Tommy Skarlis Adds to His PWT Angler Of The Year Title

Sturtevant, Wis., October 2, 2008, 2008 – BRP announces that Evinrude® professional angler Tommy Skarlis of Waukon, Iowa took home the $150,000 paycheck at the 2008 FLW Walleye Tour Championship tournament in Bismarck, North Dakota this weekend. Skarlis adds the championship win to his portfolio of accomplishments, including Angler of the Year and four PWT victories.

Skarlis sealed the title when he pulled out two 3-pounders that anchored his 13-pound, 10-ounce limit. His hot spot was found during practice, nearly 1-hour away from the launch site each morning. The final two days of tournament fishing is from the FLW official tournament boats provided to the anglers that make the final cut. Skarlis was elated to know the Ranger
620-VS, powered by the Evinrude E-TEC® 250.H.O. tournament boat was identical to his own fishing rig. “It was like sleeping in my own bed,” declared Skarlis. “That package, along with the new gearcase Evinrude introduced this year, was what got me to the championship,” he
stated. “I had a treacherous 40-mile run each morning, surrounded by stumps and sandbars, and I knew with the reliability of my engine and the new gearcase, I was going to get to the fishing spot first and without any problems,” Skarlis concluded. He was able to secure the championship title by nearly 6 pounds, finishing with 29-pounds, 7-ounces.

Skarlis runs a Ranger 620-VS with an Evinrude E-TEC® 250 H.O. horsepower engine and has seen great success with this fishing package. “With four PWT tournament wins and the PWT Angler of the Year title, Skarlis is an accomplished professional angler. This recent
championship win fills the gap he has been seeking with each tournament”, said Roch Lambert, vice president and general manager, Outboard Engine Division.

“BRP is extremely proud of Tommy for winning the FLW Walleye Championship,” added Lambert. “Anglers have a choice in how they power their boat and that choice is their livelihood. The Evinrude E-TEC engine has proven to satisfy the most discerning professional anglers in