Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a vibration

I am running a 95 four seater ( heavy lay up) mirage with a stock 200 2.5 liter Mercury. 8" rapid jack with a 20" leg. I have two prop a big ear 14 3/4" X 30 pitch hoss copy and a 28 pitch chopper II. Also 1.87 - 1 gears with a cle that was worked by Steve Smith.

From 40 to 75 MPH the boat is vibrating a little. I can feel it in the stearing wheel and i have hydrylic stearing. You can also kinda hear it as well when you are running. This never happened before. Happenes with both props. Once i get past 75, i don't feel it, not saying that its not vibrating. Just started kinda out of the blue one day. When it started, i was running 1/2 " over the bottom so i dropped the motor thinking maybe i was to high up with two people in the boat. Went ride today and i split the bottom and ran the 28". Did the same thing, if i trimmed high or tucked the motor. Checked the prop shaft and everything else i can think of and everything looks great. No water in oil and i don't think an internal bearing would make it do this. Any extra help would be appreciated.... thanks guys.....Eric B.
    1995 mirage jaguar w/ 200 merc....96mph @ 7300 rpm...... sold
    1991 Allison XB2002, 1996 225 Promax...... sold
    1998 Rocket DC w/ 2020 Yamaha Sho flashed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to the top......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I know when I run cleavers above the bottom, they will make the whole boat buzz with vibration. Try a 4 blade. If it goes away, then that's your problem. It vibrates because the blades are slapping the water
    " IT'S NOT HOW FAST YOU ARE, IT'S HOW COOL YOU LOOK!!! "

Check out my new website. liberatorpowerboats.com
    Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!
    Ain't got no toyz, Ain't got no money! I is jus a poor Florida boy!

Visit My Liberator Boats Website

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Check the flywheel"- as in loose? Ha ha. It better not be.

Steve also said something about surface running vibration. I am not counting that one out, it's just I ran it before at 3/4 above bottom and it didn't do it. Now no matter how high or low I stick the motor it does it.

The only thing I noticed different lately is that my motor twists more with the torque. Was thinking of sliding a torque tab on the skeg. Been thinking and not exactly sure how the torque tab works. The motor is twisting as if I was turning right. That's at low speeds. (0-60). Didn't get the balls to turn around running faster yet and look. Sounds about right? Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banchee6 View Post
    "Check the flywheel"- as in loose? Ha ha. It better not be.

Steve also said something about surface running vibration. I am not counting that one out, it's just I ran it before at 3/4 above bottom and it didn't do it. Now no matter how high or low I stick the motor it does it.

The only thing I noticed different lately is that my motor twists more with the torque. Was thinking of sliding a torque tab on the skeg. Been thinking and not exactly sure how the torque tab works. The motor is twisting as if I was turning right. That's at low speeds. (0-60). Didn't get the balls to turn around running faster yet and look. Sounds about right? Thanks.
    Motor twisting??? If you don't have soilds (Check your motor mounts) as long as you have solid steering. As far as Randy's input . I had a similar issue on my Liberator. Dropped the motor 1/2" and vibration went away.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have solid mounts and solid stearing. This issue is happening with the motor splitting the bottom or 3/4" over. Putting a torque tamer on tonight and run it tomorrow to see if that's the problem. I'll just run it till it blows if I have to.