Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So where did you get the epoxy and how about a close up?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 Sunkisst

1978 Sunkisst
    460 BBF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jet boat 1.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epoxy and Flake

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota_Duane View Post
    Lets have a close up of that flake
    This was totally experimental but it turned out pretty good. The epoxy is a 2 part commercial grade garage floor coating. It's a clear primer coat and a color top coat. The guy who hooked me up with the stuff said it will stick to anything that is properly cleaned and prepped. I sanded everything with 60, vacuumed really well then cleaned with acetone before each coat. He told me that this product will flex with the hull and shouldn't crack, we will see LOL! The flake was big time experimental LOL! it's house of colors rainbow flake that is really small, it's non metallic, won't stick to a magnet. I did a few test runs on some scrap plywood and liked how it looked so I just went for it. The flake dispenser is a joke but works. It is a can of compressed air like you would use to clean your computer and a lil glass jar with a metal lid. I poked a small hole in the metal lid of the glass jar and stuck the straw nozzle from the air can in to pressurise it. Made a small brass tube that comes out the the top of the jar lid. A bolt in brass angled valve stem for big trucks would work. This tube was pinched squeezed and bent on until I got a nice uniform shot of flake to spray up and out when pulling the trigger on the air can. I taped the two together with electrical tape for one hand operation. This thing looks funny as hell but works good. I found out on the base coat that this epoxy wants to fire off kind of fast so you need to get it down quick and in the shade. The cool thing is that after you get at down you can move the boat out into the direct sunlight and the stuff will thin out and flow nice. The flake didn't really lay on top but seemed to bed it self down it the epoxy. You can run your hand across it and it's smooth, can't even feel the texture of the flake. I liked my flake dispenser so much I did my place diverter controller and gas tanks
    I know this was a long winded answer but I hope it was some help
    http://

Southern Hotboater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    79 Wriedt
    Work in Progress
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PIC_0047.jpg  
    79 Wriedt Maverick
    Blown 454
    Berk JF-A pump
    07 Bennington 5.0
    98 Yamaha XL1200

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDRISTER View Post
    This was totally experimental but it turned out pretty good. The epoxy is a 2 part commercial grade garage floor coating. It's a clear primer coat and a color top coat. The guy who hooked me up with the stuff said it will stick to anything that is properly cleaned and prepped. I sanded everything with 60, vacuumed really well then cleaned with acetone before each coat. He told me that this product will flex with the hull and shouldn't crack, we will see LOL! The flake was big time experimental LOL! it's house of colors rainbow flake that is really small, it's non metallic, won't stick to a magnet. I did a few test runs on some scrap plywood and liked how it looked so I just went for it. The flake dispenser is a joke but works. It is a can of compressed air like you would use to clean your computer and a lil glass jar with a metal lid. I poked a small hole in the metal lid of the glass jar and stuck the straw nozzle from the air can in to pressurise it. Made a small brass tube that comes out the the top of the jar lid. A bolt in brass angled valve stem for big trucks would work. This tube was pinched squeezed and bent on until I got a nice uniform shot of flake to spray up and out when pulling the trigger on the air can. I taped the two together with electrical tape for one hand operation. This thing looks funny as hell but works good. I found out on the base coat that this epoxy wants to fire off kind of fast so you need to get it down quick and in the shade. The cool thing is that after you get at down you can move the boat out into the direct sunlight and the stuff will thin out and flow nice. The flake didn't really lay on top but seemed to bed it self down it the epoxy. You can run your hand across it and it's smooth, can't even feel the texture of the flake. I liked my flake dispenser so much I did my place diverter controller and gas tanks
    I know this was a long winded answer but I hope it was some help
    http://[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.c....jpg[/IMG]
    Its funny when I first saw the floor I was thinking that looked just like his controler great idea (your flake speader)cool Thanks for the feed back were you the one with the Regatta if so do you have any pics BTW Your boats looking great Randy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Regatta Sportivo View Post
    Its funny when I first saw the floor I was thinking that looked just like his controler great idea (your flake speader)cool Thanks for the feed back were you the one with the Regatta if so do you have any pics BTW Your boats looking great Randy
    Randy,
    A friend has the Regatta but it's on hold for now, just an empty hull but when they start working on it I will post some pics. Did you know that the USCG has a hull ID database. You can enter the first 3 letters of your hull ID number and it will tell you everything about your boat. Who made it, where it was made, how long the company was in business, the years they were in business, the last known address and phone number. Really cool information, check out
    Fred

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm
    Last edited by WICKEDRISTER; 08-23-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Southern Hotboater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDRISTER View Post
    Randy,
    A friend has the Regatta but it's on hold for now, just an empty hull but when they start working on it I will post some pics. Did you know that the USCG has a hull ID database. You can enter the first 3 letters of your hull ID number and it will tell you everything about your boat. Who made it, where it was made, how long the company was in business, the years they were in business, the last known address and phone number. Really cool information, check out
    Fred

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm
    Thanks for the info kind of interesting it shows the company in biz from 9/72 to sometime in 2001 yet very few hits come up when you do searches and my boat is a 1971. Is your friends similar to mine? The 2 I have found 1 is an outboard looks totally dif 1 looks just like mine without winshield my hull# is R251 the local river patrol even questioned it till I showed him. Kind of wierd its on a placard under the dash Thanks Again I just love these old boats they just have style. Randy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool 1975 glastron carlson

These are pics of my 1975 glastron carlson cv19ss with the original 330 horsepower 455 oldsmobile engine with cosmetic upgrades and original interior except for the engine cover pad and original gelcoat. There is only 257 hours on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jet boat 003.jpg   jet boat 004.jpg   jet boat 006.jpg   jet boat 010.jpg   jet boat 011.jpg  

10. Likes Baja170 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regatta

Randy,
    The hull my friend has looks just like your boat less the windshield. The Regatta is really unique looking in the rear along the gunnel's. It looks like they flair down and away towards the water line in the rear. It's the only jet I have ever seen that looks this way, very different and very cool!
    Isn't it fun to have a rare boat that nobody else has

Southern Hotboater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 76youngblood View Post
    These are pics of my 1975 glastron carlson cv19ss with the original 330 horsepower 455 oldsmobile engine with cosmetic upgrades and original interior except for the engine cover pad and original gelcoat. There is only 257 hours on it.
    Man that's a nice CV19SS
    My buddy had 2 of them, on kidding. One was running and nearly original and the other was a project boat. Hell, we just had a CV19SS stolen here locally. You know they are desirable, the one that was stolen was just a shell on a rusted out trailer! It had no engine, no pump and no interior. I love the old Carlson's, I have a CVX20 project in the back yard and have my eye on a GT150 project. Don't really want to build another 2 smoke but it's a cool old classic that needs to be saved

Quick Sand was my buddy's project boat and it's still around, it's in storage in NC. Dig the pro stock scoop!

This was his other CV19SS, 396 BBC, chopped and tinted windshield, stretched engine hatch and place diverter, we called it the 007 Jet!
    Last edited by WICKEDRISTER; 08-24-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Southern Hotboater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlson's Aqua-Lift Hull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgHL...d.php?t=179840
    I know this is a jet boat thread but for you Glastron fans out there who want to see some old school and rare Carlsons haulin some serious azz, check this vid out!

Southern Hotboater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Vid those Glastrons are flat gitn r done that was sweet. When you get a chance could you let me know what HIN your buddys Regatta is it would be interesting what year and # it is mine is #251 your deffinently right about it being cool having a boat not everybody has Im amazed how many people come up and ask about it its funny I was looking for a Glastron when I found this Regatta 1 mile from my house and it was on craigs list. Gota love old jet boats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that CV19SS. Just a cool looking hull.

John Hice Owner, Gulf Coast Marine Service, Inc.
    Panama City Beach, Fl. 850-258-4423

Photo History of project "Drag"N"Fever" At This Link.
    http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=167460
    Ultimate Turbine Warlock, "Johnny Rocket Special"
    https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...arlock-Project
    Festivals Of Speed Video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVatsUmjUrs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought this boat last year and I am working on fixing it up. I need to find a place diverter so I can take it to the Florida Keys and squirt jelly fish up on to the seven mile bridge.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast