Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hop up

Quote Originally Posted by Skytour View Post
    The flywheel lightening and ECU remapping work very well. The Mercury flywheel is overbuilt (heavy) and the engine benefits from the lighter flywheel. The ECU remapping improves combustion and they also raise the rpm limiter. I have mine set at 6100 rpm although it can be as high as 6800. These engines produce more HP with any increase in rpm. I've had both my engines modified. Took about 30 minutes per engine to remove the flywheel and ECU. Less than a week turn around including shipping (Priority Mail). Substantial improvement in hole shot and throttle response. Only downside is that I had to buy new props to take advantage of the new rpm limit but I wanted to buy new 4-blade offshore props anyway.
    thanks for the info, what is the top end increase in speed if any

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the new v-max

well.....the new v-max is going to change the whole 2/4 stroke equation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-5 Knot increase with mods

4-5 Knot increase with the previous 3-blade Mirage props. Don't have a basis of comparison for the new Powertech OFX4 4-blade props as these were only installed after the engine mods. Installed the OFX4s for better stern lift and higher rpms, not speed. Sized props for max rpms for the most hp gain. Even with the bigger Mirage props did notice better time to plane and throttle response in addition to the max speed increase. Spending the $750/engine for the mods was better than having to buy and install a new larger engines.

Hopefully this will get me by until a couple of of the new technologies come out in a year or two promising more power and better economy. Wonder if the engines will qualify for a $1500 incentive tax credit for Green Technologies?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mods

Quote Originally Posted by Skytour View Post
    4-5 Knot increase with the previous 3-blade Mirage props. Don't have a basis of comparison for the new Powertech OFX4 4-blade props as these were only installed after the engine mods. Installed the OFX4s for better stern lift and higher rpms, not speed. Sized props for max rpms for the most hp gain. Even with the bigger Mirage props did notice better time to plane and throttle response in addition to the max speed increase. Spending the $750/engine for the mods was better than having to buy and install a new larger engines.

Hopefully this will get me by until a couple of of the new technologies come out in a year or two promising more power and better economy. Wonder if the engines will qualify for a $1500 incentive tax credit for Green Technologies?
    skytour what type of boat do you have and when you said 4-5 knots do you mean mph, what kind of speed gain sould i see with the mods on the 27 fountain with 300xs 07 spinning 25 lab mirage props at 5850 75 mph with 1/2 tank and 3 people , on low fuel and just me i hope to see more

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comparison

The increase is in KNOTS. Comparing the two boats is like comparing apples to oranges. I have a heavy Boston Whaler 305 Conquest that is substantially slower than your boat. Don't know what the end result would be with regard to speed but I think you would appreciate the improvement in hole shot and throttle response with your boat. Write something up on Scream & Fly if you make the mod.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi i would like to contact simonmotorsport by (e-mail) about 300XS mods does anyone have their e-mail as it is not on the website that i can see.

Thanks Corby.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simon Motorsports Contact

Simon Motorsports
    444 Feghali Road