Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks alot for the advice I really needed someone who have the same hull .. other wise i cant trust what any one else could say. I will try and will let you asap thanks again
    Words Build Bridges Into Unexplored Reigons ... Adolf Hitler

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice...did the mods to the pad make a big difference? have you tried any through hub props like trophy's or anything?
    79 Checkmate Predictor 2.4 200, 00 Bullet 20XDC 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the pad was chipped and nicked when i got it, so filling them all in and sanding the back 6ft flat in addition to sharpening all of the trailing edges yielded a 3mph gain. I am sure most of that was from filling the nicks and chips though.

i have tried a 25txp through hub, yamaha t1 29" and a bravo 1 28" (i think) the txp was an excellent all around prop that was good for 78-80mph depending on the day, the t1 acted up REALLY bad so i had to get out of it at 86mph on multiple passes (i think there wasnt enough blade area in the water to control the boat with, the hub on that thing was HUGE), and the bravo had a rediculous amount of bowlift, on the verge of too much for my comfort and ran ~85
    1986 Laser 380 comp- being re-done... slowly...
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...23#post2859423
    1997 Hewes Bayfisher 16- 90 yammie
    1982 Laser 380- 200 merc- SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I picked up this little gem and hopefully I'll get her ready for the water next year.

Trying to get ideas for setup. I'm going to put my 225X on it. I've got a stainless marine hydraulic jackplate, 4 1/2" setback or a bob's hydraulic which is a 10". Not sure which way to go...from what I've read these things like setback. I've also read mixed reviews of people liking and disliking the bob's hydraulics.
    The boat is gonna get a new floor, transom, etc so I'll be starting with a clean slate. I was curious if the pad mod was worth it or not.
    79 Checkmate Predictor 2.4 200, 00 Bullet 20XDC 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I know, its an old thread but, Maybe there are some setup updates for these boats. I do not have a laser 380 but I do have a Starcraft 19ft bass boat which has the exact same hull. I know of one thing I will be doing which is fixing the chipped and rounded trailing edges of the hull. I have a 1988 XR2 200hp in great running condition and a 25p lightspeed 3 blade prop for now. I know this bass boat must be a good bit heavier than the laser but, in all honesty seeing how my boat sits in the water verse these makes me think there is not too much different in weight. I am hoping to get a good solid 70 out of this boat with some setup work and I honestly thing its possible. If anyone has any additional setup tips that would be fantastic but I think Hawk has done a fantastic job working out the details and thanks for posting them.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170329_183701.jpg  
    1998 BackCountry 201 Proguide, 250xs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2