Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

active thunder

can anyone give me some info on active thunder? are they good boats, bad boats, fair boats? how and what are they made from? thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good quality boats. What do you want to know about them. The rigging is good, The glass work and finish are good. The ride nice, steep v so trim tabs are needed for cruising speeds

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    New A/T hulls are very tech advanced in regard to hydrotechnology hulls are dual delta conic step design, glass is laid up by the best in the business in Edgewater Fl. by some of the most experianced glassers in the business you can,t buy a better lamaniation anywhere. Rigging is very meticulous in every detail. With the cult following they have resale values tend to be very stable even in todays economy. If I can be of any more help call me @ 954-275-0013 Dave MCRacing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked for Active Thunder from early 1997 through 2000. They are some of the best built, best riding, rough water boats in the market. All the glass work was done in Pompano Beach until a few years ago. All the rigging is still done at the Pompano beach factory. The boats are all hand laid using the best materials...extensive use of high density PVC Mantex throughout the boats. The rigging is up to offshore race standards. The original A/T's were built by Bob Otringer and were called just Thunder (Cannon Powerboats). They built the 24' V, 31'V, and 31' Cat. Patrick Haughey bought the company around 1994 and moved everything down to Pompano Beach. At that time the 36' Thunder V bottom was being tooled up and released in 1997/98. The 37' AVH step bottom (DDC hull by Harry Scholule sp??) followed in 1999. There was also a 31' Active Fish CC for a short time and the 28' Savage was pulled from the damned off fish boat mold using a shortened 31 (now called a 32') deck. Cats were becoming very popular and the Active Cat 32 were selling pretty good...tripple digits with stock HP 500 efi's/Bravos. There was also a 22' DDC outboard powered Thunderstorm for a short while. The fish boat molds were sold and the later 28 Savages were built from the 31' molds and were better riding than the earlier 28's. The 31/32 molds were retired and the new 33' AVH DDc hull was the rage the last couple of years. There's been alot of talk about a 41' Active Thunder and most recently a new 29' with the DDC AVH bottom. They are great handling boats and the single step is safer than the multi step boats. Active Thunder is a low volume custom builder with quite a cult following..you can't go wrong. Let me know what boat your looking at...I've been in everyone built from 1997 through 2000!
    J-Town Hot Boat Team
    Barracuda 188CCR/Suzuki 140

Past Boats:
    Checkmate 2800SX/Twin Merc 250’s
    Checkmate Pulsare 2400/Verado 300
    Checkmate Starflite/Merc Pro XB250
    Canadian Edition Hydrostream AE-21/Merc 2.5
    Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri
    Hydrostream Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175
    Talon T-21/Mercury Racing 2.5 Carb
    Sleekcraft ModVP Bowrider/Evinrude 225 Vindicator
    Velocity 230/Mercury 454 Magnum
    Scout 172 Sportfish/Yamaha 130
    SeaRay F16 Jet boat/Mercury SportJet
    SeaRay 17' Seville/Merc I/O

5. Thanks scgj thanked for this post
    Likes scgj liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AirRide View Post
    Does Edgewater Boats do the fiberglass work for them or someone else? My friend Scott Porta does some fiberglass work in Edgewater as well.
    Yes Scott's crew does the layup as per Scott's lamination schedule.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great boats. Great reputation. I've run a friend's 25' Active Thunder out in the ocean and it's very impressive. Handles rough water well.
    David

2000 Powerplay Sportdeck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were CALLED THUNDER FIRST.BUILT OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO.ONE OF THERE MOST FAMOUS BOATS WAS CALLED RUNNIN HOT A 31' NEON PINK AND PURPLE HULL.OWNED BY THE LEGENDARY BOB HARRIS. TOOK 3RD IN THE KEY WEST OFFSHORE RACES BACK IN THE DAY.AND SHAMED REGGIE AT A FEW POKER RUNS.I THINK MARTY OTRINGER WAS INVOLVED IN THE BUILDING OF THEM.i RACED WITH BOB FOR YEARS AND ALWAYS FELT SAFE IN THAT BOAT.NO MATTER HOW BAD THE WATER GOT.FEEL CONFIDENT ITS A GREAT STABLE BOAT.THEY ALSO BUILT A 10'CAT
    THE BEST PART OF LIFE IS SPENT ON THE WATER

WASHINGTON N.C.. I TOO HAVE A BOATING PROBLEM
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2strk4ever View Post
    can anyone give me some info on active thunder? are they good boats, bad boats, fair boats? how and what are they made from? thanks
    WOW...... ask, and you just recieved............Welcome to Scream and Fly !
    JOHN MASON
    '83/VECTOR/MERC 200-- SOLD
    '98 Quartershot T-3/ MERC 200

"If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What size boat are you looking for?
    David

2000 Powerplay Sportdeck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "What size boat are you looking for?"

the boat i was looking at is a 25 whith twin merc 200s.i do like the powerplay 25 also,how do you like yours?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE View Post
    I worked for Active Thunder from early 1997 through 2000. They are some of the best built, best riding, rough water boats in the market. All the glass work was done in Pompano Beach until a few years ago. All the rigging is still done at the Pompano beach factory. The boats are all hand laid using the best materials...extensive use of high density PVC Mantex throughout the boats. The rigging is up to offshore race standards. The original A/T's were built by Bob Otringer and were called just Thunder (Cannon Powerboats). They built the 24' V, 31'V, and 31' Cat. Patrick Haughey bought the company around 1994 and moved everything down to Pompano Beach. At that time the 36' Thunder V bottom was being tooled up and released in 1997/98. The 37' AVH step bottom (DDC hull by Harry Scholule sp??) followed in 1999. There was also a 31' Active Fish CC for a short time and the 28' Savage was pulled from the damned off fish boat mold using a shortened 31 (now called a 32') deck. Cats were becoming very popular and the Active Cat 32 were selling pretty good...tripple digits with stock HP 500 efi's/Bravos. There was also a 22' DDC outboard powered Thunderstorm for a short while. The fish boat molds were sold and the later 28 Savages were built from the 31' molds and were better riding than the earlier 28's. The 31/32 molds were retired and the new 33' AVH DDc hull was the rage the last couple of years. There's been alot of talk about a 41' Active Thunder and most recently a new 29' with the DDC AVH bottom. They are great handling boats and the single step is safer than the multi step boats. Active Thunder is a low volume custom builder with quite a cult following..you can't go wrong. Let me know what boat your looking at...I've been in everyone built from 1997 through 2000!
    its a 25 with twin merc 200s

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "What size boat are you looking for?"

the boat i was looking at is a 25 whith twin merc 200s.i do like the powerplay 25 also,how do you like yours?
    Very happy with mine. Although I'd be happier with a pair of Diamond Marine 2.5's off the back.
    David

2000 Powerplay Sportdeck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerplay25 View Post
    Very happy with mine. Although I'd be happier with a pair of Diamond Marine 2.5's off the back.
    who would'nt.what engins are you running and what speeds are you getting?does your boat handle rough water well?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a 25 with twin merc 200s
    The 25 with outboards was Mike Livorsi's old boat. It was his show boat for showing off his Livorsi gages. I never got the chance to run the outboard powered boat but I'm sure it runs great. The 25 A/T feels like a much bigger boat and will crush rough water. It's a very tall freeboard boat and the gunnels will come up to your armpits! Pretty good sized cabin too!!
    J-Town Hot Boat Team
    Barracuda 188CCR/Suzuki 140

Past Boats:
    Checkmate 2800SX/Twin Merc 250’s
    Checkmate Pulsare 2400/Verado 300
    Checkmate Starflite/Merc Pro XB250
    Canadian Edition Hydrostream AE-21/Merc 2.5
    Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri
    Hydrostream Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175
    Talon T-21/Mercury Racing 2.5 Carb
    Sleekcraft ModVP Bowrider/Evinrude 225 Vindicator
    Velocity 230/Mercury 454 Magnum
    Scout 172 Sportfish/Yamaha 130
    SeaRay F16 Jet boat/Mercury SportJet
    SeaRay 17' Seville/Merc I/O

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE View Post
    The 25 with outboards was Mike Livorsi's old boat. It was his show boat for showing off his Livorsi gages. I never got the chance to run the outboard powered boat but I'm sure it runs great. The 25 A/T feels like a much bigger boat and will crush rough water. It's a very tall freeboard boat and the gunnels will come up to your armpits! Pretty good sized cabin too!!
    you know your A/Ts.i like the boat,dont like all the gages (to many).looks like the engins had some hop up work but not sure what.its a 92 in good shape 6.5 to 7 out of 10,dont know what its worth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast