User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Obviously those cameras are made for the mid- and larger-sized heli's, not the pocket micro's... Very cool though.
    Actually Chad, there is a guy that took the circuit board out of that keychain cam, and mounted just the guts on his Blade MSR. I'll try to find some pics of it if I can. Buy taking the guts out of the casing...you're probably cutting the weight in half

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8v0QrcXO6z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8v0QrcXO6z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keychain camera is cool,amazing how advanced these things are today!i used to snap 35mm photos from a quarter scale pipercub that my dad built about 25 years ago ,still have the cub in 1 piece:
    LTB OLDGUY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imq707s View Post
    Actually Chad, there is a guy that took the circuit board out of that keychain cam, and mounted just the guts on his Blade MSR. I'll try to find some pics of it if I can. Buy taking the guts out of the casing...you're probably cutting the weight in half
    Bad ass. I want to try it if I can ever learn to fly this bird first. 6 grams on a 25 gram heli is still quite a payload.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad ass. I want to try it if I can ever learn to fly this bird first. 6 grams on a 25 gram heli is still quite a payload.

I'm going up to my old high school in a while to see if I can use the gym...

Don't get frustrated....it just takes time. It took me several months to get good at just hovering around, then when you change it all up and start doing nose in hovering.....it's like starting from scratch again.
    Ian

...boatless for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    im gettin two mcx tail motors they are 10 bucks instead of 20 for the msr tail boom/motor assembly.

seem to work good
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5iRUUHN8SXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5iRUUHN8SXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    im gettin two mcx tail motors they are 10 bucks instead of 20 for the msr tail boom/motor assembly.

seem to work good
    That is good to know. I have a MCX in my junk pile.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try it and let us know how it works out first-hand. Maybe I'll order a couple of spares too.

One thing I can't figure out is how the pin on the rear of the swashplate keeps jumping out of the guide during crashes.
    It takes a lot of force to lift it back up and into the guide.
    You can see the stress mark appearing on the left side guide post from putting it back in place for the 10th time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    That is good to know. I have a MCX in my junk pile.
    Yup works perfect, right or left doesnt matter (i got one of each). 9 bucks a piece and they were out of the msr tail boom for "a while"

I would be pissed if i was copter-less for "a while"

Try it and let us know how it works out first-hand. Maybe I'll order a couple of spares too.

One thing I can't figure out is how the pin on the rear of the swashplate keeps jumping out of the guide during crashes.
    You can see the stress mark appearing on the left side guide post from putting it back in place for the 10th time.
    I have had that happen 3 times, it is tough to get it back in. I was thinking about gluing a little loop over the top to see it it will stay but i havent had it happen in a few days.

Just fired it up and it flies great. Disclaimer: Depending on how much practice the pilot has

Ill try and get a video later, waiting on the end cap reinforcement to dry
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use CA with amine accelerator/hardener. CA doesn't "dry", it "cures."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're going to mount a camera, do it right. Click on the pic.

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    If you're going to mount a camera, do it right.
    I've seen several designs. Most have over sized gear and mount them on the bottom. Be nice to spy on the nude chick sunbathing next door.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you look at the heli? Wish I had a little (ok, a lot) extra mad cash

Ló fasz racing
    Joe Horvath

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow!!! What are y'all doing??? I haven't had that happen once to mine!

Try undoing the rods going from the swashplate to the flybar and see if that will help.

I have my 500 apart right now. Come to find out, I broke the end of the torque tube (drive shaft for the tail)... I was wondering why I couldn't control the tail..... It would spin up, but no matter how much right rudder I put in... it would piro! No wonders I didn't crash it again!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad, check this out!!! Cool or what???? I want!

The 250

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/24ZzmVnrnhM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/24ZzmVnrnhM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

The 500

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTTbyaK61yk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTTbyaK61yk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome videos.

I got my Falcon 40 today, fired it up in the spare bedroom (tile floor) and hovered a bit.

The week of experience on the mSR was VERY helpful, I already knew how to control it before it left the ground. After a few short takeoffs and panicked "sliding" landings, I lifted off and hovered smoothly around the 12x12' bedroom for a minute or so, then set it down and put it away.
    I like the way the bigger bird easily floats above the floor at a stable height without needing to constantly feather the throttle while hovering. It's slower to respond, but needs more input to keep it steady. Feels very forgiving and predictable so far. I lifted up to chest level and it was fairly easy to handle. The transmitter has nice feel, but with minimum function, the trims are easy to knock out of place. The build quality on this machine is typical absolute Chinese crap, but it's a fun flyer for $90. Maybe I'll keep it around...

The transmitter feels better than the "X-box" style that came with the mSR rtf. I should have bought the bind-n-fly with a DX6i transmitter instead. I haven't ruled out upgrading it in the future...

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast