have told me....if you can learn how to fly a small fixed pitch heli like that, you can fly anything

The first time I fly my Blade 400, I was shocked at how stable and easy to control it was compared to that Honey Bee.

Oh....try taking the flybar weights off.....mine flew much better with them off. Much more responsive and less slushy feeling.
    Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips! From what I understand, it's VERY similar to the Honeybee FP, and nearly identical to a Walkera 4, both of which have better reviews and parts availability.
    It was a bad impulse buy, but it seems to be staying together so far. The screws that hold the halves of the grips together are stripped out, right from the factory. I knocked the tail rotor off the gear a couple of times, and had to straighten one flybar paddle that rotated during a mild spill. This is the "V.2", so it has the heavier-legged, metal-railed skid gear, and a grip design that requires aftermarket blades to be modified to make them fit.

This is both challenging, and fun. A couple of guys at the track last night said it looked like I knew how to handle it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I put two drops of glue on the blade grips as the guys at the hobby store had on theirs to avoid the stripping problem (never had a problem) now it toilet bowls out of control. Theres alot of play in my blades too so im gonna try the new fly bar then new blades. I cant see that tiny bit of glue effecting it but it flew perfect when i put it down (1 minor crash in 2 batteries) and flew it around the whole house. figured i would glue it so they dont strip now it wont fly worth a chit everything moves good. I shoulda just left the damn thing alone instead of tryin to prevent the grips from breaking

that big bird looks great, and chit for 90 bucks!
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which screws did you use CA on? The opposed screws in the grips? If those screws are "stripped", it usually means the screws are cracking through the side of the plastic, which means you need new grips.

Flick the flybar gently, it should pivot/bounce back and forth a couple of times, loose but not sloppy. Make sure the anti-rotation guide isn't wearing out: Hold the rotor and the gear while you twist/wiggle the flybar, and get rid of any play you find in the linkages.

Madke sure the swashplate didn't separate from the part above with the link balls: Push the tool onto it and squeeze above the tool and balow the swashplate to seat it fully and squarely. Good luck...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    thanks, im sure its somthing stupid just havent had a min to mess with it.

I need some 150ma batts the 120s dont last long when your not crashing every 20 seconds

i just put two drops on top of the grips where they meet on each side above the screws.
    Last edited by baja200merk; 01-06-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imq707s View Post
    Speaking of RC helis...I just put a new paint job on mine. I was getting tired of the dark blue canopy...and it was hard to see!! I rushed though this paint job...took me about 2 hours to do, and the rattle-can clear wanted to make some of the colors bleed together....oh well, that's what I get for rushing it

Looks good to me! I have a non painted one I need to paint. Thinking yellow fading to blow fly green.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    I need some 150ma batts the 120s dont last long when your not crashing every 20 seconds
    I thought about it too, but they weigh more, and will likely change the COG and require some re-trimming. It will generally fly easier with less on-board weight.
    I would strongly recommending getting a couple more 120's from the hobby shop. Then you'll have 4 lipo's for the 4 jacks on the charger. If you have one battery cooling off (yes, let it sit 5 min before charging), two on the charger, and one on the heli, you should be able to fly continuously by cycling the batteries.
    Don't make a habit out of running them down to the cut-off (blinking light, power reduction), as it supposedly reduces long-term battery life.

I sent in my 5-in-1 board today, hopefully I'll be back flying my mSR within a couple weeks.

In the meantime, I'm getting better at hovering the F40, I've been able to keep it within a 7' x 7' area while maintaining rudder orientation and controlling throttle. If I get turned around, I'm able to think and act quickly enough to not hover the wrong way before I get it yawed back around again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think they dont seem to last as long as im used to cause i can keep it in the air till it starts blinking. I usually do keep flying it till it blinks, how else can you tell when its time to switch batteries?

I just changed the fly bar/grips and it still comes up and starts TB so bad within 3 seconds of leavin the ground its completly uncontrollable. The only thing i havent done is put new blades on it so ill get some and do that tomorrow, they have had a ROUGH life

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    <object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OKKkYZf6yx4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OKKkYZf6yx4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast