Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Merc 20 Hp 4 Stroke Efi

WAS JUST READING A 2009 FISHER MARINE CATALOG THAT YOU CAN GET A 20HP MERC 4 STROKE IN EFI...DID ANY ONE THAT WENT TO THE MIAMI BOAT SHOP SEE ONE IN THE MERC BOOTH?
    THE CLOSES MERC DEALER HEAR,(40 MILE SOUTH)...DIDN'T KNOW NOTHING,.
    OR IF SOMEONE THAT WENT TO THE MERC DEALERS MEETING THIS PAST FALL (IF THEY HAD ONE) GOT ANY INFO ON THE 20 HAVING A EFI OPTION.
    THANK..
    16ft stylecraft 150 Fmerc (force)
    14ft nylox 15merc 4stroke pt/t 2hp merc and minnkota

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are efi motors. There is no carb option.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking 2009 merc 20 hp efi

I HAVE SEEN TWO 2008 MODELS BUT THEY JUST HAVE CARBS..
    I WAS HOPPING THAT WHEN GREGG WENT TO THE MIAMI BOAT SHOW, HE'D TAKE A FEW PIC'S AT THE MERC BOTH...BUT AT LASS NO..
    YESTERDAY WHEN READING THE FISHER MARINE CAT...THEY TALKED ABOUIT MERC HAVING A 20HP 4STROKE WITH EFI...
    HERE AT CEDAR CITY ITS ALL MOST 6000 FT ALT..AND I FISH AT ANYTHING FROM 2000 FT TO 9000 FT AND I HATE CHANGING JETS..ANT HARD TO DO, JUST A PAIN IN THE A## IS ALL..
    AND IF MERC DOES HAVE A 20HP EFI I WILL TRADE MY 15HP MERC IN FOR IT..
    SO IF ANY INFO OR PIC WILL BE GREAT..

PS...I DO HAVE A 13FT RON HILL TUNNEL WITH A MERC 50..I STILL THINK GO FAST TURN LEFT...BUT AT 72 YOU SLOW DOWN A LITTLE..
    I HAVE 52 YEARS WORKING ON MERC..SO MY BLOOD IS BLACK...
    16ft stylecraft 150 Fmerc (force)
    14ft nylox 15merc 4stroke pt/t 2hp merc and minnkota

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    call merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per Merc's web site they make a 25 hp EFI, Call Roger's Performance Marine in Hurricane....(435) 656-5811. They sell both Mercury and Honda.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking through my propaganda the 20 is based off the 15 motor so it is still a carby. The 25 and 30's are efi and if your boat and back can take the additional 40 pounds thats the way to roll. I thought they were doing a 20 pro kicker efi this year but i guess not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EFI is not available on the 20hp. From early reports coming from a Merc fanatic on another board, looks like the 25hp E-Tec is a winner. He absolutely hates BRP, but was able to test the 25hp E-Tec and actually praises the motor. Looks like another winner for Evinrude.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinger View Post
    EFI is not available on the 20hp. From early reports coming from a Merc fanatic on another board, looks like the 25hp E-Tec is a winner. He absolutely hates BRP, but was able to test the 25hp E-Tec and actually praises the motor. Looks like another winner for Evinrude.
    WOW! Thats really weird, because I know a guy on another board too. he's a diehard BRP/OMC guy and he can't say enough good things about the Merc 25efi and absolutely hates the smaller 25+ etecs. Crazy world huh?
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NNT View Post
    WOW! Thats really weird, because I know a guy on another board too. he's a diehard BRP/OMC guy and he can't say enough good things about the Merc 25efi and absolutely hates the smaller 25+ etecs. Crazy world huh?
    Yours would come from a wet dream you had last night.

Here's the post, this guy broke a world record of some sorts with an outboard.. "The 25 hp market is filled with anemic 4 strokes and a 24 cubic inch yamaha that is less than stellar. I would pay the $3200 for the 35 cubic inch, 2 cylinder, direct injected E-Tec if I were shopping for a 25, it is the ONLY logical choice. And again, I am not fond of Bombardier, but, the truth is the truth.
    Danny"

Sorry NNT/Capt C this guy is President of the BRP/OMC haters club and still admits when he see's something good.

The 25hp Mercury/Tohatsu/Nissan is pure garbage.
    Last edited by zinger; 03-02-2009 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow why all the hostility? I simply relayed a similar story to yours that I had encountered. So whats your normal ID on here and FS? Since this is your alter ego/troll ID?
    I'm currently boatless

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinger View Post
    Yours would come from a wet dream you had last night.

Here's the post, this guy broke a world record of some sorts with an outboard.. "The 25 hp market is filled with anemic 4 strokes and a 24 cubic inch yamaha that is less than stellar. I would pay the $3200 for the 35 cubic inch, 2 cylinder, direct injected E-Tec if I were shopping for a 25, it is the ONLY logical choice. And again, I am not fond of Bombardier, but, the truth is the truth.
    Danny"

Sorry NNT/Capt C this guy is President of the BRP/OMC haters club and still admits when he see's something good.

The 25hp Mercury/Tohatsu/Nissan is pure garbage.
    this guy who knows this guy who has a friend who has an outboard... that must be the gospel.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys Chill out, simply put your arguing about the 3 best outboards in the 25 segment, why? Technology.....The Tohatsu/Nissan Built Mercury 25/30 EFi is a marvel for 25 4 strokes, batteryless EFI, super light weight, powerful, rope start on the electric start also, fast and quiet trim and tilt, and it is reliable as hell, well it is built in Japan, they build good ****....But the other truth is the Paper stats and realistic reality is the new for 2009 25/30 E-TEC will trump it, its lighter, has a huge gear case with monster water cooling intakes, trolling modifying on the tiller models, highest torque and prop HP in the class, class leading maintenance schedules and cost of ownership is #1....Unbeleivably clean and responsible for the enviroment, it is over 200% CLEANER than its 4 stroke brothers, but thas just a E-TEC thing......We are all lucky, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, BRP, and Mercahtsu make great motors, with insane warrantys, and at great pricing.....Evinrude will also lead the field in pricing, why??? Because I personally faxed them pricing for the lowest priced 25 in the country, the Tohatsu, and that is the truth, they beat them........Its gonna be a great year in Small Motors and Big, Big, Big, motors....Cheers Boys,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The smaller four strokes efi or not are slugs, I don't care who makes them. The water is still stiff up here and I have'nt had a chance to run a 25 e-tec on the water, but from the demo session there is no comparison to them and a four stroke.