Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2010 yamaha s.h.o. 200-250 4strokes

I figured Id let you all know, Bass Cat informed us today a little information on the new Light weight Yammies, they are 4.2liters,V6,DOHC,505lbs, and seem to push the bass boats very hard, with no setup and a Yamaha prop they were hittin 80 on gps, and thats similar to the 250 Pro xs on that hull, the HO E-TEC is a few tics faster yet, and guys im posting real #s not made up crap,most who know me know I dont lie about this crap. Anyways they are using a super ligh weight cowling,new gear case with 1.75 gears and it sounds like a nice alternative to the DIs, if people dont like them. Not much different than the 250 ss SUZUKI, except the Yamaha is alot lighter, we all will have pics and specs on the 20th. Brannon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good information !Why the big difference between the Yami and Suzuki gear box ratios ??? To get the Suzuki to 80mph at say 6000 rpm im thinking you would need a 38 pitch or so prop ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewayweroll View Post
    Good information !Why the big difference between the Yami and Suzuki gear box ratios ??? To get the Suzuki to 80mph at say 6000 rpm im thinking you would need a 38 pitch or so prop ??
    I always wondered why Suzuki did that. It seems to work alright on big heavy offshore boats but bass boats its ridiculous. The Suzuki from evrything I have read is far from a 250, more like an alright running 225 hp.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent read where they ran 80 in any of the test boats. 78 but, not 80. I did read Brian's post and he felt 80 was possible with some setup. Even if it turns out to be a good runner. It wont be a option for someone in the performance world without a proven lower unit. I have heard the hydrotec guy's saying the yammy lower is good coned and will hold up. But, thats still not a sure bet. I havent heard of a BRP lower that can take the stress of surfacing yet. So, it really leaves one ultimate safe choice and thats a merc with a sporty.
    Last edited by K-Dawg; 11-13-2009 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
    Havent read where they ran 80 in any of the test boats. 78 but, not 80. I did read Brian's post and he felt 80 was possible with some setup. Even if it turns out to be a good runner. It wont be a option for someone in the performance world without a proven lower unit. I have heard the hydrotec guy's saying the yammy lower is good coned and will hold up. But, thats still not a sure bet. I havent heard of a BRP lower that can take the stress of surfacing yet. So, it really leaves one ultimate safe choice and thats a merc with a sporty.
    I've seen the stock HPDI lower run high 90's with no issues...I'm guessing it's the same or similar (both are 1.75's). It's been run hard for two seasons with zero issues. I don't think there is an issue with the lower.

The Suzuk ran 83mph on the Tuff 21 even with that goofy ratio so there's no doubt these motors can work....obviously not a motor for an Alli (or a replacement for a 260) but should work well for guys with fishin' motors.
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmmmmm, just wondering Brett (E-TEC1) what lower are you "Exploding and Grenading" while Crankin that Heavy Mirage past the "OTHERS" at Blarney and Elsewhere? I think Brett is NOT using a Sporty,or Torquemaster lower unit, so what does that tell us? The lower unit thing is OLD news guys, the % of boaters that even know what the hell a sporty is may be 2%!!!!!! So I dont think anyone is gonna bring out surfacing lowers, sorry but thats the deal, is Merc Racing still around? Im like 30 minutes from Fon du Lac and guys, uh, I think the Legacy may be over......IT may be the time that Allisons are traded in for 4 stroke powered Pontoons.....Just kidding guys, hopefully you guys and Ally can Make their boats work with whats selling, maybe not? This post was not starting crap, just a observation. Brannon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm, just wondering Brett (E-TEC1) what lower are you "Exploding and Grenading" while Crankin that Heavy Mirage past the "OTHERS" at Blarney and Elsewhere? I think Brett is NOT using a Sporty,or Torquemaster lower unit, so what does that tell us? The lower unit thing is OLD news guys, the % of boaters that even know what the hell a sporty is may be 2%!!!!!! So I dont think anyone is gonna bring out surfacing lowers, sorry but thats the deal, is Merc Racing still around? Im like 30 minutes from Fon du Lac and guys, uh, I think the Legacy may be over......IT may be the time that Allisons are traded in for 4 stroke powered Pontoons.....Just kidding guys, hopefully you guys and Ally can Make their boats work with whats selling, maybe not? This post was not starting crap, just a observation. Brannon

Your the only one acting like a smarty....

http://www.bwbmag.com/output.cfm?ID=1059733

second problem proved to be more vexing, and changed our testing for the weekend as well as the outcome of the test itself. Evinrude did indeed show up with its new low-water pickup nosecone gearcase, but Evinrude reps Karl Sandstrom, Larry Foy and Glyn Austin confirmed that it was not actually in production yet. They promised that it would be available on early 2006-model E-Tec 225 H.O. engines by the time this issue hit the streets, but as of our test date, those engines were being shipped with Lightning lower units.

In addition, as the BRP team tested the setup on the bright blue metalflake Bullet, the new gearcase began to exhibit a few problems. The extreme engine height required to extract the best top speeds from the combo began to take its toll, and the unit began to have problems heating up. The results almost halted the test; the Hydromotive prop it was turning began to experience hub failures (the plastic hub insert kept melting), and the lower unit’s bearing carrier began to lose its seals. In addition, the bearing carrier itself began to rotate inside the lower unit housing. In the end, Foy had to reseal the carrier and re-install it at a local dealer.

Meanwhile, Quinlan and I conferred and concluded that we must run the test numbers with the Lightning gearcase. It was clear to us that while the new gearcase is a sleek, hydrodynamic and very promising design (worth 2.5 mph on this combo over the Lightning case), more engineering and testing time was needed to ensure its reliability on ultra high-speed hulls like our Bullet tester.

<!-- Receive 1 RISK-FREE Issue of Bass & Walleye Boats

Receive 1 RISK-FREE Issue of Bass & Walleye Boats. Enter your trial subscription to receive a Risk-Free Issue. If you like Bass & Walleye Boats, pay just $12.97 for 5 more issues (6 in all). Otherwise, write "cancel" on the bill, return it, and owe nothing.
    Canadian Residents: click here to subscribe.
    International Residents: click here to subscribe.

To try BWB Magazine risk-free, just fill in the form and click Submit.

<form action="index.cfm#SubForm" method="post" name="subform"> <input type="hidden" name="action" value="Confirm"> <input type="hidden" name="ISSN" value="BAWB"> <input type="hidden" name="country" value="USA"> <input type="hidden" name="RateID" value="347"> <input type="hidden" name="OfferCODE" value="TEMB9"> <table> <tr> <td> <label for="FirstName">First Name</label>
    <input type="text" size="30" name="FName" value="" /> </td> <td> <label for="LastName">Last Name</label>
    <input type="text" size="30" name="LName" value="" /> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> <label for="Address1">Address 1</label>
    <input type="text" size="30" name="Addr" value="" /> </td> <td> <label for="Address2">Address 2</label>
    <input type="text" size="30" name="Addr2" value="" /> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> <label for="City">City</label>
    <input type="Text" name="City" value=""> </td> <td> <label for="State">State</label>
    <select name="State"> <option value=""></option> <option value="AL" >Alabama</option> <option value="AK" >Alaska</option> <option value="AZ" >Arizona</option> <option value="AR" >Arkansas</option> <option value="CA" >California</option> <option value="CO" >Colorado</option> <option value="CT" >Connecticut</option> <option value="DE" >Delaware</option> <option value="DC" >District of Columbia</option> <option value="FL" >Florida</option> <option value="GA" >Georgia</option> <option value="GU" >Guam</option> <option value="HI" >Hawaii</option> <option value="ID" >Idaho</option> <option value="IL" >Illinois</option> <option value="IN" >Indiana</option> <option value="IA" >Iowa</option> <option value="KS" >Kansas</option> <option value="KY" >Kentucky</option> <option value="LA" >Louisiana</option> <option value="ME" >Maine</option> <option value="MD" >Maryland</option> <option value="MA" >Massachusetts</option> <option value="MI" >Michigan</option> <option value="AA" >Military(Americas)</option> <option value="AE" >Military(Eastern)</option> <option value="AP" >Military(Pacific)</option> <option value="MN" >Minnesota</option> <option value="MS" >Mississippi</option> <option value="MO" >Missouri</option> <option value="MT" >Montana</option> <option value="NE" >Nebraska</option> <option value="NV" >Nevada</option> <option value="NH" >New Hampshire</option> <option value="NJ" >New Jersey</option> <option value="NM" >New Mexico</option> <option value="NY" >New York</option> <option value="NC" >North Carolina</option> <option value="ND" >North Dakota</option> <option value="CM" >Northern Mariana</option> <option value="OH" >Ohio</option> <option value="OK" >Oklahoma</option> <option value="OR" >Oregon</option> <option value="PA" >Pennsylvania</option> <option value="PR" >Puerto Rico</option> <option value="RI" >Rhode Island</option> <option value="SC" >South Carolina</option> <option value="SD" >South Dakota</option> <option value="TN" >Tennessee</option> <option value="TX" >Texas</option> <option value="VI" >US Virgin Islands</option> <option value="UT" >Utah</option> <option value="VT" >Vermont</option> <option value="VA" >Virginia</option> <option value="TT" >Wake Island</option> <option value="WA" >Washington</option> <option value="WV" >West Virginia</option> <option value="WI" >Wisconsin</option> <option value="WY" >Wyoming</option> </select> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> <label for="ZipCode">Zip Code</label>
    <input type="text" size="30" name="Zip" value="" /> </td> <td> <label for="EmailAddress">Email Address</label>
    <input type="text" size="30" name="Email" value="" /> </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2"><input type="image" name="submit" class="btn" src="/images/buttons/btn_submit.gif" /></td></tr> </table> </form>

-->
    Last edited by K-Dawg; 11-13-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, that is the L1, now we both know K-Dawg that BRP,Yammie etc are not Racing Companies, ya know? Im not starting a Pissin Match, but everyone always says that these companies dont get it, I think some people dont get it? Racing is not ANY companys concern,period. It does not pay the bills,it does not help much, know on that subject I firmly believe the Race on Sunday sell on Monday term,yet the Over Thinkers of Corporate America think differently, Im sorry for that,but until things change racing as We know it may be over? Brett I tried to call you back, but no answer...Brannon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not getting in a pissing match but I don't think the 3.0 sporty is exactly problem free. Last I heard they fill with water. Times are changing and there is nothing we can do to change it so just be happy they are still trying to produce high horsepower motors not matter which team it is.

Ralph Musser
    27' Fountain Fever W/ 525SC
    22' Rapid Craft W/ Evinrude 300 V8 January 2009 BOAT OF THE MONTH SOLD
    24' Triton 240 Gold W/ Mercury 60
    14' Royalcraft W/ Evinrude 75 father/daughter project

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bworner View Post
    Dude, that is the L1, now we both know K-Dawg that BRP,Yammie etc are not Racing Companies, ya know? Im not starting a Pissin Match, but everyone always says that these companies dont get it, I think some people dont get it? Racing is not ANY companys concern,period. It does not pay the bills,it does not help much, know on that subject I firmly believe the Race on Sunday sell on Monday term,yet the Over Thinkers of Corporate America think differently, Im sorry for that,but until things change racing as We know it may be over? Brett I tried to call you back, but no answer...Brannon

That wasnt a racing boat test. To listen to you every BRP motor reguardless of what boat its on is the fastest. You selling motors here to? There a still lots of boats that need coned lowers to get the most out of them besides Allisons. There are lots of 21 foot tunnel boats and Vees out there. I think the motor will be fine for bass boats and such but, LIKE I STATED TO START "It wont be a option for someone in the performance world without a proven lower unit."
    Last edited by K-Dawg; 11-13-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
    LIKE I STATED TO START "It wont be a option for someone in the performance world without a proven lower unit."

I think the Yamaha lower is proven but you are right that because of the slightly higher water intake it may have to be modded to get enough height for some of us....but that's not the end of the world really given that any of us that need that kind of motor height already have to mod our lowers. AND chances are that the highest performance guys aren't buying 4strokes lol. This will be a great fishin' motor...and possibley good in some high performance applications...time will tell.
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe this is a new lowerunit and the water intakes have been lowered as compared to the hpdi cresent style gearcase,this is what i've been told I have not personaly seen it,this no race engine but things are a changeing
    21 SuperBoat VF200 Yamaha SHO
    Bender Clan memberEroshibend Yamamoto
    2015 King of the Cut
    2016 King of the Cut
    2017 King of the Cut💪

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbender View Post
    this no race engine but things are a changeing
    http://www.yamahagamechanger.com/

22' Activator w/ 250xs Merc Opti, back home again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Pickups are lower as you stated, and yes its not a Drag Race motor, its a fishing motor, like ETEC1 just stated on the phone, they bring their Racing Motors Fishing, were bringin our Fishing Motors RACIN!!!!!! I think the guys that are not in the Dark know the BRP Motor is the real deal, Brett and others have proven that. I think the Yammie is gonna be super cool, and the new 300 V6 should be killer also. Their are gonna be some more advancements on the BLUE/WHITE side, so everyone just remember, we are all LUCKY as hell to be arguing over motors and epa stuff, we could be homeless or dead, ya know? K Dawg i meant no offense at all, I DO NOT Sell anything here, I simply work for a dealer during the day, and yes I sell Mercury, Tohatsu and Evinrude...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new lower unit does have the pickups lower down and a little further forward. At least it looked to be. There was not an old case there to compare. I asked around to the big wigs/ engineers while I was there and Yamaha just isn't concerned with "racing" engines. This engine will stand much higher RPMs and will easily make 350HP but they would rather it be reliable. If they were to decide to get into performance I am sure they would take over the market just like they have all other segments of the marine market.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast