Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

250xs faulty oil pump

I have a new 250xs that I was breaking in and had the alarm go off about 2 miles from the boat ramp,so between the trolling motor and idling I got the boat back and took it to the nearest dealer that said the oil pump had failed.I have between 2.5 to 5 minutes of run time with a failed oil pump.Is this powerhead ruined?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think that this would cause pre mature wear on bearings and pistons.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    possibly but doubtfull if there were no abnormal idling issues when you got back to the dock... but may want to have the warranty dealer pop the intake off and double check everyting just to protect your investment.. you were smart and didnt run it untill it puked.. so you may have saved your engine.. if everything was still operating your probably OK....

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on second thought its under warranty... blow it up so you get a brand new one.. J/K

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The motor seem to run perfect at the dock,so hopefully everything is okay.I will be taking it in to local shop on friday to have warranty work done.it just sucks dealing with this now ater grenading my 225 pro max 4 weeks ago.at least I got a warranty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dout any damage was done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MY 250 pro xs blew up in the first 5 min . 2.5 miles
    stupid dealer guy was not following break prochurders in or recomend rigging specs , dont know why it blew but I always suspected starving for fuel on break in or lack of oil to the cylinder that blew ,
    the replacement moter has been the best thing since pop corn cant give me any other moter , fyi my boat is over 8000 lbs , Alot of guys will rig in a fuel water seperator and according to the install for a 250 pro xs thats a no no , and make shure you follow break in prochudre ,like nothing under 4k for first hour ect I have 400 hours on mine now and love it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my local dealer found the issue with the oil pump,it was a pinched wire that was almost cut in half in the factory harness.I have 5 hrs on the motor now and it seems to run good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no power would tend to brak things yes... at least all is good and OK..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no more oil than the opti's use at low rpms I am sure your motor will be fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the replys,it was a little stressful at first but now all seems to be ok.I put it on my 20xdc bullet and was a little concerned about the weight,but as long as a guy takes it easy powering down it seems to be a nice little combo.I have seen 91 with a 29 pitch turbo at 6100,but have a new 32 bc performer3 ,waiting for the cold weather to end so I can see how it will run.hope to see mid 90s after this thing breaks in because the speed with the turbo was only at half inch above pad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    weight on the 20xdc isnt really to much of an issue because the XDC was a 100+ mph package with a 31P DR spinelli and a 300x. and seeing you are in staton feel free to give me a call when you start dialing he in... and BTW the cold weather has ended.. lower willamette was GLASS flat today and 42* perfect for testing and top speeds

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I suck with computers I cant even figure out how to send you a personal note.I have not run my boat on the willamete past wilsonville before but I would not mind seeing some new water.When I blew my promax up I had a hard time finding a motor so I ended up buying the 250xs from jacos marine and had it shipped.after I found the 250 I started disassembly of the promax and then sold it.So to answer your question I rigged the motor and then when I had the oil pump issue I took it to stevens marine so they could hook it up to there computer.The pinch in the wire was more like a cut,it was up in behind the factory wire loom.I would have loved to find a 300x but could not find one ,but I think this 250 will do just fine.I will give you a call and find out where you are.I hope to take it to tenmile this weekend and run it for another two or three hours and get to fish a couple hours.thanks for the replys and talk to you soon.before I forget are you by chance a certified merc tech?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was but since I havent worked at a merc dealer since 2000 it has long since gone by the wayside, as for sending a personal note, on your left side of your computer screen there is a clickable link to send private message when you are viewing a persons profile.

well you bought the motor right... and you wouldnt by chance have a black and purple bullet would you.. i do alot of joint business with Eric Stevens at tigard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope white with dark burgandy stripes,the boat came from nixons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast