Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maximum 3.0 timing

96 3.0 225 EFI. Does anyone know what that the maximum timing advance would be for this motor using pump gas with stock compression. Also if relocating the crank angle sensor to advance the timing should you also advance the stator location. I have a 300 ignition module on the way to try out. I am trying to improve the hole shot. I think the 300 module will alow me to run a 25 p prop without hitting the limiter which will help. Thanks Leon Pugh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know MAD EFI produced a timing advance/retard. It just moved the position of the crank position sensor. I think I still have one if interested. I think I have one of their fuel knobs also. It will increase or decrease fuel by tricking ECU into believing it's colder or warmer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks hotbeek, I milled new mount on my milling machine that gives me 5 deg more basic timing, already have to much fuel at wot. I found a mercury tsb on this application that calls for setting the tps to .92 at idle and adjusting the throttle stop at wot to achieve 3.0 volts. I have not tried it yet, seems like a band aid to me by limiting full throttle?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I`ve heard that the more air gap there is between the crank possition sensor and flywheel the more advance timing you have. If this is in fact true i don`t understand how.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Thanks hotbeek, I milled new mount on my milling machine that gives me 5 deg more basic timing, already have to much fuel at wot. I found a mercury tsb on this application that calls for setting the tps to .92 at idle and adjusting the throttle stop at wot to achieve 3.0 volts. I have not tried it yet, seems like a band aid to me by limiting full throttle?
    In one of my Merc manuals it states TPS setting at .90-1.0 at idle and 3.55-4.05 at WOT. I don't like the idea of limiting the throttle stop. I have rigged an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on my new motor. That could help you pull some fuel.