Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

checkmate enticer restoration

I picked up a 1985 checkmate enticer hull for free today&I plan on restoring it.I have been around boats most of my life but am new to restoration.When I loaded the boat today it was sitting on the ground with no interior&full of leaves.I know the floor needs to be replaced but I want to do this in a methodical manner.Can any one give suggestions on tearing up the floor&checking stringers&transom.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks Ron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonK View Post
    I picked up a 1985 checkmate enticer hull for free today&I plan on restoring it.I have been around boats most of my life but am new to restoration.When I loaded the boat today it was sitting on the ground with no interior&full of leaves.I know the floor needs to be replaced but I want to do this in a methodical manner.Can any one give suggestions on tearing up the floor&checking stringers&transom.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks Ron
    I might be able to help seeing that i have worked on a few checks this year and most of the proplems that i have encountered have been rotted stringers ,floors , wood that has not been totaly encapuslated in glass , weep holes that have not been properly sealed metal staples that have rusted that were used in the build of the boat and not to mention the foam that was used to support the flooring in the cockpit area that held a ton of water which most likely created more rot then should have . Tear the tank out first and can you show more pics ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonK View Post
    Thanks Ron
    Ron,
    Go over to the checkmate forum (http://checkmate-boats.com/index.html) and check out the restoration forum, plenty of rebuilds for checkmates.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmpulse170 View Post
    Ron,
    Go over to the checkmate forum (http://checkmate-boats.com/index.html) and check out the restoration forum, plenty of rebuilds for checkmates.
    Ron you should go to this site because it will give you a better idea of what you just might have to do . Ron i have to say that if you need questions answered there is a lot more knowledge here as to how too and what materials to use .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE GINGER View Post
    Ron you should go to this site because it will give you a better idea of what you just might have to do . Ron i have to say that if you need questions answered there is a lot more knowledge here as to how too and what materials to use .
    Offshore I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you, but are you saying the guys over on the checkmate site don't know what they're doing? I guess my second checkmate resto is crap as was the first one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offshore I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you, but are you saying the guys over on the checkmate site don't know what they're doing? I guess my second checkmate resto is crap as was the first one.
    Easy sparky your doing all the talking and if i felt that nobody on that site did not know anything i would not have recomend the Check site at all and when i wrote that i felt that there might be a lot more knowledge here is because i feel there are a lot more people on this forum that do fiberglass repair for a living and combined have many years of experience including myself for over thirty years doing fiberglass repair and with that in mind all you have done is jump to conclusions .
    Last edited by OFFSHORE GINGER; 11-18-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Checkmate-boats.com site is one of the best sites for gaining information on Checkmates. There are many disscussions, including pictures of Checkmate renovations, by pure Checkmate enthusiasts. It's a wealth of knowledge and even Kip and Mike Combs (from Checkmate) respond on the site. There are alot of talented guys on the site that also post on S&F (including myself) that will be glad to help you in any way!! Here's one of my old threads from when I replace my floor:
    http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/sh...ghlight=mantex
    J-Town Hot Boat Team
    Barracuda 188CCR/Suzuki 140

Past Boats:
    Checkmate 2800SX/Twin Merc 250’s
    Checkmate Pulsare 2400/Verado 300
    Checkmate Starflite/Merc Pro XB250
    Canadian Edition Hydrostream AE-21/Merc 2.5
    Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri
    Hydrostream Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175
    Talon T-21/Mercury Racing 2.5 Carb
    Sleekcraft ModVP Bowrider/Evinrude 225 Vindicator
    Velocity 230/Mercury 454 Magnum
    Scout 172 Sportfish/Yamaha 130
    SeaRay F16 Jet boat/Mercury SportJet
    SeaRay 17' Seville/Merc I/O

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE GINGER View Post
    Easy sparky your doing all the talking and if i felt that nobody on that site did not know anything i would not have recomend the Check site at all and when i wrote that i felt that there might be a lot more knowledge here is because i feel there are a lot more people on this forum that do fiberglass repair for a living and combined have many years of experience including myself for over thirty years doing fiberglass repair and with that in mind all you have done is jump to conclusions .

Offshore no hard feelings, thanks for the clarification.The way you worded the response made it seem like the folks over on CM were clueless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offshore no hard feelings, thanks for the clarification.The way you worded the response made it seem like the folks over on CM were clueless.
    Once again i apolgize and i hope in the future we will have a better understanding of each other and take care my friend ...................Artie