Italy, on the 09/05/2009 Enrico Vidoli, pilot of powerboats since a long time, lose his life during a test on a race boat for Endurance.
A pilot that is a piece of history of the Italian speed-boat sport, that I could meet like a pilot and friend.
I wish to dedicate to him this letter that I’ll write in the better English that I can and also in Italian.

Enrico Vidoli (“Chicco” for all us), 53 years old and a long racing experience behind his back.
You left us suddenly, and yet now it seems impossible and we would like it to be just a bad dream…
The boats and motors were your life, you have an important history as a pilot and you continued the work of boat builder that your great-grandfather started more than 90 years ago.
You were always unpredictable in everything: in the workplace and in sport, sometimes irascible but always with a big heart.
Always sincere and frank and that is all we love of you and only now we really much know that you left blank…
In the 80s you have competed together Renato Molinari in the Team Martini in Formula 1, winning prestigious victories to become second at World Championship in 1983.
Very often the protagonist of appalling incidents like at the “Idroscalo” of Milan, where, although you can’t walk, did you bring your boat inside the Formula 1… earning the victory.
Able to do incredible things that no one could do…
Nobody knew if it was to great courage, unconscious or a great talent and sensivity to guide…
I like to think that you were all these things together.
And I knew how angry I am to know that everything is finished in this way.
You had to prove an S1 Endurance boat (mt. 7, 50 with a 8.000 cc modified) on the lake… You away from shore and the boat suddenly tips you off violently.
So violently as to break your neck and take you away…so in a flash.
Chicco…is not easy to find words at this moment…
All of us are confused and bewildered and I don’t know yet imagine the sadness that is not to try to see you more to compete, laugh and joke with us.
I remember the 2007 World Championship Endurance in Anzio (Italy) when watching the race of P1 and joking was planning to prepare a P1 with 12 outboard engines SELVA 100 hp!! How I did laugh!!
I will remember well… A sympathetic and unpredictable pilot, but still a great driver.
And…forgive me if I will be not to your funeral… I don’t feel like to accompany you in this your last road…
I like to remember you how the last time I saw you and talked… in the 03/05/2009 at Verbania where you win the “100 miles of Lake Maggiore".
Ciao Chicco...
Your friend Jenny (Jennifer Milani).

In Italian….:

Il 09/05/2009 Enrico Vidoli, pilota di motonautica da molti anni, perde la vita mentre prova una barca da Endurance. Un pilota che è un pezzo di storia della motonautica italiana e che ho potuto conoscere come pilota e come amico.
Dedico a Lui questa lettera che scriveró in Italiano e nel miglior Inglese che posso.

Enrico Vidoli (per tutti noi “Chicco”), 53 anni e una lunga esperienza agonistica alle spalle.
Ci hai lasciati all’improvviso e ancora adesso ci sembra impossibile e vorremmo che fosse solo un brutto sogno… Le barche e la motonautica erano la tua vita, hai una importante storia come pilota e come costruttore di barche proseguivi l'attivita che tuo bisnonno comincio piu di 90 anni fa.
Sei sempre stato imprevedibile in ogni cosa: nel lavoro e nello sport, a volte irascibile ma sempre e comunque di gran cuore.
Sincero e schietto sempre e per questo tutti ti vogliamo bene e solo ora ci accorgiamo davvero del gran vuoto che hai lasciato…
Negli anni ’80 hai corso insieme a Renato Molinari nel Team Martini in Formula 1 conquistando vittorie prestigiose sino a diventare vice campione del Mondo nel 1983.
Molto spesso protagonista di spaventosi incidenti come all’Idroscalo di Milano dove, pur non potendo camminare, ti facesti portare nell’abitacolo della tua barca di Formula 1…Conquistando la vittoria.
Riuscivi a fare cose incredibili che nessuno poteva fare… Nessuno capiva se per grande coraggio,
incoscienza o un grande talento e sensibilità di guida…A me piace pensare che eri tutte queste cose insieme.
E sapessi quanta rabbia mi da’ sapere che tutto sia finito in questo modo.
Dovevi provare una barca S1 di Endurance (mt. 7,50 con un motore 8.000 cc preparato) sul lago…
Ti allontani da riva e improvvisamente la barca si capovolge e ti disarciona violentemente.
Cosí violentemente da spezzarti il collo e portarti via cosí…in un lampo.
Chicco…Non é facile trovare le parole in questo momento… tutti siamo confusi e frastornati e non so immaginare ancora la tristezza che proveremo nel non vederti piú con noi a correre, ridere e scherzare.
Io mi ricordo al Mondiale Endurance 2007 ad Anzio quando guardavamo correrei P1 e scherzando progettavamo di preparare un P1 con 12 motori fuoribordo Selva 100 hp!! Quanto mi facesti ridere!!
Io voglio ricordarti cosi...pilota imprevedibile e mattacchione..ma pur sempre un gran pilota.
E…perdonami se non verró al tuo funerale…ma non mi va di accompagnarti in questo tuo ultimo viaggio…
Preferisco ricordarti come l’ultima volta che ti ho visto e parlato il 03/05/2009 a Verbania dove hai vinto la “100 miglia del Lago Maggiore”.

Ciao Chicco…

La tua amica Jenny (Jennifer Milani).