Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22 Activator

Im just getting into speed boats and to be totally honest i dont know what dirrection to go with my set up.

1991 22 Activator
    100% stock 200 Black max on the transom
    prop shaft about 3"s below pad
    Grandpas 17p three blade wheel
    Right now running 6100wot @ 53mph boat spedo
    have a 5" plate not installed yet

i cant get any of my boat out of the water. bow is digging big time. Not sure what dirrection to go. And i have a feeling that i wasted my $$ on a 5" jack plate. Looking for tips on props, engine hight etc. teach me

thanks
    steve

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve get some setback going (10-12inches), by running the motor further off the back of the transom the boat will naturally want to hang better b/c of the change in center of gravity, and you will be able to run the motor higher above the pad which will cut down on the resistance from the lower unit running through the water. I would also try to move as much weight to the back of the boat, and try to keep everything as low as possible. You definately need to try a few different props because what you have just isnt cutting it. Trophy plus seems to work fairly good for an all around prop and also gives you a little bit of bow lift. You should be able to spin something around a 23p. Give me a call if you want to try one out i think my friend has a 23 laying around. That boat should easily run into the 60s with that motor!!!!!! Setup is key