User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: R/C helicopters

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I guess its time to get back to flying, The SR is still down, havent checked for parts in a while. I'm still not thrilled with its performance. I'll probably get it back together soon. My brother-in-law gave me his Blade 400, it needs a controler, a charger, and a servo. I hope it flys better than the SR, well hope to be back to flying soon. I already started flying on the simulator.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Chad, you really need to try out a Walkera CB100. I use mine more than my mSR and it's awesome. It flies like a large helicopter, which I like and it handles wind very, very well. It's double-brushless too and very easy to work on.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MvRTALJp8DM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MvRTALJp8DM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been enjoying my Blade SR.
    Moved up from an Esky Lama V4 thats been used & abused over the last few years and decided to give it a try. Ordered the flat bottom blades which seem to give it a little more stability over the standard. A few more weeks & I'll be ready for a good 450.

Peace.

You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Very cool - I like my SR a lot as well. Keep up the good work, they're a lot of fun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up F-18

Well Greg, Pyro, after months of practicing and waiting till i had time and a good day to fly me and my son took the F-18 out for a maiden today after i picked him up from school.
    I was nervous as hell but i throttled it up and took off smooth as silk! Buzzed around a few times to get the feel of it. It was noseing down with the stick at neutral position so i trimmed it where it flies nice and strait. This thing hauls ass man! Flies like a dream to !
    Did some low eye level fly byes at full throttle and by that time i figured it was time to land and this is where it got harry!
    I brought it in a little to fast as its hard to tell how fast its going when its coming right at you until it gets pretty close. Touched it down on the cement nose down and the dang front landing gear came off Luckily i realised just before it made contact that it was no good and went full throttle and pulled back on the elevators instantly getting it airborne again and saved it from any damage with the exception of bending the front landing gear mount back a little. (easy fix)
    Circled around and brought it in for a landing on the grass with no front landing gear.
    This time i basically killed the throttle and floated in for the landing keeping it about 2 feet off the ground until it slowed down and i sat her down gently and the rear landing gear came off. NOT A SCRATCH ! ( have to figure out a way to keep the landing gear fixed because the front is only held on with a small set screw and the back gear you just shove it into a slot and hope it stays as seen in the pics)
    Had another battery fully charged and was thinking about hand launching it and belly landing it again but wasn't confident in a hand launch at this time so i figured i'd quit while i was ahead and go home and put the landing gear back on and go back out this weekend if its not windy!
    Anyways I HIGHLY recommend getting one of these. This is the second plane i ever had ( first one was a small Estes EDF from Toys R Us and really wasn't what i would call a plane.) I did great with it and again FAST !
    The only thing i didn't like about it was the battery doesn't give you much run time at all! Need to upgrade to a 4S for a little more flight time because the one that comes with it dont give you but maybe 5 minutes if your running it fast . Luckily i was told this before by someone who has one because after i got it back to the truck i throttled it up and the battery was about done already) Looking forward to giving it another try this weekend ! TUG is in the air, watch out !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1455.jpg   HPIM1456.jpg  
    Ron Paul 2012 Because its an election, not a Cult...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Well Fella's

TUG is not in the air anymore......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1458.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, a few tooth picks and some epoxy and it's be as good as new! The first one of those I saw was ground launched with a large "sling shot". It didn't even have landing gear. You just bellied in on the grass.

I tried an exta motor from my Mcx on the tail of the Msr and it worked for a little while and then quit. I have to stop buying these little cheap birds. Live span is about 6 mo then you have to redo everything. May as well be flying my TREX.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're talking planes as well, I've been wringing the wings off my PZ T28. Found a group of guys that we fly at the Sembach airbase here. Its a soccer field but works good for medium sized planes like we've got. Saw a PZ P51 on RC Groups and put my offer in on it. Can't wait.
    You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if your wondering what happened it wasn't the planes fault. I was flying real well and was doing great but what happened is i ventured out about 1/4 mile (maybe further) and banked to turn around and come back to me and it lost signal and couldn't pull back around so it stayed sideways and went to the ground hence the damage on 1 side and not the other. They come with a 2.4 ghz but like you said Forkin , its cheap stuff and the antenna on the receiver is barely long enough to stick out of the belly of the plane. I think what happened is it was to far out and when i banked to turn that stub of a antenna turned away from me with the body of the plane in between me and that stub, it lost signal. The plane itself has a strong engine and plenty of power, just a cheap radio ! Gonna epoxy it back together and keep practicing! Once i feel that i have the landings mastered (absolutely the hardest part of flying) I'm gonna replace the airframe then get me one of these 70mm F-22 Raptors with retracts and buy a good radio for them. Check the pick out of the antenna on this thing (if you can even see it)
    It was doing great until i decided to go that far out so my bad! Live and learn i guess!
    The pieces fit together nicely so a little epoxy and a construction paper nose cone and i'll be back in business.......

http://www.bananahobby.com/1882.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1459.jpg   yhst-39858413893234_2127_27133023.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry to see the crash damage Troy, that sucks. I hope you get it up and flying again soon and definitely keep posting updates. Jaime, the T28 is awesome, I love mine. It's such a great flying plane, and the Corsair is just as good too.

Paul, I have something for you - I just picked up my Thunder Tiger Raptor 50 combo - I'm going to start it soon (I hope) when I get some time to get it together. I can't wait.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Got it ready to go again

Check out my slime green nose cone made out of construction paper Gonna go for a hand launch today and a belly land sense its already been wrecked! Everything fit together great. TUG is back in the air.....well for a little while anyway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1460.jpg   HPIM1461.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Check it out, my Raptor 50 is ready

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man that thing is huge ! I thought you didn't like Nitro ? Good luck with it and dont pull a TUG. Took mine back out yesterday evening and made 2 flawless landings! Took it out today and made 3 landings picture perfect and what do i do ? Get it back up in the air and ran the thing in to a Baseball field light tower and demolished it again except this time its waisted! Ordered another today These things are to fast to fly with anything around at all. They cover a LOT of ground very quick, even at half throttle! I need to find a place that's wide open with no obstacles and a paved runway. Ive searched everywhere and cant find a good spot that's wide open and has payvment that doesn't have light poles, power lines ect..... I guess i'm gonna have to join a club so i can access a real flying field instead of schoolyards and parks with obstacles everywhere. I thought i was in front of the light when turning and when it came out of the turn and headed my way it disappeared behind the cluster of field lights and wham, That was it. It was raining foam down in little pieces.......Hard to judge distance when there's nothing in the air but the plane.... No more flying for me until i find a good place.... Post some video of that monster when you get to flying it....

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Check it out, my Raptor 50 is ready

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With winter coming(for you guys up north) this thread should be heating up again. Heres my supercub I just painted(again) and added ailerons, which i highly recomend if you have this plane!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 024.jpg   023.jpg   026.jpg   025.jpg  

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast