Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up for CCMS reeds in a 3 Liter

We just had a dealer try a set in his customers 3 liter and was so impressed with the idle and acceleration he called back and orderd a set for his personal 3 liter

Guys, Chris Carson has spent some time in R&D on these reeds and he's got a fine result. These reeds are cut on a hi-speed mill not stamped like some of the others and if viewed under magnification you can see the difference. The other reeds are frayed along the edge and will unravel (chip) starting the day you install them. But that's not the only difference here, CCMS reeds are evenly spaced over the openings (not offset like others reeds) for better sealing. Grab a 7 petal reed cage and look at the uneven overlap of reeds including Mercury factory reeds (the 1st one I looked at sits right on the edge of an opening, not sealing so I use that one in my display )

Thanks CCMS

btw, just so I didn't imagine this, I took a set of reeds (email me if you wanna know who's way2slow@aol.com) right out of the package and made a few passes with 2 stages of nitrous and they unraveled (never seen 11,000+ rpm like I normally spin). So if anyone's interested in old technology reeds I have about 25 sets I'll sell dirt cheap (I was prepared for The World Finals in Phoeniz) That is if you can't afford a set of CCMS's already low priced reeds

Kaase Outboard Hydro/Bottle Fed 300 Drag

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could I agree more or is my point made

My proof is the two other boaters that came in the same time as me on 11/11/09 at Lake Sonoma, Ca. Both, (at different times), asked me how I liked my 200. There are no stickers on my cowling and they both had 150's on boats similar to mine. Other comments were "Nice hole shot!" and "That thing sure idles sweet". That's no BS that's CCMS reeds!

Oh,,, in case you don't already know, I'm running a 2.0L 135 lightly massaged on the back of a 18' 91 MonArk Legend V-hull Fish/Ski. A tug compared to what most of you guy's run.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ccms reeds

Hey,thanks for the feedback,we appreciate it...we'll keep you informed of new developments,Chris & Stan